*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll pm you

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys think I still have a chance to get in this year? Wait listed at multiple schools gpa 3.5+ dat 20+
If you're on waitlists, there is likely still a chance. Obviously not the best chance, but still a chance. Hope for the best but prepare to reapply.

Do you guys think I still have a chance to get in this year? Wait listed at multiple schools gpa 3.5+ dat 20+
I'd send out letters to ADCOMs informing them of your intent to attend the program and also updating them on your extracurriculars since interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an acceptance call to Louisville this morning. I already have one at MUSC, which school do you guys think is the better choice?

MUSC! Such a good program. Love the area too. I got an interview there but I turned it down due to high tuition costs. But I believe Louisville has a high tuition as well? Not sure though. If it does, that eliminates the cost being a deciding factor.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

MUSC! Such a good program. Love the area too. I got an interview there but I turned it down due to high tuition costs. But I believe Louisville has a high tuition as well? Not sure though. If it does, that eliminates the cost being a deciding factor.

For Louisville they haven't released 2016-2017 tuition but in state was ~$30,000 and out of state was ~$64,500 for 2015-2016

Last edited:

When did you turn down your MUSC acceptance?

For Louisville they haven't released 2016-2017 tuition but in state was ~$30,000 and out of state was ~$64,500 for 2015-2016

Thanks for sharing! That's a big jump. If in state then maybe choose Louisville unless the location would bother you. Gotta weigh what matters more. It's not an easy decision but there is no wrong answer.

When did you turn down your MUSC acceptance?

I turned it down in late December or January. I can't remember. I was OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! So I know deposits to schools are nonreturnable but did anyone try getting their money back after they deposit to a school? I'd be losing 2 grand

Hi! So I know deposits to schools are nonreturnable but did anyone try getting their money back after they deposit to a school? I'd be losing 2 grand

Some schools have policies that allow you to get a partial refund, you would have to read the fine print for the schools you sent deposits to. You can call them if you can't find their policy on it.

From what school are dropping out of?

Hopefully you get something back, this application process wasn't cheap!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've made a private Subreddit for us on Reddit to stay in touch after the cycle ends. It is exclusive to the accepted students to all schools Class of 2020 only. Here is the link. Let's join, everyone. It will be fun!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SDN2020/

Reactions: 3 users
I still haven't heard anything from Lecom since November lol , not that I wanna go there, but I have to wonder if they lost my app

BU has be silent since July for me :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5 users
Same with Pitt. for me. They "rejected" me for a weekend in November and then "un-rejected" me come the next Monday. I had then gotten an email from them stating not to contact their admissions office about the standing of my application in the process and haven't heard anything since. Sometimes offices just lose things, I guess...

Also have not heard anything from Temple and I've heard they're still thinking about interviewing and are not full.

UOP was silent for 9 months and they finally sent me a rejection letter. No interview. Bastards.

UOP was silent for 9 months and they finally sent me a rejection letter. No interview. Bastards.
Same
I'm going to call BU in spring of 2020 and ask if they have made a decision regarding my application yet.
I contacted BU the other day and I was told that they were done with interviews but you may get contacted for an interview if they ever need you to fill in the vacancy...

Same
I'm going to call BU in spring of 2020 and ask if they have made a decision regarding my application yet.
I contacted BU the other day and I was told that they were done with interviews but you may get contacted for an interview if they ever need you to fill in the vacancy...

UoP rejection w/o interview. I received the email yesterday.

Same

Haha I would turn down any interview requests from them. I'm happy with my decision to go to MWU AZ! If anything, I would have gone to my Tufts interview if I was still looking.

Well good thing you did ! Now we can offer our advice to the next years applicants I suppose lol

Haha I'm glad as well. I literally decided in May that I was going to apply this year... All because my engaged to be engaged boyfriend and I broke up and I didn't know what else to do.

We were supposed to get engaged in December but instead of a ring, I got an acceptance letter into dental school.

I guess there's a moral to this story but I don't know what it is yet :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
Our AADSAS portal disappears today , we are truly passing the torch to the next cycle lmao
Seriously? I just assumed it would be there forever. Wow I didn't even have time to mourn it.
RIP my AADSAS

Haha I'm glad as well. I literally decided in May that I was going to apply this year... All because my engaged to be engaged boyfriend and I broke up and I didn't know what else to do.

We were supposed to get engaged in December but instead of a ring, I got an acceptance letter into dental school.

I guess there's a moral to this story but I don't know what it is yet :laugh:

Go with the flow

Seriously? I just assumed it would be there forever. Wow I didn't even have time to mourn it.
RIP my AADSAS
It's really gone. I feel like a part of me is missing even I haven't logged into my portal in months. I spent so many nights refreshing it.

RIP AADSAS application :bigtears:

Reactions: 2 users
I will be dropping my seat at Maryland... Has anyone dropped their seat before? What should I say in the email??

I will be dropping my seat at Maryland... Has anyone dropped their seat before? What should I say in the email??
"I am writing to inform you that I will be withdrawing my acceptance to your school and would like to thank you for the admissions offer."

or to something of that effect. No need to over think it - just don't be rude of course!

Probably for the next cycle. Also thank goodness I don't have to apply a third time. This craps stressful.

The thought of having to apply for the third time really really stressed me out. Thank god really!

Reactions: 1 users
The thought of having to apply for the third time really really stressed me out. Thank god really!
In reference to your Touro acceptance:
excuse-me-sir-do-you-have-a-moment-to-talk-about-our-lord-and-savior-neptune-god-of-the-sea-dolphin.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
AADSAS Mobile still works for me. Regular portal doesn't after I logged out.

School: LECOM
Notification date: 5/2
Method of notification: E-amil
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/17/23/none

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
School: LECOM
Notification date: 5/2
Method of notification: E-amil
Residency: Virginia
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/15
Application complete date: 8/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.3, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/17/23/none

WOW your hope came true... so are you pretty much set on lecom now? it much change a lot of things for you and your family :) Congrats!