Official 2014-2015 ID Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet today...no invites anyone? Sorry ID aspirant no clue about your question but it does prompt one of mine. Does this mean some programs offer out of Match positions?
Some programs do offer prematch... But it's hard to believe that the programs like Washington u can offer prematch!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wayne State/Detroit Medical Center
William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/Wash Hosp Center
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop
UPMC Pittsburgh
Kentucky Lexington
U Penn
UNC
St Johns Detroit
Baylor
Utah
Emory
Cooper
UTMB Galveston

Good luck guys !
Hope this week brings more light into our lives =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Because the program is listed under the hospital name: Barnes Jewish Hospital. And yes, some programs do offer prematch, but not Wash U.

Hi guys
Whats d average number of programs u ppl r applying to ?

Bumping this. I applied to 15. 2 invites so far. Now thinking I should probably add more. I am somewhat geographically restricted though.

Summary thus far

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/Wash Hosp Center 7/23
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland 7/30
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop
UPMC Pittsburgh
Kentucky Lexington
U Penn
UNC
St Johns Detroit
Baylor
Utah
Emory
Cooper
UTMB Galveston
Colorado 8/5
Boston U 8/5
Wake Forest 8/5

PS: Adding dates of invites that I know. Also can we maybe post rejections too? Haven't heard from any other programs so far. It's probably still early right? :)

Guys,
those of you who heard from Maryland .. how long does the pror coordinator take to get back in regards with the scheduling process ?
Its been 2 business days for me, haven't heard back ! Should I email her/call her ?
thanks

Guys,
those of you who heard from Maryland .. how long does the pror coordinator take to get back in regards with the scheduling process ?
Its been 2 business days for me, haven't heard back ! Should I email her/call her ?
thanks

Quite the coincidence. Was wondering the same cos I hadn't heard back too. So tonight I went back and double checked that I indeed email a response, only to discover I had replied directly to the email versus using the email referenced in the message body. I don't know if you did same but if so, try using the other email and then probably plan on calling afterwards if no response still.

American medical grad, but J1 fellowship applicant. This is my first day here so may be redundant:
1. UPMC 7/31
2. Emory 7/31
3. UPenn 08/01
4. SLU 08/01 (phone interview - completed, and was told formal interview date to follow)
5. Wash U 08/06

Has anyone heard from Case, CCF, OSU, Univ of W Seattle, MGH or Beth Israel Deaconess, John Hopkins, NIH, University of Chicago or Northwestern?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard yet .. still waiting ..
Good luck guys =)

@ mamagir
I emailed both the addresses - no response; I guess I'll call on Friday if there's still no reply...
Sometimes they wait for the attending of your choice to schedule interviews and check their convenience .....
Have a nice day :)

Got an email from Tufts-Bay State for an interview. They said they are not participating in the match, and offered me a choice of 1 interview date. Any thoughts on the program?

American medical grad, but J1 fellowship applicant. This is my first day here so may be redundant:
1. UPMC 7/31
2. Emory 7/31
3. UPenn 08/01
4. SLU 08/01 (phone interview - completed, and was told formal interview date to follow)
5. Wash U 08/06
6. Georgetown 08/06

Has anyone heard from Case, CCF, OSU, Univ of W Seattle, MGH or Beth Israel Deaconess, John Hopkins, NIH, University of Chicago or Northwestern?

Penn state (Hershey) 8/6.
@ID Rules, no word from Hopkins yet. Don't know about the others. Congrats on your invites and welcome aboard.
@annamaria, yeah I ll be calling them too maybe tomorrow. Will keep u posted!

My first rejection today too from NIH :( guess I shouldn't be surprised since I don't have any major publications but still sucked to get a rejection

wow theres really some activity on the forum...so glad to see u guys !!
Heres what my prog director told me abt Georgetown @IDrules
"At Washington Hospital Center you will probably have more exposure to complex ID patients, than at Georgetown University hospital"
Have both of them merged with MedStar ??
I didnt apply to Washington Hospital Center...
I barely save any money in New York, cant imagine living in Washington DC!!

William Beaumont
Wisconsin
Indiana
Loyola
SLU
Wash U
UT San Antonio
UT Houston
Cincinnati
U Conn
Georgetown/Wash Hosp Center 7/23
Kansas
Allegheny Pittsburgh
Virginia Commonwealth
East Carolina
Rutgers
Duke
UNC
OHSU
U Wash
Nebraska
Iowa
Arkansas
AE Montefiore
UIC, chicago
Maryland 7/30
Baystate/Tufts
Winthrop
UPMC Pittsburgh
Kentucky Lexington
U Penn
UNC
St Johns Detroit
Baylor
Utah
Emory
Cooper
UTMB Galveston
Colorado
BU
Wake Forest
Penn State Hershey

MedStar owns both Washington hospital center (WHC) and Georgetown University Hospital. I have no personal experience with either but the WHC program is a community program affiliate of Georgetown while GUH is the main university program. Both have rotations at NIH and I get the feeling WHC is more clinical and GUH will probably have more opportunities for research.
@ IDrules you got invite from Georgetown "main" right? Waiting to hear from them. Thanks!

Hi, I have applied to nyc programs only, have not recieved any calls, has anyone got calls from these programs?

Cleveland Clinic and Wayne State Univ/Detroit Medical Center today

Last edited:
Hi guys, good luck!

PennState/Hershey 6
Baylor/Dallas 6
Ochsner 1
Albert Einstein philly 4

Hope it helps. Can anyone comment on this places? Any prior experience there? What have you guys heard?

I didn't apply to AE philly ; hear its a very busy hospital ... My attending worked there a few yrs ago .....

Have any of you heard from California programs yet ?

@annamaria Sorry didn't apply to the west coast programs except Univ of Wash Seattle (still waiting)

Univ. of Cincinatti today

Anyone hear from Hopkins, Univ Hospitals Case Western, MGH or Univ of Washington Seattle?

Last edited:
not yet from Hopkins or MGH, didn't apply to the others.

First time user here, although I love my cat, I got an interview at one my east coast favorites, and just wanted to say how excited I am. I had considered endocrine when my cat got hyperthyroidism and received radioactive iodine, but ID really took the lead in the past year when I took a trip to Ghana and witnessed the disparities present there. Also they eat cats! absurd

All in the past 2 weeks:
-NYU
-Yale
-Mt. Sinai
-AE/Montefiore
-NY Hospital of Queens
-Drexel
-Temple
-Cooper
-Rutgers

Weeks summary :