*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance #1: :banana:

School: Tufts University
Notification date: 4/4/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail out-date: 09/18/15
Application complete date: 10/21/15
Undergraduate GPA (science/overall): 2.54/2.74
Graduate GPA (science/overall): 3.77/3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Below 17): 20/21/24/20/None

Will be withdrawing my waitlist positions at UDM, Roseman, and USC!

Where did you go to school for your masters?? That's awesome how your undergraduate GPA was lower but you managed to make it up in a graduate program! Did dental schools ask you about this in interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Id like to know as well, so spit it.

Reactions: 1 users
"
The Doctor of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your admissions materials. Unfortunately, your application has not been placed among those few who have been selected for admission in Fall 2016.

The selection process is never easy and becomes more difficult as the number of students seeking admission increases. With a very competitive applicant pool, individuals who exceed the essential qualifications have the strongest chance of being selected. I am sorry this letter does not bring more positive news regarding your status.

Thank you for your interest in the University of New England and the Doctor of Dental Medicine program. We wish you much success with your academic and professional goals."

Yep....as I'm walking into my dental anatomy class hahaha.

Wait they didn't even reject you until this AUGUST?! for 15-16 cycle? I have applied there and my application was "complete" 8/22 still silence, they haven't emailed me about a secondary app either. Was this similar to your situation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait they didn't even reject you until this AUGUST?! for 15-16 cycle? I have applied there and my application was "complete" 8/22 still silence, they haven't emailed me about a secondary app either. Was this similar to your situation?
I remember doing a secondary but it's pretty much been silence. They did send one email in the Spring to survey if I was willing to receive an interview which I said yes to but then I never heard back.

Mine was late too... like July or something. August is ridiculous.

Hey guys! Just a quick question -- Did anyone in here submit their application late (October ish) and still receive interviews/acceptances?
I was in the same boat and I took a year off. Worked out great. You can give it a shot but I'd also have plans for the year and a half.

Hey guys! Just a quick question -- Did anyone in here submit their application late (October ish) and still receive interviews/acceptances?
Well I esubmitted in august, didn't take my DAT till mid october with my app being complete 11/6. Out of 11 schools, 4 interviews, 3 of which I went to and 2 acceptances (my 2 top choices that were in state). It was a LONG road of literally begging to be let off the waitlist with my acceptances coming in end of April- early May. My stats weren't too high either DAT wise, gpa made up for it I think. Good luck with everything, in the end we all end up where we're supposed to be. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #3
School: LECOM
Notification date: 12/15/15
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/09/15
Application complete date: 10/01/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.15
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/19/no

Rejection #1 (without interview)
School: University of Kentucky
Notification date: 12/18/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3/15

Interview #4
School: Midwestern IL
Notification date: 1/12/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.07, 3.15

I Know this is from last year but i was just wondering if you got accepted to the schools? I'm applying this year with those stats and am waiting for a response from those schools.

Acceptance #1: :banana:

School: Tufts University
Notification date: 4/4/16
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail out-date: 09/18/15
Application complete date: 10/21/15
Undergraduate GPA (science/overall): 2.54/2.74
Graduate GPA (science/overall): 3.77/3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Below 17): 20/21/24/20/None

Will be withdrawing my waitlist positions at UDM, Roseman, and USC!

Congrats on your success!!!! Your stats are inspiring. May I ask, what schools accepted you? We have very similar stats.