Official 2012-2013 Rheumatology fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet, however, would like to hear about your experience towards this; your thoughts and securing a spot, etc....

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, really - you guys care to talk about anything :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Nothing to post about yet. Waiting game for now :sleep:

Waiting too!! Everything's submitted, two programs have downloaded.

Good luck :luck:

Hi guys
applied like you all...lets see how it goes.
btw ,just outta curiosity,do you folks have any research and all in your application?

submitted, downloaded, and waiting... eep

Interview today from home program. Most programs have downloaded. I'm so impatient!

Congrats Rheumination! Yeah, it's a bit slow. I'm guessing most programs are a bit too busy with the new fellows right now.

Got one today. Hope this means more will be coming in soon!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone!
Thought I'd add to the forum instead of just reading.
Got 3rd interview today, figure things should pick up this week...
Best to you all!

Welcome! Glad to hear another voice in here! :)

Hello everyone!
Thought I'd add to the forum instead of just reading.
Got 3rd interview today, figure things should pick up this week...
Best to you all!

Me too! Maybe we should message our interviews in to one person, that way it's not so obvious who's who since it's such a small field?

Hi folks,

Haven't posted on here since medical school or perhaps even before. Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well. First concern here is just getting some interviews. Applied to 60 programs (pretty average candidate, so applied broadly). I applied a week late-- guess that makes it about a week ago. 8 programs have yet to download my application, so they're either not interviewing this year or just interviewing later, I suppose. I've heard back from 5 programs thus far. How is everyone else doing? What kind of programs are you all interested in?

Tiddly of Winks....nice name :)
Got several interviews as well, but not yet enough to be in the safe zone.
Rheumination... I like your idea.
By the way, any one here knows how many interviews people who matched to Rheumatology in previous years went to on average?

Thats awesome lilili, just applied to 24 programs for now, hopefully not to late. What do u guys think is a safe no. of programs to apply to?

Woh thing r pretty quite on this thread!
Lets start making a list on places that have started handing out IV's. I would have started but still waiting for any sort of activity in my inbox.
GL all

Woh thing r pretty quite on this thread!
Lets start making a list on places that have started handing out IV's. I would have started but still waiting for any sort of activity in my inbox.
GL all

I guess a list of which programs have given interviews would be helpful for everyone as rheumination and others have suggested.

If folks want to anonymously message me, I'm happy to compile a list and keep forum updated as interviews roll in.

Here is feedback so far:

Interviews:

Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
UVA
Vanderbilt
Vermont

Rejections:
UCSD

I haven't posted on here for a while... since before med school. But figured I'd join the conversation since things are so quiet.

Just received my 7th interview today. I'll have the programs added to the running list.

Good luck everyone.

Updated list, thanks everyone!

Colorado
Columbia
Cleveland clinic
Dartmouth
Emory
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oregon Health Sciences
U Penn
University of Texas at Houston
UVA
University of Washington
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Winthrop

Reject from:
UCSD
Best to everyone!

Hi crew, adding off of Rheumguy's list, hope that's okay. Good job on those interviews, everyone.

Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Columbia
Dartmouth
Emory
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Clinic in Florida
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oregon Health Sciences
University of Chicago
U Penn
University of Texas at Houston
UVA
University of Washington
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Winthrop

Reject from:
UCSD
UC Irvine (mini phone interview, went rather poorly...)

Hey guys, long time lurker rare poster.

I only applied to 15 programs, gotten 6 interviews so far:

Hopkins
Columbia
Sinai (NYC)
UWashington
Temple
Penn

Anyone heard from Cornell (HSS) or NYU yet?

Today: Rejection from UCSF :(

For me, it seems I've heard from about 1/2 of programs I applied to so far (12 invites, 2 rejections). Anyone else have a similar experience so far?

Any word from the Carolina programs?

I'll update interview list later today if I hear from anyone else...

Have a great weekend all!

Seems like things have been slower this week, I got 7 interviews last week, then have heard nothing at all since then. Anyone heard anything this week?

Seems like things have been slower this week, I got 7 interviews last week, then have heard nothing at all since then. Anyone heard anything this week?

Yep, it's been two weeks (!) since I've had an interview offer, still waiting to hear back from five places while interviews have started already. I feel like it's mostly over...do you think they'll send rejections or just icy silence?

Yep, it's been two weeks (!) since I've had an interview offer, still waiting to hear back from five places while interviews have started already. I feel like it's mostly over...do you think they'll send rejections or just icy silence?

I don't know. Hopefully it's not all over. I haven't heard from places I was sure I'd interview, like my former medical school. I think some places are still reviewing applications. Maybe we should just sit tight. Also It's reassuring that the places I haven't heard from are not on the list of places others have gotten interview invites. Maybe there is still hope.

Well I hope its not over I applied last Friday still no IV.

I don't know. Hopefully it's not all over. I haven't heard from places I was sure I'd interview, like my former medical school. I think some places are still reviewing applications. Maybe we should just sit tight. Also It's reassuring that the places I haven't heard from are not on the list of places others have gotten interview invites. Maybe there is still hope.

Agreed, the programs I'm waiting to hear from (two that I'm excited about) aren't on the list yet, we'll see...probably some are just slow.

One more interview today! But I agree still haven't heard from a couple programs I thought would be definites. I have a friend who is applying in another specialty and she was actually sent a couple of emails that said they wouldn't offer interviews until the end of August. I think there is still some hope.

I'm also hoping to hear from the carolinas!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Agreed, the programs I'm waiting to hear from (two that I'm excited about) aren't on the list yet, we'll see...probably some are just slow.

LadyJubilee, Rheumination- I agree- with the exception of one program, I haven't heard from some key interests, but neither has anyone else (based on replies so far)... Keep the faith, good things are in store for us next week!! :)

Here's the updated list for the weekend:

Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Columbia
Dartmouth
Emory
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Indiana
Iowa
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Clinic in Florida
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oregon Health Sciences
Rush
Sinai (NY)
SUNY Upstate
Temple
UC Davis
UCSD
U Chicago
U Penn
U Texas at Houston
UVA
U Washington
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Winthrop

Rejections from:
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCSF

LadyJubilee, Rheumination- I agree- with the exception of one program, I haven't heard from some key interests, but neither has anyone else (based on replies so far)... Keep the faith, good things are in store for us next week!! :)

Here's the updated list for the weekend:

Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Columbia
Dartmouth
Emory
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Indiana
Iowa
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Clinic in Florida
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oregon Health Sciences
Rush
Sinai (NY)
SUNY Upstate
Temple
UC Davis
UCSD
U Chicago
U Penn
U Texas at Houston
UVA
U Washington
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Winthrop

Rejections from:
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCSF

Thanks for the updates, good luck to us all next week :luck: !

I must be the only east coaster here, from the looks of it. Let's go NYC programs, we're waiting!

General question to all forum members
How competitive is Rheumatology fellowship. How is the life style and what is the salary range???

Got UCSF today! Adding to the list

Cleveland Clinic
Colorado
Columbia
Dartmouth
Emory
Georgetown
Georgia Health Sciences
Indiana
Iowa
Johns Hopkins
Mayo Clinic in Florida
Med Coll of Wisconsin
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oregon Health Sciences
Rush
Sinai (NY)
SUNY Upstate
Temple
UC Davis
UCSD
UCSF
U Chicago
U Penn
U Texas at Houston
UVA
U Washington
Vanderbilt
Vermont
Winthrop

Rejections from:
UC Irvine
UCSD
UCSF

One more:

AECOM (Bronx, NY)

This week is also very slow.
I hope the season is not over yet.
How many interviews do we need in order to be in the safe zone

Thanks for the feedback everyone, add these to the list:

Cooper U
Duke
UT Southwestern
U of Wisconsin

I don't know the "safe" number; some mentors are telling me around 8-10. But I think I'm going to go crazy if I travel to more than 5 programs...