*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjv

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First batch has been mailed (6/25/15) according to timeline thread, good luck!

Current cycle's Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed): http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ine-thread-submitted-verified-mailed.1140682/

Last cycle's thread for reference: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...cceptance-rejection-thread-2014-2015.1081352/

Batch numbers: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/official-batch-numbers-and-dates.1152456/

Please use the following format so interviews/acceptances/rejections stand out when posting:

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yay we got our own thread! :D

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Woo, our time has come! To think 3 years ago I was a dumb freshman doing subpar in classes!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's happening. *HEAVY BREATHING*

NUyttbn.gif

Reactions: 12 users
My professor needs to get his LOR in... smh this thread makes me nervous

I really hope next year we can look back on this thread and laugh about it

Reactions: 7 users
this is historic! ppl from now to December will look at this thread!
hi

I really hope next year we can look back on this thread and laugh about it

Or cry. Mostly cry. I will probably be crying into a bag of cheetos and washing down my shame with nutella water.

Reactions: 9 users
My biggest fear, after all this, is that I only get accepted into one school: the school of hard knocks

It makes it so difficult to find pertinent information when you guys post irrelevant comments. Please just use the thread the way it was intended.

Instead of everyone posting about how excited they are or how historic this is, let's just use this thread for what it was meant for. It's not fun having to scroll through 3 pages posts before we actually get to see when and where people are being offered interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I never thought I'd actually make it this far by even completing the application. Let's hope for good news coming our way.

Or cry. Mostly cry. I will probably be crying into a bag of cheetos and washing down my shame with nutella water.
Nah man...imagine the good and the good will happen.

Reactions: 1 user
wait wait wait....... nutella water????
Mix a cup of nuttela and half a cup of water. Nutella water! You can also just forego the water and drink nutella! Fun for the whole family!!

Just got e-mail from Boston University! They received my AADSAS Application and send me supplemental application instructions. :)

wish a luck for reapplicants!!!

btw is it better to rewrite personal statement for reapplicant? or just little change...? :$

wish a luck for reapplicants!!!

btw is it better to rewrite personal statement for reapplicant? or just little change...? :$

If you feel like you had a strong personal statement last year, just add what you did to improve yourself since the last cycle. If you do not feel that your personal statement was strong, then re-writing it isn't a bad idea.

Man, this is it guys, this is us! good luck to you all!

Good luck everyone!!!! Will be carefully watching this for "stats" for next cycle!

Hope we hear some interview chants this week! Good luck all!

Good luck everyone! I remember last year the very first interview invitations were from Midwestern AZ around this time.

So glad I dont have to obsess and check my emails every waking moment anymore. Good luck peeps!

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder why the delay for interviews this year. According to last years thread they started coming in on the 26th.

Hey guys...I think I got an interview?

Midwestern Arizona

I didn't get an email, and my Aadsas still just says receivedcomplete but after reading old threads I decided to log in to my portal through their website...I didn't find any messages on there either.

However when I went to the "scheduling interviews" section it says I have been invited for an interview at the following schools "Midwestern AZ dental medicine" and I can either schedule a date in September or withdraw. Under it says a confirmation will be sent to my email.

So...interview invite??

School: Midwest AZ
Notification date: N/A?? on website at least by June 30
Method of notification: Checked website
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/3/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.88,3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/24/28 (none below 17)

Reactions: 8 users
Awesome dude congrats!

Midwestern Arizona

I didn't get an email, and my Aadsas still just says receivedcomplete but after reading old threads I decided to log in to my portal through their website...I didn't find any messages on there either.

However when I went to the "scheduling interviews" section it says I have been invited for an interview at the following schools "Midwestern AZ dental medicine" and I can either schedule a date in September or withdraw. Under it says a confirmation will be sent to my email.

So...interview invite??

Anyone with lower stats get an interview offer?

School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: Haven't been notified officially, just checked MWU-AZ website on June 30
Method of notification: MWU-AZ website
Residency: ID
Application complete date: 6/4/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.82, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/22/26/(none below 17)

Reactions: 6 users
School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: Haven't been notified officially, just checked MWU-AZ website on June 30
Method of notification: MWU-AZ website
Residency: ID
Application complete date: 6/4/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.82, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/22/26/(none below 17)
You are a master

Anyone with lower stats get an interview offer?
Me!!

School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: 6/30/15
Method of notification: Midwestern Portal
Residency: PA
Application complete date: 6/11/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/24/ yes- one of my sciences was v low

I'm too excited to sleep! Good luck everyone, let the fun begin :)

Reactions: 10 users
Likes all around. Congrats guys!

Midwestern Arizona

So...interview invite??

Where else did you apply? @BYU4you

I wonder why the delay for interviews this year. According to last years thread they started coming in on the 26th.
First batch was mailed out on the 25th this year. Last year it was the 20th.

Congrats on the interviews everyone :claps: I have no idea how they notify but CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS!! I'd make sure you add domain of the schools to which you applied to your contact list just in case!

And so it begins...

REJECTION!
School:MWU-AZ
Notification date:07/01/15
Method of notification:email
Residency:NV
AADSAS mail-out date:06/25/15
Application complete date:06/05/15
GPA: 3.38oGPA, 3.53sGPA, 3.91BCP GPA, 3.96 post bac GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section 17)
22/23/25/23/none below 17

REJECTION!

OUCH, sorry :wow:

REJECTION!
oh my.......? ......your dat and gpa are pretty good...

oh my.......? ......your dat and gpa are pretty good...

There's a lot of randomness when it comes to acceptance and rejection. They can't just accept all the high scoring people because they know the majority of those students end up somewhere else. Luck of the draw sometimes between the high scoring students

There's a lot of randomness when it comes to acceptance and rejection. They can't just accept all the high scoring people because they know the majority of those students end up somewhere else. Luck of the draw sometimes between the high scoring students
That's a comforting thought. I've been racking my brain wondering why they rejected me. I knew it wasn't realistic to expect an interview at every school I applied to but a rejection right out of the gate like that?