Official 2014-2015 Season Post Interview Waiting-To-Hear-Back Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I should FINALLY be done with this manuscript revision tonight. It has consumed my being for the last two weeks and left me with little to no energy with which to be neurotic.

Tomorrow morning that all changes.

FML.

lmao fml is right. I'm working 48 hours a week right now and every moment I'm not busy actually just sucks hahaha. can anyone just shoot me? please? pretty please?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
lmao fml is right. I'm working 48 hours a week right now and every moment I'm not busy actually just sucks hahaha. can anyone just shoot me? please? pretty please?

I probably logged in the realm of 80ish hrs a week for the last 2 weeks.

I guess I can always start writing another paper... My attendings have so many ideas so I guess I can play gopher...They're actually two more of them I actually want to knock out.

Or maybe I can start being social and dating again. Nah...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
These are my hopes and dreams running to try to make it out the other side:

iLoDJ9I.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I need some advice. I am currently waitlisted at Northwestern and Vanderbilt and accepted into Georgetown, Emory, and USC. Currently my top choice out of the 3 where I have been accepted is Georgetown. When it comes to all of them, I still would love to be accepted into Northwestern because of their global health program and then the opportunity to do an MD/MBA at Kellogg is also really appealing to me.

For now, should I just send Northwestern an update letter and then wait until some more decisions come from some of the other schools I am waiting on? I plan to send information bout my last semester's grades as well as an update on a research project and a poster I will be presenting at ASBMB. I will also tell them why I loved their school.

I am going to Georgetown's 2nd look on the 24th and I am thinking after I spend the weekend in DC, I will know that Northwestern is my top choice if it is still on my mind. Then I plan to send a LOI.

An LOI right now would be too early no? I read the majority of the banter about the effectiveness of LOI's earlier but I just want to hear what someone else would do in my situation.

I need some advice.

First, congrats on your acceptances! Those are pretty sweet options.

Unless you think Northwestern is releasing a batch of acceptances in the next couple of weeks, I would probably hold off and submit 1 letter combining the update with the letter of intent.

Reactions: 1 user
I need some advice. I am currently waitlisted at Northwestern and Vanderbilt and accepted into Georgetown, Emory, and USC. Currently my top choice out of the 3 where I have been accepted is Georgetown. When it comes to all of them, I still would love to be accepted into Northwestern because of their global health program and then the opportunity to do an MD/MBA at Kellogg is also really appealing to me.

For now, should I just send Northwestern an update letter and then wait until some more decisions come from some of the other schools I am waiting on? I plan to send information bout my last semester's grades as well as an update on a research project and a poster I will be presenting at ASBMB. I will also tell them why I loved their school.

I am going to Georgetown's 2nd look on the 24th and I am thinking after I spend the weekend in DC, I will know that Northwestern is my top choice if it is still on my mind. Then I plan to send a LOI.

An LOI right now would be too early no? I read the majority of the banter about the effectiveness of LOI's earlier but I just want to hear what someone else would do in my situation.
I'm in a similar situation with different schools, I waited to find out another decision before I decided to sent a combined LOI/update, I think it's probably the right choice for me.

First, congrats on your acceptances! Those are pretty sweet options.

Unless you think Northwestern is releasing a batch of acceptances in the next couple of weeks, I would probably hold off and submit 1 letter combining the update with the letter of intent.

Thank you @Cubsfan15 and @jsquared91. Yeah see, I seem to want to wait too but I also don't want it to come too late. Is waiting until April 30th too late?

I feel as if I should be active now. I have a big batch up of updates including 2 jobs, a research grant funding my trip to the Peruvian Amazon, inductions to PBK and Tau Beta Pi, and my last semesters grades.

I am just nervous about making all the "right" moves. I would really like to end up in Chicago or have a chance and I don't want my application to sink to the bottom. I don't want silence to seem like disinterest because I am very interested.

I probably logged in the realm of 80ish hrs a week for the last 2 weeks.

I guess I can always start writing another paper... My attendings have so many ideas so I guess I can play gopher...They're actually two more of them I actually want to knock out.

Or maybe I can start being social and dating again. Nah...

I logged in 48 hrs of watching breaking bad in the last 9-10 days. Life is hard.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm in a similar situation with different schools, I waited to find out another decision before I decided to sent a combined LOI/update, I think it's probably the right choice for me.

Do you feel like you know what your top-choice is? I'm kind of mad at myself that I can't decide a top choice, but financials could tilt things a little bit as well!

Thank you @Cubsfan15 and @jsquared91. Yeah see, I seem to want to wait too but I also don't want it to come too late. Is waiting until April 30th too late?

I feel as if I should be active now. I have a big batch up of updates including 2 jobs, a research grant funding my trip to the Peruvian Amazon, inductions to PBK and Tau Beta Pi, and my last semesters grades.

I am just nervous about making all the "right" moves. I would really like to end up in Chicago or have a chance and I don't want my application to sink to the bottom. I don't want silence to seem like disinterest because I am very interested.

I'm not planning on waiting that long, I just waited a couple of weeks until I had my decision from my final interview. I'll probably send an update/LOI this week or next. I agree though, waiting for too long might be a mistake, but it's purely speculation. It might depend on if the school has WL movement before April 30 or not?

Do you feel like you know what your top-choice is? I'm kind of mad at myself that I can't decide a top choice, but financials could tilt things a little bit as well!

Not for sure yet either here. I could see myself being happy at any of the place I've been lucky enough to be accepted at but I'm really leaning toward two. I'm also waiting on finances and working through my options with my fiance.

literally every time i hear my phone ring, my heart drops and i immediately stop everything i'm doing to check it. and then be disappointed because it's just Dominos emailing me some pizza deals. which isn't a bad idea right now...

lol i can't wait for this neuroticism to cease. ahhhhh.

and the snow. THE SNOW.

end rant.

Reactions: 1 users
i got interviewed for an Australian university and am still waiting to hear back from them. But I'm taking the MCAT in May, they said they would make a decision on my application once they receive my MCAT scores which isn't till June of this year! Do you think I would get some sort of feedback in the next couple of weeks just based on the interview ?

This has been such a weird cycle. I need advice guys.

Currently wait listed at NYU, Case Western, Emory, UVA, Wake Forest. Accepted at 1 place. Waiting on 1 place. (Anticipated wait list)

Did you guys start sending stuff in to your wait listed schools? Do you know if grades should be included in such update letters?

Did you guys start sending stuff in to your wait listed schools? Do you know if grades should be included in such update letters?
From advice of a friend who was pulled off waitlist last year (and an AdCom at that one school), I sent one letter of continued interest shortly after accepting the waitlist offer. Planning on sending another letter the week before the re-reviewing starts (unranked waiting list).

I'm non trad, so no grades for me, but I think SDN suggestion is to not mention grades if they aren't going to be to your benefit.