Official 2014-2015 Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
think it means anything if we didn't get a second email from emory?

I agree that it doesn't mean anything. They probably haven't even started looking at applications yet if they plan to send invites mid-late Aug.

That being said, Emory is going to be tough this season. 2 out of their 5 spots are already taken through the PSTP. so all the applicants are fighting over 3 spots. I am sure that there are a few internal candidates as well who will have priority. We'll wait and see.

Members don't see this ad.

I have received interview invites to Michigan and Fox-Chase CC the past couple of days.
Hi Foxes_in_fiction.. congratulations on the invite! fox chase is big! all the best !!
If you dnt mind, Can you post your credentials please?

Just got an email invite to Vandy.

Interview List

BIDMC: 07/18
Moffit/USF: 07/18
Michigan: 07/18
Vanderbilt: 07/23
Virginia Commonwealth: 07/22
University of Rochester: 7/23

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats all. Not me 0/4....

I'm starting to think there is something negative in my LORs.

Congrats all. Not me 0/4....

I'm starting to think there is something negative in my LORs.

I know it's annoying but I wouldn't overthink it. Most programs send invites in batches overtime... it's still too early ... looks like the bulk of invites last year were in the first 2 weeks of august.

I know it's annoying but I wouldn't overthink it. Most programs send invites in batches overtime... it's still too early ... looks like the bulk of invites last year were in the first 2 weeks of august.

Thanks. :) I think I'm stressed since a comparable applicant from my program last year interviewed at both vandy and usf. Usf was pretty high on my wish list. Oh well, 41 more programs to go (I added 4).

Congrats and good luck!

Yeah.. I received interviews in later batches at several "name" institutions so don't worry yet DVN!

Thanks. :) I think I'm stressed since a comparable applicant from my program last year interviewed at both vandy and usf. Usf was pretty high on my wish list. Oh well, 41 more programs to go (I added 4).

Congrats and good luck!
If you haven't been rejected then you're still in it. As with residency, this is an iterative process. And comparing yourself to others (this year or previous years) is a sure way to go completely bats*** crazy over the next 3 months.

Confirmation from uni Washington. Said they will send out interviews latest by 10th august

Reactions: 1 user
0/6...bat**** crazy is an understatement at this point. Do all programs send denial emails or is it just random?

thanks gutonc.
remember all we need is one good interview at a place of our choice :).

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been 10 days and UCLA has yet to retrieve my application even - must be a good sign! :yawn:

I have 5 programs that didn't yet retrieve my documents. I'm not gonna push it. They can take their time as long as they take a good look at my application.

First denial from UNC :/
Probably going to be followed by dozens more

Do you get the emails in your regular mail inbox or ERAS message cener

If you haven't been rejected then you're still in it. As with residency, this is an iterative process. And comparing yourself to others (this year or previous years) is a sure way to go completely bats*** crazy over the next 3 months.

Thanks for the reassurance Nivi and Gutonc! I definitely had a moment on insanity when thinking about the possiblty of being 0/45 lol. My current hope is that all these programs are giving the interviews out to the cream of the crop and waiting to see how many cancel to shell some out to us mortals.

Message from MD Anderson stating that application will be forwarded to faculty for review when 4th LOR becomes available.

Message from MD Anderson stating that application will be forwarded to faculty for review when 4th LOR becomes available.
Congrats! I would consider that as you are at least under waiting list....

New to forum. Mid tier med school. Mid tier residency. I submitted ~25 programs on 7/18 and only 4 have downloaded. Is something up?

AMG here, mid-tier academic program, 1 pub submitted with 2nd authorship, applied to 20 programs, hoping to interview at 8 or so...

Got 1 interview so far - VCU.

Love the profile pic! FuN-Nee

First invite from ECU!

Reactions: 1 users
To be honest, I don't know. Would like some input from anyone who does.

• Date/Time stamp - date and time the document was downloaded by the program
  • Not yet retrieved –document is available to the program, but the program has not yet contacted the PostOffice to receive it
  • Retrieved but not viewable until Oct 1st Release (MSPEs only) – indicates the program has received the MSPE but cannot view it until October 1st
  • Not uploaded to PostOffice – applies to all documents/files that have not been uploaded to the ERAS PostOffice
COPY AND PASTE FROM ERAS. IT IS NOT A BIG DEAL AND NO POINT OF TRACKING WHAT YOU CAN NOT CONTROL.

Congratulations! If you dnt mind, can you post your credentials please? Thanks!
IMG from university affiliated community program on J1 visa with a few poster presentations.

Congrats!

Last edited:
YES, it will be great if people can share how is ECU program?
Not to discourage you guys but just the facts...
I attended interview there last time, OK and small program- I would say mid-low tier. Mostly focused on community practice and most ended in that arena in the past. Solid onc given more importance. No transplant.
No visa support and the poor fellows are squished into a small and ugly call rooms. :nono: BTW the coordinator is nice but is like a residency coordinator whipping the fellows to finish the ACGME requirements on time :wacky:

I attended interview there last time, OK and small program- I would say mid-low tier. Mostly focused on community practice and most ended in that arena in the past. Solid onc given more importance. No transplant.
No visa support and the poor fellows are squished into a small and ugly call rooms. :nono: BTW the coordinator is nice but is like a residency coordinator whipping the fellows to finish the ACGME requirements on time :wacky:

Good to know. Thank you. I applied quite broadly because of the visa requirement. There wasn't much information available about the program.

Last edited:
Thank you very much.

got email asking to submit PTAL letter. Is PTAL necessary for medical license in CA before you start fellowship ?

anybody knows how big the program is at NCI? how many first year fellows? it's not on their website or Freida

Question about LORs. I have only submitted 3, one from PD and 2 from heme/onc attendings that I worked very closely with. Do you guys think I really need a 4th letter or I should be ok? Most places (except MD Anderson) wants 3 letters, but I started to worry that maybe I should get another one..

Question about LORs. I have only submitted 3, one from PD and 2 from heme/onc attendings that I worked very closely with. Do you guys think I really need a 4th letter or I should be ok? Most places (except MD Anderson) wants 3 letters, but I started to worry that maybe I should get another one..
If you know that only MDACC on your list that requires a fourth letter, then you are fine. But you need to make sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.