*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well @jweaver421 said above they sent a personal check and had no problems but I was going to email them to verify this and will get back to you on it.

Haha yes I was thinking the same thing... wtf do they want you to do? I just went and checked their website and it says:
"After completing the AADSAS application, the student should forward a $45 processing/application fee to the Marquette University School of Dentistry"

So I'm assuming you can go ahead and send the fee after submitting your AADSAS application and don't have to wait until you hear from the Admissions Office.
Ya I called the other day and the lady said that you can send it whenever you want, but sending it when you submit your AADSAS stuff (as opposed to when you get an email prompt) will make it process faster.

Members don't see this ad.

Well @jweaver421 said above they sent a personal check and had no problems but I was going to email them to verify this and will get back to you on it.

Haha yes I was thinking the same thing... wtf do they want you to do? I just went and checked their website and it says:
"After completing the AADSAS application, the student should forward a $45 processing/application fee to the Marquette University School of Dentistry"

So I'm assuming you can go ahead and send the fee after submitting your AADSAS application and don't have to wait until you hear from the Admissions Office.

I emailed them too so let's see if their responses to us are contradictory as well ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why BYU? Do they offer pat classes or sumthn?

Well residency is from Utah so it narrowed it down to a handful of schools.

Also BYU sends out over 130 students each year accepted to dental school, so there's a lot of us.

Hi ~Anyone know how to send secondary application fee to Pittsburgh? On the web, it says send check. But I heard someone said they don't accept personal check. So should I just send a money order?
I e-submitted my primary application yesterday, working on the secondaries now. I apply to 11 school on aadsas plus 3 Texas school. After submitting few secondaries fee for some schools, I start to feel bad for my mom's credit card.... :confused:

I sent a personal check and received an email just today telling me that my application was complete and verified, that my payment was processed and my photo received.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if it is possible to get interview invites from any schools before letters of recommendation are received?

Anyone heard anything from Iowa, UCLA, and UCSF? Haven't received an email from any of these schools and submitted 3+ weeks ago.

Anyone heard anything from Iowa, UCLA, and UCSF? Haven't received an email from any of these schools and submitted 3+ weeks ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong but,
UCLA sent supplementary applications on July 1 for first batch
UCSF sent supplementary applications on July 14 for first batch

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it is possible to get interview invites from any schools before letters of recommendation are received?
I'm pretty sure your application would be considered incomplete. The point of LORs is so that admissions boards have another tool to evaluate you before extending an interview. So definitely get on that ASAP.

I got an interview invite from Nova before my committee letter was sent.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can confirm this!

School: MWU-AZ
Notification Date: 7/1/2015
Method of Notification: email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/3/2015
Application Complete Date: 6/23/2015
GPA(science,overall): 3.53, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/reading): 19/19/21/20

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Okay, thanks for the info!

Can the school decisions section be updated before AADSAS verify your application. I e-submitted last Friday and I already have a school that showed up in the decisions section and it said received/waiting on additional information. How can that be if my application hasn't been verified?

Can the school decisions section be updated before AADSAS verify your application. I e-submitted last Friday and I already have a school that showed up in the decisions section and it said received/waiting on additional information. How can that be if my application hasn't been verified?
they can access it online once you've e-submitted

where are all the interview invites at this year?! last year at this time the interview/acceptance/rejection thread was blowing up!! :uhno:

where are all the interview invites at this year?! last year at this time the interview/acceptance/rejection thread was blowing up!! :uhno:

It probably has something to do with AADSAS having some technical problems this year.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the schools start giving out interviews around the first and second week of August.

It probably has something to do with AADSAS having some technical problems this year.

I agree. I've been wondering why it has been so quiet too. I called my state school (Tennessee) because my applications went out 07/02 but TN has not sent me an email saying it was received. The lady I spoke to (Jenny) said that they are a little delayed this year from the AADSAS technical problems but hopefully they should be taken care of this week.

That said, I don't think the problems are effecting everyone? MWU AZ seems to be going strong.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the schools start giving out interviews around the first and second week of August.

I know Ohio State doesn't extend interview offers until one month before the interview date. Since the first interview this year isn't until September 5, the invites won't go out until August 5. The other dates for interiews are Oct 23 and 31 and November 14. So invites for those dates don't go out until Sept 23 and 30 and October 14.

I know Ohio State doesn't extend interview offers until one month before the interview date. Since the first interview this year isn't until September 5, the invites won't go out until August 5. The other dates for interiews are Oct 23 and 31 and November 14. So invites for those dates don't go out until Sept 23 and 30 and October 14.

I wish I knew OSU was moving their first interview a whole month earlier but there are 4 dates this year? Because it used to always be 3 didn't it? If mine just got verified and I'm still waiting for the supplemental, do you think I could even be considered for the first interview date? I know the first date used to always be mostly in state, do you think it'll be the first two dates now?

There are 4 dates just like last year. One is specifically a weekday date (Oct 23) for those who for religious or other reasons cannot do a Saturday interview. Last year that date was the last date in November. I'm usure about who they interview on specific dates. My interview was Nov 15 last year. I didn't get an invite until Oct 17. Go. t accepted on Dec 1. Happy I only had to wait 2 weeks to find out that I got in...

So I applied to many Dental Schools. The most convenient way to do LOE was to use 2 Science, 1 DDS, and 1 Employer through AADSAS to fill the requirement of the MAJORITY of the schools that I applied to. However, 2 science, 1 DDS and 1 Supervisor occasionally did not meet the requirements of some schools (Harvard, Indiana, Boston(BU), and NOVA). For these 4 schools I had to get an additional evaluator to to email the schools. 3 of the schools took in the email, however 1 of them, Harvard, said that they would not take any letters of evaluation not through AADSAS. Did anyone else have this problem?

There are 4 dates just like last year. One is specifically a weekday date (Oct 23) for those who for religious or other reasons cannot do a Saturday interview. Last year that date was the last date in November. I'm usure about who they interview on specific dates. My interview was Nov 15 last year. I didn't get an invite until Oct 17. Go. t accepted on Dec 1. Happy I only had to wait 2 weeks to find out that I got in...
Oh congrats! I'm just disappointed I didn't get my application in earlier.

Do most dental schools have Saturday as an option for an interview day? Just wondering because I'm working on my class schedule for the fall.

Do most dental schools have Saturday as an option for an interview day? Just wondering because I'm working on my class schedule for the fall.
I believe most schools have set interview days though some have Monday or Tuesday/Thursday or Friday options. You can look at the school specific threads from last year and see which days each of school interviewed. I applied to 11 schools and a majority of them interviewed on Monday or Friday.

Oh congrats! I'm just disappointed I didn't get my application in earlier.

My application was not complete until August 18 last year. I retook the DAT on Aug 8 because my scores were crap the first time and basically did not meet the minimum requirements. I did not want to send in my supplemental and spend the $$ on it if my new DAT scores did not meet the minimums. So don't fret.

I'm pretty sure your application would be considered incomplete. The point of LORs is so that admissions boards have another tool to evaluate you before extending an interview. So definitely get on that ASAP.

Yes. But some schools consider LOE to be secondary application elements and will start to review applications without them.

First Interview Invite!!

School: Midwestern AZ
Notification date: July 18th
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: July 2nd
Application complete date: July 13th
GPA (science, overall): 3.60 Science, 3.63 Overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
20/20/21/21

Reactions: 6 users
Yes. But some schools consider LOE to be secondary application elements and will start to review applications without them.
But even then, secondaries need to be completed as well before schools extend interviews. (Apparently not all though according to ladsonct). I think we are talking about the same thing in different ways.

Interview invite #2

School: UNMC
Notification date: 7/21/2015
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: Kansas
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/20/2015
Supplementary Application complete date: 7/14/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/21/21/no

Reactions: 5 users
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
First interview!!!

School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 7/23
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.84 science, 3.80 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17: 23/23/24/23/no

Reactions: 7 users
First interview :clap:

School: University of Iowa
Notification date: 7/23
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.94 science, 3.95 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17: 22/22/20/22/no

Reactions: 9 users
Received the supplemental forms for ATSU and UCSF today

2nd batch (7/2/2015)

Same here. Received ATSU, Temple, UCLA, and UCSF. When it rains, it pours I guess.

I received supplemental form for Temple yesterday

First batch.

I received the UCSF, Temple, Nova Southeastern, and Detroit Mercy supplements this week. My apps were sent out on July 2nd.

University of Tennessee supplemental received today! Second batch.