Official 2014-2015 Season Post Interview Waiting-To-Hear-Back Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys it's January now...still don't know for sure where I'd be moving to this coming Aug. I could be going to school 2 blocks away or the ones as far as across the continent...I don't even know if I should buy new sweaters...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Guys it's January now...still don't know for sure where I'd be moving to this coming Aug. I could be going to school 2 blocks away or the ones as far as across the continent...I don't even know if I should buy new sweaters...
Where's Wash U on your personal list?

Well wishes to everyone! Hope we all get into our first choices!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I'm right there with you @FriendlyFH. I'd be totally content going to one of the schools that I've been accepted at, but I still have five left to hear from -- four of which are at the very top of my preference list. So nervewracking to have no idea where we'll be starting school or living in 6-8 months... But it's exciting too! I just spend a significant amount of time poring through 2013-14 school specific threads for the schools I'm waiting on, trying to get a sense for when I can expect to hear back. Looks like there will be lots of waiting on the horizon for me, but I'm going to try and stay hopeful and enthusiastic and upbeat about it!

I hope everyone hears good news soon! :xf: :)

2 more to hear from and 4 more interviews to go. Without any acceptances in hand, I can only hope for the best.

Reactions: 4 users
Where's Wash U on your personal list?

It's one of those great great schools that I'd happily pack up and go without a trace of regret.

Yup, I'm right there with you @FriendlyFH. I'd be totally content going to one of the schools that I've been accepted at, but I still have five left to hear from -- four of which are at the very top of my preference list. So nervewracking to have no idea where we'll be starting school or living in 6-8 months... But it's exciting too! I just spend a significant amount of time poring through 2013-14 school specific threads for the schools I'm waiting on, trying to get a sense for when I can expect to hear back. Looks like there will be lots of waiting on the horizon for me, but I'm going to try and stay hopeful and enthusiastic and upbeat about it!

I hope everyone hears good news soon! :xf: :)

I kinda know exactly when I shall hear back, so now on one hand I'm wishing time can fly through faster, on the other I feel like the date of starting this busy new life is coming too soon and I have yet to learn Spanish, to travel, to read up on all the books by Will Durant carefully. I'm not saying my life is hard, there are worse problems in life than the ones we are having now.

rejected by UCSF... /dead :((((((((((((

I feel you on this. I was hoping to be able to get everything all planned out by around this time, but that's not going to be the case. I'm on three waitlists at my top 3 schools, so I probably won't be able to make a final decision until May at the absolute earliest. The waiting is painful, but just trying to stay busy in the meantime.

Hopefully all this waiting will be rewarded with good things for all of us.

Reactions: 1 users
Still haven't heard from any of the schools I've interviewed at, and I interviewed months ago. :help:

Long time lurker, but seriously guys... I've learned rereading 2013-2014 forums to scrutinize the posts for some sort of hidden pattern for medical school acceptances brings me some sort of joy. I really think March needs to hurry up.

Reactions: 7 users
Welp, I no longer have to wait for an acceptance as of today lololol. It'd be nice to hear back from all the rest, tho.

Reactions: 8 users
Welp, I no longer have to wait for an acceptance as of today lololol. It'd be nice to hear back from all the rest, tho.
Nice! Remote high five!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, if you accept an acceptance to a school but you're still on waitlists past the April 30th deadline, does that mean you should forget about the waitlist school because you can't hold more than one acceptance past that date?

Hey guys, if you accept an acceptance to a school but you're still on waitlists past the April 30th deadline, does that mean you should forget about the waitlist school because you can't hold more than one acceptance past that date?
Nope, you can hold one acceptance but still be on multiple waitlists. I've heard of people getting in off WLs in June or later.

Nope, you can hold one acceptance but still be on multiple waitlists. I've heard of people getting in off WLs in June or later.
So, correct me if I'm wrong. But let's say you get off a waitlist and get accepted, would you have to withdraw your acceptance to your first school before accepting the offer of the second school?

So, correct me if I'm wrong. But let's say you get off a waitlist and get accepted, would you have to withdraw your acceptance to your first school before accepting the offer of the second school?
That's a good question...

I think you can respond to the 2nd school first before notifying the 1st school. Can any adcoms chime in here? @gyngyn @LizzyM @Goro

Can it just be march already? I have had my state school acceptance since the beginning, so the pressure has not really there, but gosh I can't say i have been sitting comfortable... anxiety anyone?

I am waiting on three schools and any acceptance from those will give me a lot to think about. Mainly do I want to double my debt to go to schools which have arguably a better reputation and feel like a better fit (but really how do you know for sure).

Reactions: 2 users
Can it just be march already? I have had my state school acceptance since the beginning, so the pressure has not really there, but gosh I can't say i have been sitting comfortable... anxiety anyone?

I am waiting on three schools and any acceptance from those will give me a lot to think about. Mainly do I want to double my debt to go to schools which have arguably a better reputation and feel like a better fit (but really how do you know for sure).

Same situation exactly.

5 II's, two in mid December and the other two in the last two weeks. One more this coming week. My stats are below the 10 percent in each school but my overall experiences in both research and the medical field have earned me these interviews. I also believe being a URM and an IS applicant also helped. I am anxiously waiting for my first acceptance. This waiting game is unforgiving!!:eek:

Reactions: 5 users
5 II's, two in mid December and the other two in the last two weeks. One more this coming week. My stats are below the 10 percent in each school but my overall experiences in both research and the medical field have earned me these interviews. I also believe being a URM and an IS applicant also helped. I am anxiously waiting for my first acceptance. This waiting game is unforgiving!!:eek:
Good luck to you sir! Hope you get in soon! :)

I was talking to a friend about the stresses of waiting to hear back from different schools, and I told him that these next 7 weeks are going to be worse than the 20+ preceding them. He asked if it's really been that long, and I told him the process started in June.

"It has THAT LONG of a window? 9 months... babies are more expedient!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I had a good chuckle at it, I hope it helps others in this waiting game! Good luck to everyone :)

Reactions: 9 users
I was talking to a friend about the stresses of waiting to hear back from different schools, and I told him that these next 7 weeks are going to be worse than the 20+ preceding them. He asked if it's really been that long, and I told him the process started in June.

"It has THAT LONG of a window? 9 months... babies are more expedient!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I had a good chuckle at it, I hope it helps others in this waiting game! Good luck to everyone :)
So true. When I applied, people kept asking me where I'll be going in the fall. I was like...next fall...not....sure.........

Literally the worst thing ever just happened to me. Today was the day I was supposed to hear back from a certain school after my interview. After waiting for a call alllllll day and freaking out, I finally get the call. They call and obviously I'm expecting to be accepted. No, they tell me over the phone I am wait listed. This is my 4th waitlist, no acceptances. Honestly devastated right now.

Literally the worst thing ever just happened to me. Today was the day I was supposed to hear back from a certain school after my interview. After waiting for a call alllllll day and freaking out, I finally get the call. They call and obviously I'm expecting to be accepted. No, they tell me over the phone I am wait listed. This is my 4th waitlist, no acceptances. Honestly devastated right now.

im really sorry. I know how this feels all too well, as I haven't gotten an MD acceptance yet either. I keep telling myself the right one for me will come through eventually, just keep doing your best to be positive.

Reactions: 2 users
yuck. So sorry. That's just awful. Do you have more interviews coming up?

Nope it was my last one
A lot of schools have significant WL movements. At some schools, as many as 75% of the incoming class may come from WL. It's a long haul, don't give up!

I can't believe they would call for that. It's cruel. I'm sorry.

I think you can respond to the 2nd school first before notifying the 1st school. Can any adcoms chime in here? @gyngyn @LizzyM @Goro
Students may maintain a position on any waitlist until orientation starts at the school where they hold an acceptance.
A poaching school must notify the potential donor school of their intention to offer an acceptance off the waitlist in June. Early in poaching season (April and May) it is customary to give up to two weeks for the applicant to consider their alternative (and financial aid package) and the poacher is not obligated to notify the donor. After May the time for consideration shortens considerably.

Reactions: 7 users
Might be out of place in this thread but I had a question. my interviewer told me I have his full support, however, it has been 9 weeks and still no word. I know interview isn't everything but if the school wanted to invite me to an interview and I supposedly did very well Why wouldn't they get back to me sooner?

Might be out of place in this thread but I had a question. my interviewer told me I have his full support, however, it has been 9 weeks and still no word. I know interview isn't everything but if the school wanted to invite me to an interview and I supposedly did very well Why wouldn't they get back to me sooner?
His support is good but insufficient to affect the duration of consideration.
The process involves many opinions and takes a variable amount of time.
No single individual will determine the outcome.

Connecting with the sentiment of this thread prompted me to emerge from the shadows of lurker-ville. Good luck to you all!

Connecting with the sentiment of this thread prompted me to emerge from the shadows of lurker-ville. Good luck to you all!
Your MDapps...you only applied to top places?? You must be a rockstar/superstar!

Students may maintain a position on any waitlist until orientation starts at the school where they hold an acceptance.
A poaching school must notify the potential donor school of their intention to offer an acceptance off the waitlist in June. Early in poaching season (April and May) it is customary to give up to two weeks for the applicant to consider their alternative (and financial aid package) and the poacher is not obligated to notify the donor. After May the time for consideration shortens considerably.
The notification is out of respect right? There won't be a situation where the donor schools says no to the poacher and the applicant will not know about the poaching or will not be able to accept?

Khalifa, my MDapps is still "under construction" so I still need to add a couple of schools. Not sure about rockstar, but I am indeed glad to have been fortunate so far this cycle. thanks for the gesture!

Khalifa, my MDapps is still "under construction" so I still need to add a couple of schools. Not sure about rockstar, but I am indeed glad to have been fortunate so far this cycle. thanks for the gesture!
I still think you're one of the cream of the crop this application year. You know that most applicants have to apply very broadly in terms of location and "tier" for medical school just to have a chance of getting in somewhere. I didn't see any mid-lower tier schools on your list, so that's why I thought you were amazing since only the best of the best or someone with huge balls would pull off something like that.

The notification is out of respect right? There won't be a situation where the donor schools says no to the poacher and the applicant will not know about the poaching or will not be able to accept?
No, it's a traffic rule. The donor can't stop poaching but might be able to point out some other reason that the student is not available (like orientation has started) that the poacher missed.

No, it's a traffic rule. The donor can't stop poaching but might be able to point out some other reason that the student is not available (like orientation has started) that the poacher missed.
Thanks for the clarification.

This wait... :annoyed:

I need to find a new hobby to take my mind off my upcoming decisions lol!

Reactions: 5 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a journey! :)

Reactions: 15 users
@miamiheatfan Indeed my friend...indeed ahahah. I was at work, and all my co-workers jumped up and had a mini-celebration session lol.

JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO MEDICAL SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a journey! :)
You must be so relieved and so happy! I'm happy for you too! Welcome aboard!