Official 2013-2014 Pulm/CCM fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we dont know jack about how to stop a fibroblastic response, no antifibrosis agent works (if fibrosis is a single entity or a common presentation of multiple underlying pathways is another thing). From keloids to ipf nothings works real good, or at all. Get that and the nobel is within your reach.

Some of the guys at my shop have evidence for an antifibrotic agent. Just got a large large grant to look at it much closer.

Lung fibrosis of the type seen in IPF has much in common with metastatic cancer.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing the article.

It's November 1st. Hopefully interviews are done for most by now. If not, good luck on the final push!

Just a friendly reminder to register and submit your ROL on NRMP by 11/13/13. Match Day 12/4/13!

Reactions: 1 user
Any idea how to rank these programs:
1. Mayo Florida
2.U Kentucky
3.Tulane University
4.Oklahoma University
5.University of Texas Galveston
6.Albany.
7.East Carolina University.
8.Case Western Metrohealth.
9.University of Tennessee

Wants to go into academics( clinician educator)

Thank you so much.
I didn't know that UO will rank second among these programs

Any idea how to rank these programs:
1. Mayo Florida
2.U Kentucky
3.Tulane University
4.Oklahoma University
5.University of Texas Galveston
6.Albany.
7.East Carolina University.
8.Case Western Metrohealth.
9.University of Tennessee

Wants to go into academics( clinician educator)

I would probably rank them:
UK
Tulane
OU (not UO)
UT-Memphis
UTMB
Mayo Florida
ECU
Case Western MetroHealth
Albany

I need help to rank these programs:
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center - MA
- NY Methodist Hospital - NY
- UC San Francisco - Fresno - CA
- UT Medical Branch - Galveston

If you have any information about these program, i would appreciate it

How would these programs be ranked? thanks
- Carilion Clinic -VA
- Beth Newark Israel - NJ
- LSU (shreveport) - LA
- CCH - IL
- Henry Ford - MI

Members don't see this ad :)
How should I rank these programs?
- Breaking Bad
- Homeland
- Downton Abbey
- Parks and Recreation
- American Horror Story

Joking aside. I agree, it really comes down to what YOU like the best and what FEELS like the right "match."

ROLs due 11/13/13

I meant besides "what you like and what feels right", would like to go into academic, clinician educator.

Henry ford and then the rest.
Dunno if you'd like living in Detroit Newark or Shreveport.

Did you guys get rank to match or rank letter from program? I didn't get from any program so a little bit worry.

Did you guys get rank to match or rank letter from program? I didn't get from any program so a little bit worry.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're asking... There's no rank letters from programs. We rank them on NRMP. They rank us. The computer figures it out and spits out the Match.

I think he means the "we have ranked you to match/ to very likely match /highly, and look forward to having you as part of our team" letter from PD's

I did get a couple. Then checked with the pwople who interviewed with me. And they all got those letters. So i think no big deal. Worst offender Mayo FL.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you're asking... There's no rank letters from programs. We rank them on NRMP. They rank us. The computer figures it out and spits out the Match.
Thx for answer. I saw my friend who applied to another field got email from program and the content said they will rank him to match( looked like guarantee spot) so did you guy email like this. Thx

Ohhhh I see. I thought those kind of suggestive emails from PDs were "illegal?"

I did get a couple. Then checked with the pwople who interviewed with me. And they all got those letters. So i think no big deal. Worst offender Mayo FL.
Sorry that Mayo Florida did that, I interviewed with them but didn't get any feedback yet. Seem to be nice place.

- UCSF - Fresno - CA
- UTmb - Galveston

Then maybe, my buddies are also being highly considered. Anyhow that doesnt change my ranking, not a bit.

hope will be a great match for all of us

Last edited:
please help with ROL

Newark Beth israel medical center
Case western
university of cincinnati
allegheny general pittsburgh
Emory
Albert einstein philadelphia
St Louis university
providence hospital Detroit
west Virginia University
carilion clinic virginia

Really? Just now 26 hours before deadline, and zero contributions during the whole season....

Guys... third time to ask this Q
If anyone can help ranking these programs based on any information they have

- UCSF - Fresno - CA
- UTmb - Galveston

Guys... third time to ask this Q
If anyone can help ranking these programs based on any information they have

- UCSF - Fresno - CA
- UTmb - Galveston

Well, you have information about these programs. What did you think? How would you rank them?

Angry panda in 3...2...1....

I'm actually so irritated I haven't been clicking on this thread. But it's done enough, soon enough.

I'm tired of dealing with applicants and "ranking" of lower end academic spots. None of those those rank "higher" than another. Most of those spots don't even appear on any kind of national radar screen. Research? Clinical education? **** if I or anyone else knows. So, people need to rank the programs according to how they liked them, period. No other way to do it. No one believes those of us who have gone before and have experience though.

Was the PD nice? Did you get free food in the caf? Does the call schedule seem reasonable? Can your wife live in that city without divorcing you? Do you let you park within two block of where you work? Does it get colder the surface of the moon there in the winter? Are you confident you get your bronch numbers? Do they have an Indian Buffett within waking distance to the hospital? The bottom line: could you live there for three years and like the programs.

I mean these are the things that are important to consider in the low end programs. That's it!!

I'm actually so irritated I haven't been clicking on this thread. But it's done enough, soon enough.

I'm tired of dealing with applicants and "ranking" of lower end academic spots. None of those those rank "higher" than another. Most of those spots don't even appear on any kind of national radar screen. Research? Clinical education? **** if I or anyone else knows. So, people need to rank the programs according to how they liked them, period. No other way to do it. No one believes those of us who have gone before and have experience though.
Was the PD nice? Did you get free food in the caf? Does the call schedule seem reasonable? Can your wife live in that city without divorcing you? Do you let you park within two block of where you work? Does it get colder the surface of the moon there in the winter? Are you confident you get your bronch numbers? Do they have an Indian Buffett within waking distance to the hospital? The bottom line: could you live there for three years and like the programs.

I mean these are the things that are important to consider in the low end programs. That's it!!

Spoken like a burned out and tired 3rd year fellow. The light at the end of the tunnel, is the tax train from uncle Sammy.....

was there any of you who interviewed at UAB received snail mail from the program?

Jussssst in case some of you forgot....

ROL DUE 13 Nov 2013 09:00 PM EST

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN THE MATCH!!

One more week and counting. Feels like FORRR-EVVV-ERRR...

Hope we all match at our top picks! Have a Happy Thanksgiving all!

12pm EST (9am PST)!! It's finally here. Good luck everyone! Are we posting our matches?