Official 2014-2015 Season Post Interview Waiting-To-Hear-Back Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel you guys: 1 wait list, 2 deferments, 3 post ii decisions and 3 ii in January. Hoping to resolve this by finals week, but its looking slim

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone! Hang in there! I want to let you all know that your time will come! I was fortunate to have a good amount of IIs like a lot of you. Just wanted to let you all know that I was waitlisted by 2 schools before the 3rd one was the charm so I understand what it is like to feel like the worst could happen. I hope that you all get accepted before Christmas or at least in January! Rooting for all of you:clap::biglove::)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waiting for 2-3 months post-interview. Wish they would tell me something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@FriendlyFH - I have no idea why you need more validation and are neurotic when you've got interviews at every frickin top tier and already got in somewhere. take a chill pill or keep your neuroticism and obnoxious gloating to yourself. Your school threads posts are a showcase in attention-whoring validating-seeking and gloating. Put a sock in it.

@FriendlyFH - I have no idea why you need more validation and are neurotic when you've got interviews at every frickin top tier and already got in somewhere. take a chill pill or keep your neuroticism and obnoxious gloating to yourself. Your school threads posts are a showcase in attention-whoring validating-seeking and gloating. Put a sock in it.
Hey mods, I'm sorry for tagging all of you, but please stop this user from attacking anyone else. It's disrupting the thread.
@Bacchus
@Caesar
@Ismet
@JJMrK
@Narmerguy
@QofQuimica
@Tots
@gettheleadout
@ksmi117
@mmmcdowe
@sector9
@tantacles
@wholeheartedly

I admit that I can be a bit obnoxious on the school threads. No one is talking but me. Which is why I turned to here. I don't think I'm neurotic though. I did got into a school that I'll have no problem of going even if the season ends right now right here. I'm just very excited for more good news and possibility a better financial future during med school since I will and have been entirely on my own.

I found a song, for everyone who's waiting. What are you waiting for?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I finished my interview season this past month. Was admitted to one of my top choices and completed interviews at the other schools that had been in my top 10 personal ranking of cool schools. I'm set until I hear back from my "dream" school in March. Of course, all the schools seem pretty dreamy to me, so I don't let myself get to attached to any one place.

As a non-trad, I will actually have next semester completely free! Doing some basic science research with a professor and doing a few part-time jobs + shadowing. I think I can find a way to pass the time until things start to feel real in late April.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been so fortunate to get some acceptances already, and I'm really grateful for that! But I'm hearing from a few of my top choices in the next few weeks to months, and I'm getting really nervous about it. I'm such a planner, so having zero idea where I'm headed next year is driving me a bit nuts! But it's a good lesson in patience :)

Again, I'm so thankful I at least know I'm going somewhere. My thoughts with everyone still waiting -- I really hope you all get good news this holiday season!!

Reactions: 10 users
I've been so fortunate to get some acceptances already, and I'm really grateful for that! But I'm hearing from a few of my top choices in the next few weeks to months, and I'm getting really nervous about it. I'm such a planner, so having zero idea where I'm headed next year is driving me a bit nuts! But it's a good lesson in patience :)

Again, I'm so thankful I at least know I'm going somewhere. My thoughts with everyone still waiting -- I really hope you all get good news this holiday season!!

I'm waiting for a call from one of the same schools, I believe. :)
(I don't think my interviews there actually went particularly well, though. :( )

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting for a call from the same school, I believe. :)
(I don't think my interviews there actually went particularly well, though. :( )

Me neither :( one of my faculty interviewers asked why my MCAT score was so low. The other two interviews were fine but I'm not sure if they will altogether net enough positivity to warrant an acceptance (especially considering my admittedly low stats considering their average). I really hope you hear good things though!!!

Me neither :( one of my faculty interviewers asked why my MCAT score was so low. The other two interviews were fine but I'm not sure if they will altogether net enough positivity to warrant an acceptance (especially considering my admittedly low stats considering their average). I really hope you hear good things though!!!

I had two rather uncomfortable faculty interviews. Many of my responses that elsewhere lead to great discussion topics were met with only a quick scribble on the interviewer's clipboard. Perhaps we did fine and everyone felt the same somber, critical tone!

I had two rather uncomfortable faculty interviews. Many of my responses that elsewhere lead to great discussion topics were met with only a quick scribble on the interviewer's clipboard. Perhaps we did fine and everyone felt the same somber, critical tone!

Oh that's so strange! I didn't have that so much -- that would be really difficult. I'm crossing my fingers for us regardless :)

Waiting on 5 decisions. Being in Texas and having no prematches yet is terrifying because it means I probably have to wait till February 2nd to find out.

why didn't I know about this thread?! I think the school-specific crowds are starting to hate me also hahaha

I've only been accepted to one DO program so far, which I admittedly didn't love much on my interview day. been on 5 other interviews, and have 7 more planned between January and February. I've loved all of the MD schools I've been to, and have a few dream schools coming in the new year. will be able to die happy if any of them takes me! hopefully very soon for all of us waiting

Reactions: 6 users
Potentially hearing back from one or two schools in a week's time. The wait is killer!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm on 2 wait lists, I'm waiting to hear back from 4 schools post interview, and my last 3 interviews are all a month from now within a 2 week time frame.

I have no experience with these sorts of applications (I just did early decision to get into college), so this is all totally new to me. As it turns out, I really don't like being wait listed and have no patience. :unsure:

Good luck to everyone else in this thread! May the odds be ever in our favor.

I'm on 2 wait lists, I'm waiting to hear back from 4 schools post interview, and my last 3 interviews are all a month from now within a 2 week time frame.

I have no experience with these sorts of applications (I just did early decision to get into college), so this is all totally new to me. As it turns out, I really don't like being wait listed and have no patience. :unsure:

Good luck to everyone else in this thread! May the odds be ever in our favor.
+1 to having no patience hahaha

5 schools left to hear back from. 2 of which are my top choices. Oh March...it's so far away!

5 schools left to hear back from. 2 of which are my top choices. Oh March...it's so far away!
Just found this thread!

I'm having a hard time waiting too! =\ I'm waiting on 5 responses, and I have one more interview in like a few days.

Just found this thread!

I'm having a hard time waiting too! =\ I'm waiting on 5 responses, and I have one more interview in like a few days.
+1 just found this thread!

2 decisions released non-rolling and 2 decisions released very slowly until later on in the cycle. Grateful to have one acceptance though, but yes, the wait is killer! This process has been such a ride.

I have three... maybe four schools that I'll be hearing back from this month, including two that were stratospherically out of my league (and which have been tugging at my heartstrings).

Don't get me wrong; I'm stupidly lucky to be accepted to some of my top choices already. I just like to plan out things months in advance, and not knowing what my living/financial situation will look like is making me uneasy. In the grand scheme these are all silly, trivial problems... but my brain is having a hard time letting this go.

Ugh, and those March decisions. *shakes fist* Cornell is going to be a particularly hard wait for me. And with finaid packages not being released until (probably?) April, I'm afraid my decision is going to have to be made without very much time to mull things over.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I'm hoping with all my heart that you get an outright acceptance!

I'm sure in March will come hard choices for many. Anyone care to discuss their experiences/impressions from schools you've interviewed at? What are your top choices and why?

I have three... maybe four schools that I'll be hearing back from this month, including two that were stratospherically out of my league (and which have been tugging at my heartstrings).

Don't get me wrong; I'm stupidly lucky to be accepted to some of my top choices already. I just like to plan out things months in advance, and not knowing what my living/financial situation will look like is making me uneasy. In the grand scheme these are all silly, trivial problems... but my brain is having a hard time letting this go.

Ugh, and those March decisions. *shakes fist* Cornell is going to be a particularly hard wait for me. And with finaid packages not being released until (probably?) April, I'm afraid my decision is going to have to be made without very much time to mull things over.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I'm hoping with all my heart that you get an outright acceptance!

I'm so so so so hoping (and expecting!) for you to get great news from those two schools you're talking about. Do you think they will release this week? Maybe next week?

Ahhh thank you SO much. I'd be shocked but beyond elated.

I'm so so so so hoping (and expecting!) for you to get great news from those two schools you're talking about. Do you think they will release this week? Maybe next week?

Ahhh thank you SO much. I'd be shocked but beyond elated.
Thank you! I have no idea as far as UCSF goes. :( I wouldn't be surprised if decisions came out in January. Oddly enough, I think Vandy and Hopkins will be due around the same day (the 15th?). I'm fully expecting a rejection from JHU given my interview, so I'd be over the moon if I got waitlisted haha. Good luck to all those folks waiting on these schools as well! @Person0715 I saw how much you liked Vandy and I'm hoping they reciprocate! :luck:

I've got my fingers crossed for you, Sunflower! If anyone deserves a CCLCM acceptance, it's you!

@hellanutella, you've got an exciting week ahead of you! I hope you get some good news from Hopkins!

@FriendlyFH I just lost so much respect for you because you posted a nickelback song...

Try this instead:

I wonder what percentage of applicants hold an acceptance by this point.

I wonder what percentage of applicants hold an acceptance by this point.
I wonder what percentage of soon-to-be-matriculates have received acceptances yet
That would be interesting to know. If overall about 45% of applicants get accepted somewhere eventually, and now we are maybe 60% done with the interview cycle, my guess would be 25-30% of applicants with roughly 15-20% more of the remaining applicants receiving acceptances. Maybe, idk lol

That would be interesting to know. If overall about 45% of applicants get accepted somewhere eventually, and now we are maybe 60% done with the interview cycle, my guess would be 25-30% of applicants with roughly 15-20% more of the remaining applicants receiving acceptances. Maybe, idk lol
Right, but some schools will also hold off until spring to admit, and some eventual matriculants will do so off a waitlist. Just a curiosity, and a number that probably will never be known for sure

And another week of waiting begins! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Reactions: 8 users
@FriendlyFH I just lost so much respect for you because you posted a nickelback song...

Try this instead:

Trust me, I have no respect for myself when it comes to my taste in music. I didn't even know nickelback until yesterday I came cross it on my Fray Spotify station.

Last edited:
Interviewers who ask what you would do if you didn't get in... are they hinting at anything? :confused:

I wouldn't over think it. Some interviewers ask to see whether or not you're dedicated to pursuing medicine.

Interviewers who ask what you would do if you didn't get in... are they hinting at anything? :confused:
One of my interviewer asked this question right after he asked me "obviously you are going to have amazing choices, so why specifically us"

I think many interviewers, especially so late in the season, have a script or list of questions that they use to ask everyone, some may just be on autopilot after having conducted way too many interviewed in the past few months. I wouldn't worry about it.

I had four interviews in October.

so far I have 1 waitlist and 3 no decisions. It is going to be one long year.

In addition, I have four interviews coming up. I just wish I could get in somewhere (anywhere) to make this process less stressful.

I had four interviews in October.

so far I have 1 waitlist and 3 no decisions. It is going to be one long year.

In addition, I have four interviews coming up. I just wish I could get in somewhere (anywhere) to make this process less stressful.
We are exactly the same person

Hello Folks. Very grateful to have had four interviews so far. I interviewed fairly early on in the cycle and have been fortunate enough to receive two acceptances. I was however, waitlisted at one of my top choices and was rejected from one school. The past month has been painfully quiet. Hopefully, another of my top choices will throw an II my way.

The wait till March/April does seem pretty daunting, but I think it's important that us applicants with at least one acceptance should be very grateful to be in this position.

Anyone waiting on an acceptance, sending good vibes your way. Like @Goro says, patience is a virtue.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm expecting 4 decisions this week. One came through just now and 3 more to go! One of the 3 has been my dream school for so many years and I was rejected last time! Risk of sounding like a drama queen, I'm so full of expectations that I feel sick and dizzy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
After Wednesday I'll have 6 decisions pending and one more interview to go (with 2 WLs under my belt already).

I swear to goodness, I will blow if I won't hear good news soon - especially because my personal life's been rough lately. What a dazzlingly miserable end of the year !

4 interviews down, 3 WL's, one decision pending, and one interview coming up in January. I swear if I get wait listed a fourth time I will blow a gasket. Really not looking forward to seeing all of my relatives at Christmas and not having an answer for "so where are you going to med school?" over and over again!

After Wednesday I'll have 6 decisions pending and one more interview to go (with 2 WLs under my belt already).

I swear to goodness, I will blow if I won't hear good news soon - especially because my personal life's been rough lately. What a dazzlingly miserable end of the year !
Ugh. That doesn't sound like fun. I think the schools are indeed trying to roll out decision before Xmas. So hopefully you can let the holiday joyfulness warm up your heart along with some good news!

Last edited: