Official 2014 Post-Interview Communication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linkin06

We are all witnesses.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've gotten an email from ccf.

Members don't see this ad.

got that too, im guessing they sent it to a lot of people (if not everyone)

Members don't see this ad :)
CCF, did everybody get that email?

Looks like it. I got one. Well, this is awkward, we are all favorably ranked.

me too ccf, well I feel less special. Is a response necessary?

Got the email from CCF as well. Glad to know we are all in a "very favorable position" lol. Desperate much? Just put on an interview day where you don't feel like cattle in the stock yard and read my damn application in advance and you can save all the love letters. For all the resources they have they should not need to recruit so heavily. Anyone else agree?

That's funny. Any post-interview communication from the the NYC/NJ programs?

Got the email from CCF as well. Glad to know we are all in a "very favorable position" lol. Desperate much? Just put on an interview day where you don't feel like cattle in the stock yard and read my damn application in advance and you can save all the love letters. For all the resources they have they should not need to recruit so heavily. Anyone else agree?

This is exactly what I was thinking. After 14 interviews, CCF was dead last for me because of how they conducted the interview day. It was a total clusterfvck and nobody had even read my app. It's really too bad because I'm sure the training is excellent.

Everyone gets the chair email from stanford? Then a call earlier this week (more selective?)

letters from MGH, most generic except for the hand written one after the interview from one of the interviewers which im guessing everyone gets as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else get a handwritten postcard from the chairman from Northwestern?

Everyone gets the chair email from stanford? Then a call earlier this week (more selective?)

letters from MGH, most generic except for the hand written one after the interview from one of the interviewers which im guessing everyone gets as well.

I also got a handwritten card from MGH within a couple weeks of the interview, as well as a holiday e-mail from the department. Duke was great, the PD sent me a few articles on things he had worked on. Crickets from Stanford, though, you must be one of the special ones.

UCLA letter a few weeks after interview, looks like everyone gets them.

anyone else get a handwritten postcard from the chairman from Northwestern?

Yep, along with a "personalized" email. Heard everyone gets one... did make me feel special for a second, though.

Anyone hear from Ohio, U Chicago, or UCLA?

Got the same CCF message most, if not all people did. Generic NW message a few days ago. Snail mail UChicago shortly after interview saying something about "ranking accordingly" (whatever that means), and hand written note from MGH. Nothing from UCLA or Stanford :( Hoping to get some more in the coming weeks.

Anyone hear from Ohio, U Chicago, or UCLA?

I think everyone.. at least at my school got a generic letter from UCLA saying just "keep in touch" and "please consider us highly" but said nothing about ranking. Snail mail

Has anyone heard anything from Brigham? In the recent past they've been known to call their rank list.

Anybody hear anything from the NYC programs (Sinai, SLR, Downstate)?

Last edited:
UVa sent out snail mail- Got one from the chair and a generic one from the PD. Also got an email from Buffalo. And a handwritten card right after my interview at MGH. Another handwritten card from the PD of UMKC. Anybody hear from Wash U/Cornell?

personalized email from NU that everyone I've talked to received, also personalized letter from UofC chairman - not sure if everyone receives this one

maryland inviting me to schedule a second look though it's is ONLY for my use but it required a letter.

Thanks! :)

On a similar note, has anyone hear from UCSF, BIDMC, Columbia or Hopkins?

Heard recently from Columbia that I'm ranked to match. No scramble for me, I'm going to be a real doctor! Probably!

For UCSF, anyone know how to send them my Step 2 results without just releasing them to all programs in ERAS?

Heard recently from Columbia that I'm ranked to match. No scramble for me, I'm going to be a real doctor! Probably!

For UCSF, anyone know how to send them my Step 2 results without just releasing them to all programs in ERAS?

It is all or nothing unfortunately.

I wonder if you can just send them a copy of your score report.. I don't know if that's acceptable, but if you want to send it ONLY to them, I guess it'll work.

Why selectively send anything? Why not send it to all?

I'm probably just being silly, but I had an above-average Step 1 and a stone-cold average Step 2. Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot at the last second.

I'm probably just being silly, but I had an above-average Step 1 and a stone-cold average Step 2. Just don't want to shoot myself in the foot at the last second.

At least you passed... I say release it. But if you feel uncomfortable then perhaps sending them a score report would be good enough? Otherwise wait til the last minute and then release - I think a lot of programs are finalizing their lists now and won't make a change just based off a mediocre step 2.

If your Step 2 was only average, why would you even consider sending it to UCSF? Did they ask for it? Seems like if it's worse than your Step 1, it would only hurt you if ANY program saw it at this point.

If your Step 2 was only average, why would you even consider sending it to UCSF? Did they ask for it? Seems like if it's worse than your Step 1, it would only hurt you if ANY program saw it at this point.

It is well known that UCSF requires Step 2CK/CS score reports for applicants to be ranked.

It is well known that UCSF requires Step 2CK/CS score reports for applicants to be ranked.
OK. Not well known to me. Didn't apply to anywhere in that part of the country. Good luck!