Official 2013-2014 Rejection list Pod

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are trying to make it sound like they accept a whole bunch of students with poor stats. The average stats across all the schools are somewhere around a 3.3/23 and they will only go up as awareness builds. If they were just taking in people who didn't try at all the numbers wouldn't be at that level. No, a 23 MCAT is not good in comparison to what you need for a US MD school, but it also doesn't mean you are an idiot. The only reason you need a 30+ for US med schools is because of the competition, not because it's a score that dictates whether you have the brains to understand the material. The awareness is low for pod school so people with lower MCAT scores can get in.

I apologize if you thought I was implying that pod students are "idiots". That was not my intention. In fact, I know that the reason why pod students have poor MCAT scores is simply because they know they can get in with poor scores. A lot of pod applicants just take the MCAT cold without much prep. The reason why a lot of MD applicants have 30 plus scores is because they spend hundreds of hours studying for the test.

My point is, why are there so many pod schools trying to fill up hundreds of seats when there simply isn't enough demand? Also, I disagree that 3.3/23 is that great. The national MCAT average for 2013 was 25. Pod schools should atleast aim for a matriculant average that matches the national average.

Also a 23 average means that a lot of applicants with 18-20 do get in because there are a lot of pod matriculants with late twenties and thirties MCAT scores (you know, people who actually studied for the test).

More than intelligence, MCAT is a measure of hard work. It tries to separate the hard working applicants from the lazy ones. Wouldn't pod schools benefit from more hard working matriculants who are as willing to work hard for pod boards as they did for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

So did the moderators for this site take a vacation or do they simply not follow the pre-podiatry forum?

How has this dude not been kicked off?
Usually I don't respond to posts like this, but it seems like a good time for a few reminders: 1. The moderators for the forum check on the forums quite often, probably more than most of the other members. As a resident, my days can be pretty busy and I sometimes only get to check the forums while I'm in between cases in the OR or in traffic on my way home. While we try hard to monitor every thread, we're not omniscient. If you notice something that concerns you or you don't find appropriate, please report the post. When you report the something, the appropriate moderators get notified. Every reported post is reviewed, usually by several moderators. 2. The best way to deal with someone you consider to be trolling is not to call them out or engage with them. Please report the post. Engaging with a troll (as well as DPM vs MD vs DO flame wars) are violations of the terms of service. 3. You can PM pacpod or me anytime if you have any questions.

Usually I don't respond to posts like this, but it seems like a good time for a few reminders: 1. The moderators for the forum check on the forums quite often, probably more than most of the other members. As a resident, my days can be pretty busy and I sometimes only get to check the forums while I'm in between cases in the OR or in traffic on my way home. While we try hard to monitor every thread, we're not omniscient. If you notice something that concerns you or you don't find appropriate, please report the post. When you report the something, the appropriate moderators get notified. Every reported post is reviewed, usually by several moderators. 2. The best way to deal with someone you consider to be trolling is not to call them out or engage with them. Please report the post. Engaging with a troll (as well as DPM vs MD vs DO flame wars) are violations of the terms of service. 3. You can PM pacpod or me anytime if you have any questions.

Thank you. Also Idsrmdude is an exemplary mod. In fact he private messaged yesterday and cautioned me, told me I shouldn't start provocative threads. I apologized and asked him to remove this thread. He was NOT on vacation. He was NOT lazy. Please do not slander this noble hard working mod.

You can attack me but not him.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is anyone even talking to this guy? You're an actual MD? Because this literally seems like you're in high school.. You have supposedly had 8+ years post high school education and should now have an amazing career but you somehow have the time/feel the need to use your time coming on to a forum and bashing pre podiatry students???

If you don't like podiatry, podiatrists, the admissions process, whatever...then simply stay away from podiatry forums. I would never think to go to a Caribbean forum and start talking bad about them.. Mainly because I'm a respectful human being and to me a janitor at a hospital would get the same courtesy as an MD would, but also because I simply don't have the time nor desire to waste my day bashing other people online..... and I'm just a unemployed recent undergraduate and the moment. You're supposed to be a Medical Doctor, a Physician, a respected, well educated individual. If you even represent any of the MD population then I'm very happy I'm going down the DPM road.

Reactions: 2 users
Why is anyone even talking to this guy? You're an actual MD? Because this literally seems like you're in high school.. You have supposedly had 8+ years post high school education and should now have an amazing career but you somehow have the time/feel the need to use your time coming on to a forum and bashing pre podiatry students???

If you don't like podiatry, podiatrists, the admissions process, whatever...then simply stay away from podiatry forums. I would never think to go to a Caribbean forum and start talking bad about them.. Mainly because I'm a respectful human being and to me a janitor at a hospital would get the same courtesy as an MD would, but also because I simply don't have the time nor desire to waste my day bashing other people online..... and I'm just a unemployed recent undergraduate and the moment. You're supposed to be a Medical Doctor, a Physician, a respected, well educated individual. If you even represent any of the MD population then I'm very happy I'm going down the DPM road.

I agree. Mods, please remove this thread.