Official 2014 UC Post-Bacc Consortium Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone still wait listed at ucsd? I just gave up my spot, hope they are able to get someone off of the list to fill it.

Members don't see this ad.

Also who has already committed to UCSF? I immediately committed and am excited to start! I go directly from my undergrad graduation day to class at UCSF the next day. Wish there was a little break but I'm not complaining.

Reactions: 1 users
Also who has already committed to UCSF? I immediately committed and am excited to start! I go directly from my undergrad graduation day to class at UCSF the next day. Wish there was a little break but I'm not complaining.

Haha. Couldn't work out much better, eh? LOL. Congrats, though!

Were you able to get your finances situated?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha. Couldn't work out much better, eh? LOL. Congrats, though!

Were you able to get your finances situated?
Yes thank goodness,, this program has graduate certificate status so fafsa, stipends, scholarships, and federal loans should cover everything :)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from UCR? I interviewed with UCD earlier this month, but it seems that those who have been admitted heard back right after interviewing. Thanks! :)

Hello - I was interviewed and accepted @ UCSF for the medicine post-bacc!
I read through some of the threads and I am excited to work with the UCSF bound folks!
Best of luck everyone!

Yes thank goodness,, this program has graduate certificate status so fafsa, stipends, scholarships, and federal loans should cover everything :)

Wow! Good to hear it blossomed into something MUCH better. Things ALWAYS work out much better in the end.

As for me, I still don't have any idea what is up for the next year. I haven't had much luck with the consortium, but I'm positive something will work out for me as well. I'm just putting things in a wonderful perspective and making this process a learning experience. Have a wonderful time at UCSF!

Hi guys!!! First of all, I just want to say congrats to those who have been accepted to a post-bacc program! You are one step closer to your dream of becoming a physician! For those who are still waiting, do not be discouraged. I know it's difficult to stay hopeful but trust me when I say it is not too late yet! I'm a current UCD Post-bacc student. I went through the interview process last year early June. So, believe me when I say there's still time. For those who have already interviewed with UCD, remain patient. They make sure to review each applicant carefully. When I went through it last year, I didn't get my acceptance until a week later. Someone in our cohort did not hear back until August. So keep your fingers crossed and good luck =)

Accepted to UCSF post bacc, and unless I get off a waitlist, I'll be joining the program this fall

You are not the only one. I wonder what they didn't like about my application (simply, aside from "everything"). LOL.

Haha I ask myself that question on the daily. I think it is because my MCAT was super low, but some word (any word) would be nice. I would like some closure either way.

I ended up choosing UCI. It was really hard declining UCSF, but I make myself feel better by hoping I go there for med school. I decided mostly on MCAT, financials and for some reason I feel that I will get more support at UCI.
Is anyone else here going to UCI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing the information everyone! Just got my UCD rejection as well :(

I propose we move on and use this rejection as a learning experience, there's always next year to apply and who knows what the remainder of this year holds, right? ;) My plan B is to take the MCAT and kick its a$$! Good luck to the rest of you in the consortium!

Acceptance to UCD! I also have acceptances to UCSF and UCSD. Already declined UCSD due to financial reasons. I am pretty set on UCSF so I think I might decline my UCD acceptance. Any thoughts? The only thing I prefer at Davis is that I would have a full year to study for the MCAT and I'd have this summer free after graduation. Other than that all signs point to SF. Any thoughts pros/cons would be welcomed.

Acceptance to UCD! I also have acceptances to UCSF and UCSD. Already declined UCSD due to financial reasons. I am pretty set on UCSF so I think I might decline my UCD acceptance. Any thoughts? The only thing I prefer at Davis is that I would have a full year to study for the MCAT and I'd have this summer free after graduation. Other than that all signs point to SF. Any thoughts pros/cons would be welcomed.

Congrats! I was actually accepted into UCSF earlier today!! So far I've been accepted into Davis and UCSF but I may end up declining both because I was also accepted into an east coast program that allows me to potentially skip the glide year. Between UCSF and UCD I think they are both very strong programs. If I were you however I would probably lean towards UCSF because of the graduate certificate granting status as well as being a smaller cohort. Best of luck, I'm sure you will do amazingly in whichever program you choose!

I got my rejection for UCD today too. Oh well, still optimistic about the other two I applied to so we'll see! Congrats to all those accepted, and those who weren't keep your heads up!!!

Rejected as well. Congrats and good luck to everyone who will begin the UC Davis program!

Remember UCR sends out its acceptances later than most schools. There is still hope!

I too received the rejection email. So sad.

Last edited:
I interviewed this past Thursday and am now waiting. They told me I should hear back in a week

I interviewed this past Thursday and am now waiting. They told me I should hear back in a week

It seems like you would have a GREAT chance getting accepted since a few of the students that got accepted into the UCD program will be going somewhere else.

Hey guys there is still hope keep on praying, I interviewed a few weeks back and just received that acceptance call, for UCD, I haven't heard back anything for UCR or UCSF, received a denial letter from UCI however, I heard that strictly focus on numbers though. Receiving a call earlier today changed my life I am for sure going to UCD love the campus love the previous students that I meant within the program is anybody else attending? For the students that didn't get into postbacc this time around. My application process has been a journey from getting denied from other schools to getting into Davis, what I am saying guys is that when one door closes another one opens so don't loss hope. If this is something your truly passionate about you will get there.

Well, anyone waiting on UCSF, a spot is about to open up. Accepted off a waitlist, so I will be declining! Good luck to all of you!!!

Congrats, pDeluxe! It seems like someone is going to be a DOCTOR! :)

Does anyone know how many applied to the Davis program? I was rejected yesterday and just curious what my odds were.

Does anyone know how many applied to the Davis program? I was rejected yesterday and just curious what my odds were.

During the interview I was told they received over 400 applications and only had 20 spots.....and that is the most of any of the UC Consortium.... so a little under 5% acceptance rate

During the interview I was told they received over 400 applications and only had 20 spots.....and that is the most of any of the UC Consortium.... so a little under 5% acceptance rate

Yeeesh!! That's quite a bit of applications and some insane odds. Congrats to all those who got in! I hope you heard some good news regarding your interview, DocDoc.

Thanks for the reply.

Received my rejection from UCD last night. So far, rejected from UCI and UCD. Still waiting on UCSF and UCR, although with only a few days left before UCSF sends out all official notification, I have little hope. Perhaps UCR will prove a bit better.

Back-up plan:
Get in to UCR post bacc program

If that fails:
Take the MCAT for the 2nd time - test is July 2
Get EMT certification (class starts in August)
Get a job as an in-home caregiver while in EMT school
Get a job as EMT
Apply for Western's MSMS program in October
Get in to MSMS program
Finish it successfully
Get in Westerns DO program

Good luck to every one. Lets hope UCR gets started with those interviews.

I just found this thread. Congratulations to all who got accepted. Good luck to everyone.

Yes! Haha weird right? I'm not sure if there is any communication between the two either... Maybe the post bacc office knew before I did haha
Congratulations on your acceptance to UCD SOM!! That's great, I'm so happy for you. I am not surprised UCD post bacc denied you, I was told they don't really consider applicants with cGPA 3.4 or higher. Good Luck this fall!!! And congratulations to everyone else with acceptances!

Accepted to UCSF and UCD, offered an interview at UCLA! Having a super tough time deciding what to do because I have a unique connection with each these schools. Does anybody have any insight into how these programs are different and which have the better success rates? I'm mostly wondering about UCSF and UCLA. I having trouble finding alumni info on their programs and haven't had a chance to communicate with their students.

Any insight/personal experiences with these programs would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted to UCSF and UCD, offered an interview at UCLA! Having a super tough time deciding what to do because I have a unique connection with each these schools. Does anybody have any insight into how these programs are different and which have the better success rates? I'm mostly wondering about UCSF and UCLA. I having trouble finding alumni info on their programs and haven't had a chance to communicate with their students.

Any insight/personal experiences with these programs would be greatly appreciated!
I think that UCLA's program is 100% reapplicants, while UCSF's is a mix of first timers and reapplicants... Not sure how much that would affect you as an individual.

Also, I believe that UCLA guarantees an interview with DGSOM if you do well in the program...

I did SMDEP at UCLA (Summer Program) Emma (one of the directors of DGSOM PRIME Program) said that officially "no" but almost everyone gets an interview if you do well. However it sounds like you are a very good candidate based on your acceptances into other programs. I wouldn't worry too much about acceptance rates because really it's up to the applicant to put in the work, not the school. So I think it's just a matter of picking the program you feel would help you excel the most! Congratulations on your acceptances :) !!!!!

I think that UCLA's program is 100% reapplicants, while UCSF's is a mix of first timers and reapplicants... Not sure how much that would affect you as an individual.

Also, I believe that UCLA guarantees an interview with DGSOM if you do well in the program...

That's helpful info thank you so much for the input!

I did SMDEP at UCLA (Summer Program) Emma (one of the directors of DGSOM PRIME Program) said that officially "no" but almost everyone gets an interview if you do well. However it sounds like you are a very good candidate based on your acceptances into other programs. I wouldn't worry too much about acceptance rates because really it's up to the applicant to put in the work, not the school. So I think it's just a matter of picking the program you feel would help you excel the most! Congratulations on your acceptances :) !!!!!

Thank you, those are very kind words :) And you're right it is about how much work you put into it!

Received the axe from UCSF today. Such is a sad truth. But, life moves on. Just yet another bump on the road, but I'm well rested knowing God has another set of plans for me.

G'luck to you all (accepted or not). Wherever Life takes you or whatever journey It throws at you, I hope you all the best for the upcoming year.

Last edited:
I also received the axe from UCSF too didn't interview so I knew it was coming, however just keep working hard god has a plan.

Im attending the Davis program is anybody else for sure going to do there postbacc at UC Davis?

Yes! Haha weird right? I'm not sure if there is any communication between the two either... Maybe the post bacc office knew before I did haha
Congratulations that is awesome! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Just received the rejection email from UCD :(
Has anyone heard from UCR? Thanks!
BTW congrats to all of those accepted this year! :)