Official 2014-2015 Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with me last tuesday got IV still waiting for reply.. Very unprofessional on their part

Might wanna call them. I hope its not the same PC !!

Members don't see this ad.

Got IV from UBuffalo but they gave me just ONE date within 10 days, and I am already interviewing that day... Now is it professional to ask my first IV to chnage a date so close to the IV or shoudl I just refuse UBuffalo?

Might wanna call them. I hope its not the same PC !!

hey it could be and i tried calling and leaving messages and i sent an email no response, their should be some common courtesy in these things .

Members don't see this ad :)
University of Massachusetts message but eras is down.

I have a message in my ERAS mailbox since morning and I can't open it. Drinks on me for everybody if it's an interview

Reactions: 1 users
UWash by a country mile. Maryland is a fine place but kind of suffers by being in the shadow of some big fancy hospital I can never remember the name of. RPCI is a better research place than clinical. But it's not bad on the clinical side and it's the only NCCN institution in the area, so it's got that going for it.
Thank you, gutonc !!!

Got IV from UBuffalo but they gave me just ONE date within 10 days, and I am already interviewing that day... Now is it professional to ask my first IV to chnage a date so close to the IV or shoudl I just refuse UBuffalo?
Depends, which is a "better" program for you? I'd honestly ask UBuff if they can offer you another day before trying to get the other program to change. But figure out which one you'd rather go to and go from there.

Depends, which is a "better" program for you? I'd honestly ask UBuff if they can offer you another day before trying to get the other program to change. But figure out which one you'd rather go to and go from there.
Thanks! The other one is UWisconsin. And I already asked UBuffalo - they do not have any other dates. It would be sad to miss an IV opportunity but I guess that's the way it is!

Thanks! The other one is UWisconsin. And I already asked UBuffalo - they do not have any other dates. It would be sad to miss an IV opportunity but I guess that's the way it is!
How early did you start drinking today? Skip out on Wisconsin/Carbonne for B-Lo/RPCI?

tumblr_inline_n44y8vLPJr1qbxca2.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Eras back up. My message center won't load though lol. New message, the anticipation!

Same problem here and the website is very slow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called Utah ..they are still reviewing apps for second round !!

The long awaited message in my eras box turned out to be a rejection. No drinks for you guys... No drinks at all

Lost on IV last week because the co-ordinator never received my ERAS reply and send IV to their waiting list person the very next way...... WTF !!!!
Have requested the PD via email but not very hopeful about it ....

(Just needed to vent :mad:)

Just realized what happened. It wasn't PC s fault. I replied at wrong address. You are suppose to scroll down and read the whole message before replying. :bang:

There might be a cure for cancer but none for stupidity !!

Last edited:
Just realized what happened. It wasn't PC s fault. I replied at wrong address. You are suppose to scroll down and read the whole message before replying. :bang:

There might be a cure for cancer but none for stupidity !!
Feel sorry for you!

Congratulations!!

New York Medical College at Westchester today

Reactions: 1 users
can any1 list CCF interview dates/ UPMC dates
I'm trying to clear my schedule and hope for the best on the 2nd/ 3rd rounds

IV from Wash U and Virginia Coomonwealth. Bad luck as both have the same date for intervirew, no other dates available :(

IV from Wash U and Virginia Coomonwealth. Bad luck as both have the same date for intervirew, no other dates available :(

you should be happy to get 2 interviews this late in the season. one of them is actually a great interview. I don't think you have a very difficult decision to make

what do the senior posters think of Wash U vs Vandy vs Indy for a well-balanced training in solids. any big differences?

After cancelling an interview, do the PCs usually email back confirming a cancellation?

Wash U or Vandy. Indy is huge in lymphoma and ball cancer but not as broadly strong as Vandy and WashU.

Thanks. It also helps that both St. Louis and Nashville are much better cities to me than Indianapolis

Thanks. It also helps that both St. Louis and Nashville are much better cities to me than Indianapolis
They all suck pretty hard though.

NashVegas is at least interesting, and STL is cheap (if a little tear-gassy at the moment) and neither of them are Indiancrapolis, so they've got that going for them.

Reactions: 1 user
Nebraska Invite today.

These were the available interview dates:
Friday, October 10
Wednesday, October 15
Friday, October 24
Wednesday, October 28
Monday, November 3

Thoughts on brown vs Nebraska in regards to clinical training, lung, an clinical trials?

Thanks

GutOnc,

Since you have gone through the whole process already...do you have any recommendations on things to consider when looking at fellowship programs? Particularly, was there anything that you didn't think about when you were applying and interviewing, but became an important factor for quality of your training/happiness as a fellow.

Reactions: 2 users
Mayo-Arizona today. Only date is October 7 (Tuesday). Any thoughts on Mayo-Arizona?

CCF as well. date is extremely difficult for me. any thoughts on this versus Mayo?

Forum seniors ..what do you guys think about "second look' for programs one is really interested in. Do programs entertain that ?

Thanks gutonc ! Thoughts on u cincinatti vs UT San antonio ?
Depends on your interests. From a clinical perspective I don't think there's a whole lot to separate them. But UTHSCSA has one of the best Phase I clinical trial programs in the country so if that's an interest of yours you'd be well served to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.