Official 2014-2015 Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah same email from emory to eveyone I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Got same Email from Emory. Now that's interesting.
On ADTS it doesn't say that they downloaded my application.
However thay say in the email that they have our application in their office!
I know it's rediculous and paying too much attention to minute details but I thought the ones that aren't blue didn't download our application yet.
Now I know, not gonna look at that ADTS anymore since it doesn't matter!!
good luck everybody

AMG applying for H/O here. I am a long-time lurker so it's nice to see some of the same names that had sage advice when I was applying to residency.

I submitted by application on July 15th but I realized on Friday that my medical school had not uploaded my Med school transcripts. They had uploaded the MSPE as requested but not the transcript. I went into the ADTS and saw that all but 1 program had downloaded my information and the med school transcripts section said "not available to upload in ERAS post office". I almost had a minor stroke seeing that but after I calmed down, I called my med school, re-requested the transcript and they actually got it uploaded to MIDUS within the end of the day. My ADTS still says "not available to uploade in ERAS post-office" and I'm assuming that's because it takes 2-5 days (as listed) for documents to transfer from MIDUS to ERAS post-office.

My question is as follows: Should I just hold out and hope that the programs will download my transcript or should I email ALL the programs (20) I applied to and inform them that the transcript is now available for download (once it says so in ERAS) and apologize for the inconvenience caused?

I know it's kinda silly since my USMLE transcripts, MSPE letter, LORs, personal statement, CV, etc are all in and the med school transcript likely hardly matters but the fact that it is left out can come off as an unnecessary red flag when the review committee goes over my application.

Thank you in advance for your help and good luck to everyone applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I know, programs continue to download updates since a lot of people don't even have all the required LoRs when they apply and may continue to add documents just like you have. Not all programs require your transcript anyway, so IMO, you needn't inform them, they should automatically be able to download them. Good Luck.

What does everyone think of the new us news rankings?

What does everyone think of the new us news rankings?

I was told not to rely on the US news ranking for anything related to residency or fellowship application. It might be more helpful for patients than for trainees. It takes a lot of things into consideration, very few of them are important to us as fellowship applicants. This is a ranking of institutions rather than fellowship programs. While the general theme applies and their top-ranked institutions often have top-notch fellowship programs, things get confusing when you continue scrolling down and they stop making sense. Bottom line, I wouldn't waste too much time trying to narrow down my list of fellowship programs (or rank list in the future) based on the US news ranking.

Reactions: 1 user
What is this "blue" and "purple" stuff? There are no colors on my ADTS, everything is in black. I've opened it in IE, FireFox, and Chrome so it isn't the browser.

I think everyone is seeing something different and I don't think it's relevant. Don't worry about it though.

Congrats Snips McCool, would you mind posting your credentials and what day you applied..
All the best..

AMG, top third residency program, USMLE > 240, no first author pubs but a few middle author, applied 7/15.

Members don't see this ad :)
Two invites... University of Michigan, Moffitt. FMG, good credentials overall, but mainly a strong commitment to academic medicine.

First DENIAL. I'd rather programs not send out denials, it is quite depressing.

First DENIAL. I'd rather programs not send out denials, it is quite depressing.

Does anyone know about LORs that the authors uploaded but forgot to sign? I got an email from a program saying one of my LORs wasn't signed and that I have to get my letter writer to upload it again. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I going to have to email every program to let them know I uploaded another one? Not to mention it won't let me upload another one if I have already uploaded 4. Damn it!

new people with invites , please do post ur credentials , congrats !! and thanks Snips McCool

Interview List
BIDMC: 07/18
Moffit/USF: 07/18
Michigan: 07/18

So who else is kind of tachycardic since they are 0/3 today? :oops:

AMGs from Mid Tier programs, how many places did you apply to? I applied to 41....

I didn't apply to either of those 3 programs so I'm not too freaked out yet!

Do you guys expect the number of applicants to increase or reduce this year?There was a fall from the last year to the previous looking at the trends. The number of positions has been increasing very slowly.

Which program sent you rejection if you don't mind asking?
UNC - immediate denial, which equals "you went to a Caribbean med school and are therefore screened out, do not have the rest of your application looked at, do not pass go, do not collect $200." No worries, 89 more programs to wait on.

Not really much for posting but I appreciate knowing what's going on with other people and programs so I may as well contribute my part

First interview for me: Virginia Commonwealth.

Because I anticipate the questions:
I'm an American grad at a mid tier academic university with one first author case report and a smattering of other book chapters and posters. Also doing a chief year

congratulations Jack_2

Interview List

Virginia Commonwealth: 07/22

Do you guys expect the number of applicants to increase or reduce this year?There was a fall from the last year to the previous looking at the trends. The number of positions has been increasing very slowly.
I don't think that there is any way to find out now. I think we can only wait and see the NRMP data to know the trend of applicant numbers.
Additionally, things on this forum can not be generalized by any mean. Sample is very small and can very well be skewed towards certain quality of applicants.
I saw last year very strong applicants who applied to so many programs and vice versa (not so strong applying to small number).
You can't tell till everything settles down. Best of luck for everyone.

I don't think that there is any way to find out now. I think we can only wait and see the NRMP data to know the trend of applicant numbers.
Additionally, things on this forum can not be generalized by any mean. Sample is very small and can very well be skewed towards certain quality of applicants.
I saw last year very strong applicants who applied to so many programs and vice versa (not so strong applying to small number).
You can't tell till everything settles down. Best of luck for everyone.

Well said...

Reactions: 1 user
IMG, US permanent resident, University program for residency; applied to 65 programs...

Good luck everyone!

While I applied to 41, I think 20 or so are a reach. My pd said to apply to 35 and interview at 10.

I applied to 47 ...over half of them are reaches considering my application... shooting for ~5 interviews including my home institution.

Emory is being annoying now!! The second acknowledgment.

Emory mail again. They must be pretty desirable I guess !!!

Haha I was so excited to finally hear something! Hopefully something this afternoon.

We got it Emory ... you have our applications ... Thank you! you better have something to say next time

Emory says: Ooooooooooooooooleeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (Spanish reference for bullfighting)

Interview List
Virginia Commonwealth: 07/22
University of Rochester: 7/23

Lol @ Emory! I applied to 51 which considering my history may be too low of a number. We'll see...

I have received interview invites to Michigan and Fox-Chase CC the past couple of days.

I do not think not getting another email means anything.

I am an IMG so I actually applied to over 100 programs, no interviews :/

Status
Not open for further replies.