Official 2015-2016 Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if University of Colorado offers moonlighting to its fellows? I could not find it on their website

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, sorry for the late post, but I could really use some last minute help. I am confident about the top and bottom of my list, but I am confused about the middle. Was planning to rank 2) USC 3) NYU 4) Sinai. I guess I was wondering if there was a great discrepancy between the caliber of the three programs. Obviously, there is a high probability that I will end up at my #2-4, so I just want to make sure I am not making a huge mistake.

second gutonc on this... MSSM>USC~NYU.. NYU and USC are very strong clinical programs.. although the inability to do any mixture of heme or onc in any year is a very unique structure at USC and can cut either way...(separate heme/onc yrs)

Members don't see this ad :)
second gutonc on this... MSSM>USC~NYU.. NYU and USC are very strong clinical programs.. although the inability to do any mixture of heme or onc in any year is a very unique structure at USC and can cut either way...(separate heme/onc yrs)
Wait? USC does that s*** too? I was talking about NYU. If USC has that ******* structure then what I said about NYU goes for USC as well. Screw that.

last minute choice: which program is stronger in NYC, Columbia or Cornell?

last minute choice: which program is stronger in NYC, Columbia or Cornell?
I'd say Columbia is stronger overall but Cornell might have a slight edge in malignant heme ...although Columbia has made quite a few moves in the last few years to build its malignant heme program.

So how many times do I have to keep checking my NRMP ROL to repeatedly confirm that it says certified instead of ranking to be considered obsessive-compulsive? Haha

Reactions: 1 user
hope you guys can guide me a little for my last minute ROL submission

I'm having a hard time ranking ULCA-Olive View and North Shore LIJ. I would like to eventually move to Cali but I don't mind spending another three years in NY. Fellows at LIJ looked unhappy and overworked while fellows at OV looked happier. I got a better vibe at OV overall but it's difficult to judge just based on half day interview as how the programs are. Both are clinical with minimal research. I'm ranking both high.

Any feedback as to which has a better reputation/stronger clinical training?

It says match computation started....oh man, here we go

Is the deadline for programs to submit their rank lists the same as our deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Killing time with old movies.

A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays three days, and rides out on Friday. How did he do it?
Bonus: what movie (without internet searching)?

A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays three days, and rides out on Friday. How did he do it?
His horse is named Friday.

And I have no idea what movie it was. I thought it was a riddle my 8yo told me.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Big League. Classic.

13 days to go!
I'm still checking this thread way too often though I know there won't be any major action til the 2nd.

did anyone get a thank you email from UIC yesterday afternoon??? :) kind of funny now that all the dates etc have passed!

did anyone get a thank you email from UIC yesterday afternoon??? :) kind of funny now that all the dates etc have passed!
Maybe they were trying to be courteous and polite but at the same time not influence your ROL? :)

13!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 56
Oops sorry.. It's 12!

A movie that nobody saw!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 56
Do you know if you'll get notified a few days before Dec 2nd whether you match or not (like for residency match)?

I know Dec 2nd is match day for IM specialities but what about other specialities like peds and surgery,are they same day too?

1 week. Hope people end up where they'll be happy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You know they've already got your fate sealed in a computer file. Some protected file with a complicated password like abcd1235 (yep, unpredictable).

Less than 100 hours to go! On a side note, I was checking out the threads for GI and cardio, and it appears we are way more active