Official 2015-2016 ID Fellowship Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, I hope everybody is done with the interviews or is towards the end. This was a long process. We were together in this struggle, at least virtually ... and we share the passion for the most fascinating field of medicine. I want to thank you all for your support and help. Best wishes to you all.

I have a question. How do I submit the Rank Order List? I have made the Rank Order List on the NRMP website. I believe the next step is to press the button which says "Certify List". What do I do after that? Please let me know. This is making me a little nervous. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, I hope everybody is done with the interviews or is towards the end. This was a long process. We were together in this struggle, at least virtually ... and we share the passion for the most fascinating field of medicine. I want to thank you all for your support and help. Best wishes to you all.

I have a question. How do I submit the Rank Order List? I have made the Rank Order List on the NRMP website. I believe the next step is to press the button which says "Certify List". What do I do after that? Please let me know. This is making me a little nervous. Thanks

Agreed, congrats to everyone who is (hopefully) done with interviews! Best of luck.

For submitting your ROL, click the "Certify List" button. This will bring up a prompt stating you are signing a contract and will ask you to enter your password. Do this and you will receive an email that your list is certified. That's all you need to do!

FYI: Certifying your list does not prohibit you from making changes to your ROL. You can go back and edit it, but each time you do so you'll need to re-certify.

Rank list is officially certified.

And now we play the waiting game...

LpRYoYI.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Matched!!! Hope everyone else is just as excited about their results! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Matched at BIDMC - very excited!

Matched at UMinn!! Congratulations to everyone on matching! :highfive::highfive:

Matched at Cleveland Clinic! Anyone going there?

Matched at University of Maryland. Any thoughts about the program? Anybody going there?

I have 900 dollars that I need to spend before Dec 31 on educational material or I'd lose them. I am starting ID fellowship in July. I'm already Internal Medicine board certified and I was hoping to spend that money on something which would help me in the fellowship. Any idea about what I should buy?

I have 900 dollars that I need to spend before Dec 31 on educational material or I'd lose them. I am starting ID fellowship in July. I'm already Internal Medicine board certified and I was hoping to spend that money on something which would help me in the fellowship. Any idea about what I should buy?

Infectious diseases secrets( good read before fellowship if you can learn from question and answer format).
Mandel infectious disease principles. ( find out if your program gives it to its fellows, some do)
Sanford anti microbial guide( if you don't have it already )

And any Hiv management book should be a good investment.

The rest you can get anything else related. Like Harrison's IM that you will use a good bit or ferris clinical diagnosis.

Does anyone have experience becoming and ID as a DO? I am very interested in ID since I work in a microbiology lab at a hospital now, and am hopefully applying to DO school within 2 years. Any advice is appreciated!

Does anyone have experience becoming and ID as a DO? I am very interested in ID since I work in a microbiology lab at a hospital now, and am hopefully applying to DO school within 2 years. Any advice is appreciated!

Not a single difference than going to MD school... You will practice in whatever setting you choose afterwards.

The only difference might be that you could do some DO stuff on top of whatever you do as an ID doc.

Good luck in applications!

Not a single difference than going to MD school... You will practice in whatever setting you choose afterwards.

The only difference might be that you could do some DO stuff on top of whatever you do as an ID doc.

Good luck in applications!
Awesome to hear, thank you!

Should we start a thread for next year now?