Official 2013-2014 Nephrology fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm applying this year- good luck everybody!

Potentially dumb question:
is it okay to submit my application prior to all my LOR being in?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi any resident needing j1 waiver. how many applications did you send? and when are they sending out the invites? thanks

hi everyone .. lets all help each other .. keep this thread updated..
For me , half of the programs that I applied to have not downloaded the application.. When do the interviews / rejections ususally start rolling in ?

@ terrifier
yeah , it's ok to submit the application now and have your LORs uploaded later ( but ask your letter writers to do it before july 31)

How many programs have you guys applied to ?

I am an IMG , doing residency at a university program and will bw chief for 6 months as a PGY 3 , no published research or abstracts , though I have been working on a couple of projects, have applied to 24 programs so far

yes. half of the programs have not downloaded the applications so far.

PGY-3 in community program, no publications or research, applied to 20 programs...
1 iv so far...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats :)
Do you mind please sharing your credentials ?

congrats fk 506..

I have my interviews coming up soon, does anyone know how will the fellowship interviews be..
will it be very formal like residency interview with usual Q like tell me about yourself, strength, positive , negative etc ??

Congrats fk506!

I'm not really sure about the formality of the interviews.. this is my first time in the fellowship match.

I am a US grad, MD residency at university program, chief resident this year, a couple of pubs.

Upenn, OHSU, U Miami, Maine, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina

Congrats to everyone for interviews :)
@ terrifier - you surely have great credentials .. good luck !
@ angiotensin - though this is my first time in fellowship match too but from what I get from my friends it still seems to be formal and pretty much like residency interviews

Good luck to all future nephrologists :)
lets keep each other posted

Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess :):)

Last edited:
Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore :):)

Nice, Nephron! Those are some great programs.
I love everyone's nephrology names :) :)

Hello everyone

Do you guys know if programs have application deadlines, haven't really found any on the websites, except some suggesting to have everything in by beginning of August. Problem is, I do not have all my LoRs in, so have not yet submitted the application.However, if they've been giving out interview calls already, would they wait another week to review more applications?
Terrifier, did you get the interview calls before the LoRs were in already (referring to your question earlier)
As for stats, IMG from a community program, 3 years out, no significant research :(
Congrats to everyone with interview invites

You should submit it! I submitted mine with only two LOR in and I received two interviews before the other two were put in. I think some programs care, some don't.

Good luck!! I hope everyone gets to go where they want to :)

Edit: Once your other letters get uploaded to the "post office" you can assign them to the particular programs, even if you've already submitted your application. It's really easy, and you can then track if/when the programs have downloaded your info.

Yeah , submit your application with whatever LORs you have by now and upload your remaining LORs as they become available

yup , nothing in last two days.

I was just wondering how many programs does everyone usually apply to ?
so far , I have applied to 27 programs and I am not sure if I should apply to some more programs.

--> Has anyone scheduled their interview at U Penn ??

Mt Sinai ( Elmhurst) iv..
Is this program university or affliated with university. looks like a 600 bed hospital.

Interview from Duke, John Hopkins :)

Last edited:
Im a PGY-3 IMG from a Community program

2 IVs So far- University of Michigan, Kaiser-LA

Hi Lampard, When did you get Interview from University of Michigan

@ Nephrol2014

I got the U of M IV on Friday.

Congrats on your IVs. You have some great calls! Can you please share your profile and date of application ?

@ Nephrol2014

I got the U of M IV on Friday.

Congrats on your IVs. You have some great calls! Can you please share your profile and date of application ?

@Lampard; Applied on 15th July; PGY-3 IMG; Advance Degree; University Program; Tons of Research

Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore, Duke, John Hopkins :)

Congrats everyone on getting interviews !
got one from John Hopkins today :)

@ Nephron 2014 - great iv calls .. I am scheduled for U Penn on sep 27th as well

Interviews from Upenn, OHSU, University of Miami, Maine Medical Center, Vanderbilt, MU South Carolina, Beth Israel Deaconess, Albert Einstein/Montefiore, Duke, John Hopkins, Mount Sinai Medical Center New York :) :)

Congrats people!

Interviews - Yale,Cleveland Clinic, Uni of Michigan, Kaiser LA

I'm so happy everyone is doing so well!
Some of my programs haven't even downloaded my application yet :oops: