Odd phone call from Louisville last week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A week ago at 10:05AM, I received a call on my cell phone (which I missed) while at work. At 11:30 AM, I noticed I had missed one. I didn't recognize the phone number, so I looked up the area code. It was a Kentucky AC. I couldn't reverse check the number on google, so I just called it back directly. It was from the dental admissions office at U. Louisville. The woman who answered said she had NO idea why anyone would have called from there since all correspond. is via email so she couldn't help me out. I e-mailed Ms. Benningfield, but haven't heard anything back since that date. What do you think is going on? Any ideas? On AADSAS it says that my app. is complete and ready for review. No further updates have been made. Thanks. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Same odd thing happened to me. I got a call this morning from a 915 area code, but I answered it with my standard work greeting giving my name. I was hung up on! I dialed the number back and it was Nova admissions. Real professional. Anyway, it turned out she had called and wanted to let me know my application was complete and has been submitted for review, so I didn't mind the fact that she had hung up on me! So far I can't say much for Nova as far as their admissions staff handling my app...but I guess it is probably just some work-study student who doesn't care. I'm not bagging on anyone...I was one too:)

A week ago at 10:05AM, I received a call on my cell phone (which I missed) while at work. At 11:30 AM, I noticed I had missed one. I didn't recognize the phone number, so I looked up the area code. It was a Kentucky AC. I couldn't reverse check the number on google, so I just called it back directly. It was from the dental admissions office at U. Louisville. The woman who answered said she had NO idea why anyone would have called from there since all correspond. is via email so she couldn't help me out. I e-mailed Ms. Benningfield, but haven't heard anything back since that date. What do you think is going on? Any ideas? On AADSAS it says that my app. is complete and ready for review. No further updates have been made. Thanks. :confused:

if you already sent an email then there is nothing you can do until 9/18 b/c they have a message when you call the office (got # from website) that says if you are calling to check on the status of your app. to call back after 9/18, so i think they are reviewing a lot of apps right now. i would just keep checking your email and aadsas for updates.