Official 2013-2014 GI fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IV so far:
Stonybrook
North Shore LIJ
Albert Einstein-Philadelphia
Rochester
Rush
Case
CCF
Cincinnati
OSU

Rejections:
Mt Sinai
U Chicago
NYHQ
Rutgers RWJMS
BIDMC

Applied to ~ 40, heard from only the above.

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in for Rej from Allegheny....for whoever did not get any IVs, can we all get together and share our credentials to get an idea of whats going on this year? It looks like the season is almost over.
Good luck to all anyways......

Has anyone heard or know of someone who received IVs from Virginia Commonwealth or case metrohealth ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 10 invites but have not heard from a single program positively for the last 10 days. Is it time to not expect anymore interviews? I am getting 1-2 rejections everyday now.

I have 10 invites but have not heard from a single program positively for the last 10 days. Is it time to not expect anymore interviews? I am getting 1-2 rejections everyday now.

same here just got number 10 last week. 1-2 rejections daily.

Is it a good idea now to have your mentor call/email a few programs to get an interview?

Interview from University of Iowa..anyone know how good is this program?

Does anyone know any good websites or links as far as what questions the programs usually ask??

Count me in for Rej from Allegheny....for whoever did not get any IVs, can we all get together and share our credentials to get an idea of whats going on this year? It looks like the season is almost over.

I agree!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here :(

Season is over but still the heart wants to feel the other way.....Hoping against hope.
Called a bunch of places, very few places left to yet send ivs, season is over, good luck all, my job search started today :(
Any one have idea of non-acgme accredited heaptology for those on visa?

Called a bunch of places, very few places left to yet send ivs, season is over, good luck all, my job search started today :(

Which places have you called and said were done sending IVs ?

who are those few who are are still sending IVs? just to see if there is still hope in them!

IMG on the 'bad' Visa
Mid Tier Univ Program
Step 1 and 2 - >250
5 Publications in GI (Mixed authorship)
Was expecting good letters. Hopefully they were good.
2 interviews. 1 from my own university. All other rejections.

IMG on the 'bad' Visa
Mid Tier Univ Program
Step 1 and 2 - >250

IMG on the 'bad' Visa
Mid Tier Univ Program
Step 1 and 2 - >250

With your credentials you have a big chance matching in your program. You have excellent Steps and enough publication that made every gi attending aware of your hard working. Your own program should not decline your visa. Good luck

Total dry spell for me. 14th day now without an interview. Somebody who told me that interview invites come in Sep as well was obviously lying!

Total dry spell for me. 14th day now without an interview. Somebody who told me that interview invites come in Sep as well was obviously lying!

Seriously. end of aug we were all saying it was early, but it seems now that was wrong. the competition is increasing as those that don't match years prior are reapplying with stronger letters and achievements. I think bolus IVs are now over. 1 or 2 Ivs may trickle in as people cancel, if they are unselfish enough to cancel way in advance.

Hi everyone, what I thought was a better application for me turned out to be quite a bit disappointing. Although I do have 2 interviews (I applied to 89 programs), I'm uncertain as to what what my chances are, especially knowing how good the credentials of the other applicants are. On a good note though, the turnout of my application has allowed me to realize what I still need to do to boost my credentials. For the people here who have no interview invites AND are just about to graduate from residency, there's really no need to be terribly sad. As a hospitalist working a little more than two years now, I've experienced the best times in my life so far - traveling a lot and being able to provide for my self and my family without worrying about money. General Internal Medicine is a rewarding profession, more so hospital medicine...

Hi everyone, what I thought was a better application for me turned out to be quite a bit disappointing. Although I do have 2 interviews (I applied to 89 programs), I'm uncertain as to what what my chances are, especially knowing how good the credentials of the other applicants are. On a good note though, the turnout of my application has allowed me to realize what I still need to do to boost my credentials. For the people here who have no interview invites AND are just about to graduate from residency, there's really no need to be terribly sad. As a hospitalist working a little more than two years now, I've experienced the best times in my life so far - traveling a lot and being able to provide for my self and my family without worrying about money. General Internal Medicine is a rewarding profession, more so hospital medicine...

Its about the passion and ending up doing what you always wanted to do

BIDMC and UCSD IV today... if you havn't heard from the program then you're still on a waiting list for cancellations at the least

Mt. Sinai IV... don't give up hope everyone. I thought I was out of the running for all 3 of these programs I heard from today

Rej.. Uni of Cincinnati ..Early this morning as if 3 rejections were not enough yesterday... :mad:

Invites from UCI, Tufts, University of Buffalo, and Bridgeport Hospital/Yale University Program.

It feels like...between all these rejections, if someone throws an IV, I am most likely to overlook it and miss it :)

Any word from MUSC? They had not sent anything out as of wednesday.

has anyone heard from einstein - bronx or GW?

So far 4 IVs from big name programs. Most community and small programs sent rejections.

Status
Not open for further replies.