Official 2014-2015 Cardiology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
which would you rank higher - Guthrie in PA or South Dakota?

Location wise, definitely Guthrie Packer, but not sure about the individual program.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know usually how far do programs usually go per position on their rank list to fill their spots? For example, say a program has 5 spots, usually how far down the rank list would that program have to go to get that 5 spots. Personal experience would be greatly helpful for me to determine my chances, as I know where i will be ranked in a few of my programs, and just wanted to know my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know usually how far do programs usually go per position on their rank list to fill their spots? For example, say a program has 5 spots, usually how far down the rank list would that program have to go to get that 5 spots. Personal experience would be greatly helpful for me to determine my chances, as I know where i will be ranked in a few of my programs, and just wanted to know my chances.
It depends on the program, I do research at one of the to notch cardio programs. They take 8-9 each year and last year their last person was #18 in their list!

Could you rank the following NYC hospitals? I am interested in a good combination of academic and clinical environment and good chances to get into subspecialty training.

This is my current list for NYC programs. Any suggestion?

NYP-Cornell
NYU
St Luke's
Montefiore
Mount Sinai Clinical Track
Beth Israel

I will put Mount Sinai higher than St Luke AND Monte

I agree, it depends on the program. Top tier programs usually invite only the top 10% applicants. Assuming a program received 600 applications, only ~60 applicants would be invited to interview. Most of the programs have ~5-6 positions.

How could you know your ranking position?

I interviewed at Lehigh valley. A very great community program. The faculty acknowledge that the fellows work "hard" because of the volume. I actually see that as a good thing. The volume is great. I did not interview at Allegheny General Hospital. So, I would not be able to comment. However, out of all the community programs I interviewed at, Lehigh Valley tops all of them. Best of luck.
Thanks a lot

Several of my co residents and I received TEN letters yesterday (including BWH and MGH, do not know about BIDMC)

Members don't see this ad :)
what do you think about Brown/Rhode Island vs Univ of Minnesota ?

Anybody heard from Geisenger or Lehigh about the ranking?

Hey Guys, I am still confused how to rank
1- ETSU
2- Marshall univ
3- LVH
4- U of Albany

Thanks a lot

Hey guys how would you rank the following?......
UT Houston vs. Medical College of Wisconsin vs. Eastern Carolina/Vidant Medical Center? Any help will be much appreciated!

Now the waiting time begins, 3 weeks to wait. Best of luck to everybody.

Is this a match violation? It is past the deadline to submit rank order list. I want to go to the program coordinator of my #1, and just straight up ask if they ranked me. I dont mind if they dont tell me, but is it a match violation? thx

Is this a match violation? It is past the deadline to submit rank order list. I want to go to the program coordinator of my #1, and just straight up ask if they ranked me. I dont mind if they dont tell me, but is it a match violation? thx
What do you plan to achieve by doing that? The program coordinator would most likely not tell you except you are ranked to match. It is not worth it. I have no idea if it is a match violation but probably, it is (if you get reported).

Did anyone hear from CCF prior to the rank list deadline? I've heard that they call the applicants they intend to take.

Did anyone hear from CCF prior to the rank list deadline? I've heard that they call the applicants they intend to take.

I didn't get a call, and I matched at CCF. Just list your preferences in the order you'd prefer and let the match do its magic. For the last two years at least, they've gone to #13 on the rank list for 13 spots. Ranking CCF first is your best option to get a spot.

Last edited:
I wish you guys match at the best places, so I can occupy a spot in some crappy program. That's my chance.

Did Anyone receive Rank to Match letters from OChsner? What do guys think abt Ochsner.

so what am I supposed to do on Match day, wait for e-mail or just log in NRMP?

Instead of waiting for e-mail, just log in on NRMP. This is written on their website:

""On Match Day for each SMS Match, applicants can log in to the R3® system at 12:00 p.m. ET to learn where they matched or, if necessary, to view the List of Unfilled Programs. A List of Unmatched Applicants also is available for programs that do not fill all positions.""

Honestly don't think it is helpful to collect names of prog at this stage. There are plenty of prog which haven't sent invites (a lot of ny, pa, oh, ma, ct, ca progs are pending). Your list will get too long! Hopefully this week will be good for us waiting for interviews.
How are you?? Long time no post!!

Anyone knows if Programs will receive the results earlier?
Good luck everyone

good luck to everyone tomorrow! :luck:

good luck guys, hope your dreams come true

I am not nervous. I am not nervous. I am not nervous. I am not n............................................