*~*Official 2011-2012 PharmCAS Thread!*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know how to enter Dean's List? Is it under honor? or under Extracurricular?

According to Pharmcas, they want it under extracurricular. If so, regarding the month start and year start, do we put the month and the year we receive the notification on Dean's List? or the whole quarter course from where we begin class to where we receive the grades. Does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know how to enter Dean's List? Is it under honor? or under Extracurricular?

According to Pharmcas, they want it under extracurricular. If so, regarding the month start and year start, do we put the month and the year we receive the notification on Dean's List? or the whole quarter course from where we begin class to where we receive the grades. Does anybody know?

Yeah, I kinda went rouge on that one. I put Dean's List stuff under the Honor and Scholarships section. I mean getting on the Deans list is an honor, it's not really an activity. But who knows for sure...

I also want to throw out another question for anyone who's done it before. I'm figuring out what you can do after you're application has been submitted. The only thing I'm waiting on are LOR's from professors. However, I was reading under the Post-Submission Changes section "Reference Contacts: You may not delete an evaluator from your application once PharmCAS receives the evaluator’s reference." I'm assuming this means that you can delete people who never fill out a letter, or possibly add more people to fill out additional letters? I wasn't sure though, any opinions?

Yeah, I kinda went rouge on that one. I put Dean's List stuff under the Honor and Scholarships section. I mean getting on the Deans list is an honor, it's not really an activity. But who knows for sure...

I also want to throw out another question for anyone who's done it before. I'm figuring out what you can do after you're application has been submitted. The only thing I'm waiting on are LOR's from professors. However, I was reading under the Post-Submission Changes section "Reference Contacts: You may not delete an evaluator from your application once PharmCAS receives the evaluator's reference." I'm assuming this means that you can delete people who never fill out a letter, or possibly add more people to fill out additional letters? I wasn't sure though, any opinions?

if the person hasn't submitted their rec letter for you yet, then yes you can delete them off Pharmcas, you can also add more people as well. (there should be a small red "x" next to their name that you can click on to delete them)

and "dean's list" does go under "honors"

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the PCAT in January and designated the scores to be sent to PharmCas at the time. My scores have not appeared on my application on PharmCas. Do I have to request the scores to be sent to PharmCas again since January was outside of the 2013 application cycle?

I took the test in January, too. Yes, you have to request the scores be sent again. The cost was $20.

I have a few questions about the coursework section.

So I took a first-year integrated program where I took three 5-unit courses over 3 quarters. This program satisfied 1 course for lower division writing, 1 course for social and behavioral sciences, and 2 courses for arts and humanities. So what do I categorize these three classes as? General Non-science?

Also, my university has undergraduate research for units so it appears on our transcript, and I understand we're supposed to input our transcript exactly as it appears. So what should we categorize research as? Biology? The course name is Bio 199.

And it's unpaid, so could we repeat it under extra-curriculars? Or is it that once its counted for a grade you can't count it for EC.

Thanks so much!

I have a couple of questions to ask regarding the PharmCAS application. I recently graduated in the Spring of 2012, and I was wondering in the 'Institutions Attended' section, do I select 'Degree Awarded' under the "Degree Status" and 'June 2012' for the "Date Degree Earned"? Or do I list the date that I actually receive my diploma?

Also, I am still confused because my school does not post the degree on the transcript until July 30, 2012, which brings me to my second question. I was wondering if I could send PharmCAS my transcript now with the degree yet to be posted. Or will that affect my entire application if I list my degree status as 'Degree Awarded' on 'June 2012'? Or should I wait until July 30th to send the transcript perhaps to prevent having to send the transcript twice?

Last edited:
Class standing is based on # of completed hours once you start college courses. You are a freshman until you complete 30 hours, then sophomore until 60, and so on. You would list these classes just like any other class. As in select the year and term, then enter the information of the courses.
As for #2, I would just list stuff like your example as "The Foundations of Western Civilizations." Really the title does not matter a ton as long as it properly describes the class. This is due to the requirement for the course ID, which is what will be used to identify any courses they need to.

Thank you :)

Just an FYI to everyone with questions, PharmCAS has a Facebook page and does a really awesome job of answering questions there themselves. =)

so on application for lor, if it says complete under status, it means they already sent it in?!

if yes, should I just email them thanking for taking time to do this blah blah blah?

I have a question and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Do you have to send in a transcript from a community college even if you received a withdraw pass, especially since it was the only class taken at this institution? Thanks!

I have a question and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Do you have to send in a transcript from a community college even if you received a withdraw pass, especially since it was the only class taken at this institution? Thanks!
Yep, they require you send them EVERYTHING. They made me list a failed AP exam.

I was a member of the American Chemical Society. I'm putting it in for EC. Could I put it as Healthcare/Pharmacy related? I know it's not technically 100% related to pharmacy, but it really got me in the direction I needed to go, and I feel like it was so much more than "just a club."

I was thinking about putting "yes", "Professor Science" since we had to work with our adviser who was a chemistry professor, then "club (other)". Thanks!

I was a member of the American Chemical Society. I'm putting it in for EC. Could I put it as Healthcare/Pharmacy related? I know it's not technically 100% related to pharmacy, but it really got me in the direction I needed to go, and I feel like it was so much more than "just a club."

I was thinking about putting "yes", "Professor Science" since we had to work with our adviser who was a chemistry professor, then "club (other)". Thanks!

Hey, I am an American Chemical Society member as well. I hadn't thought about adding that to the EC section, but now I will. I would put it under "healthcare/Pharmacy" related if that is what you got out of it. it isn't really a "club" though. I made a couple presentations on my organic medicinal chemical research, so I would select the same thing. Do you think they will be super strict on what you select?