October 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RadJon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think schools have already decided who will get in by the 15th? Would it be wise to send a LOI or LOR tommorow?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm confused as to what this Oct 15 date is exactly. Could someone maybe explain.

"Do you think schools have already decided who will get in by the 15th?"

It seems like a lot a people haven't even interviewed yet so what's exactly happens on Oct 15? People who have already interviewed are notified? Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
Technically, no medical school can offer an acceptance to anyone before October 15th. So people who have already interviewed places are looking forward to that date, even though a school doesn't necessarily have to accept already interviewed students at that date. They can wait as long as they want.

I'm confused as to what this Oct 15 date is exactly. Could someone maybe explain.

"Do you think schools have already decided who will get in by the 15th?"

It seems like a lot a people haven't even interviewed yet so what's exactly happens on Oct 15? People who have already interviewed are notified? Thanks guys.

It's the date set by AMCAS that allopathic schools are allowed to start officially giving acceptances out.

The 15th is the first possible day md programs are supposed to accept ppl.

Is it worth calling schools on October 15th to find out if you were accepted?

Or is this just being too impatient…better to wait for the snail mail?

Is it worth calling schools on October 15th to find out if you were accepted?

Or is this just being too impatient…better to wait for the snail mail?

You can try, but several schools I interviewed at said that they would not give out any information about acceptances/rejections over the phone, and we would just have to wait until we got the letter. But I have heard of schools (like EVMS) that will tell you over the phone. It's your call, but I'd probably wait.

Some schools explicitly say you won't hear anything... AECOM says the earliest you'll hear is January 15th, I think NYU is in March, Cornell is later as well...