*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you must have a ton of shadowing hours and ecs right? I haven't heard anything from tufts, did you shadow a gen dentist like it says on the site?
I did participate in a lot of ecs, shadowing, research, and tutoring. I have shadowed orthodontists, pediatric dentists and general dentists. Most of my hours have been with general dentists though. I'm sure you'll hear soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection - Western

Notification date: 2/9/15

Method of notification: Email

Residency: PA

AADSAS Mail out date: 7/31 (Added Western at the end of August)

3.07 sGPA 3.2 oGPA (3.3 now)

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/22/24

Rejection #2

School: ASDOH
Notification date: 2/8/16
Method of notification: Snail Mail
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/30
GPA (science, overall) 3.2/3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/23/None

INTERVIEW #1 :D
ROSEMAN!! I can't believe it! :D :D

Reactions: 18 users
congrats!
Thanks ... I am still in a shock!
Yayyyy!!! So so happy for you!!!
THANK YOU! I am so happy too :D
Congrats!!!!! May I ask when your mailout date was?
My mail out dates was 7/31. however my updated DAT scores was sent out end of August.
May I ask your stats? I'm still waiting on interviews at 7 of my schools... Havent heard anything yet except for one invite from Touro. Getting really pessimistic...
3.2 GPA, 19 DAT. Never give up. I applied to 21 schools. Got 9 rejections then the following day after my ninth rejection, I got the email from Roseman. NEVER GIVE UP. When I opened that email from Roseman, I was crying already because I thought it was another rejection, however, I cried of joy :) btw, this is my 3rd year applying. .

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)

My mail out dates was 7/31. however my updated DAT scores was sent out end of August.

3.2 GPA, 19 DAT. Never give up. I applied to 21 schools. Got 9 rejections then the following day after my ninth rejection, I got the email from Roseman. NEVER GIVE UP. When I opened that email from Roseman, I was crying already because I thought it was another rejection, however, I cried of joy :) btw, this is my 3rd year applying. .

First interview ever? Congrats!

I emailed Bill and he replied saying that they already met earlier to pick out their final interviewees and that I hadn't been selected to interview this cycle.
Ah I see, was this your first time applying?

First interview ever? Congrats!
Thanks! I interviewed the first time I applied at 6 schools. Got accepted. But had to decline for major family emergency. Second time, I didn't get an interview. However, for this cycle, it's the first interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #5
School: NYU
Notification date:
2/10/2015
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date:
9/11/2015
Application complete date: 9/28/2015
GPA (science, overall): 3.17/3.32 (3.7~at post-bacc)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/22/25/no

After 3.5 months of silence! It's okay Western, I didn't want to wear a tie every day anyways *sobs quietly*

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlist #3 :thinking:
School: Michigan
Notification date: 2/10/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

Rejection #7:
School: University of Louisville
Method of notification: e-mail
Residency: Maryland
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/29/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.48, 3.65 *improved after academic update
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/17/19/ 16 was in qr and bio

Rejection #7:
School: University of Louisville
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18/17/17/19/ 16 was in qr and bio
How many schools did you apply to in total?

Waitlisted by Michigan yesterday...Was not surprised...OOS student who attended Umich undergraduate.

Rejection #8:
School: Western University

Rejection #8:
School: Western University
Keep calm, something good will happen.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejection #4 :wtf:
School: Western
Residency: MI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/13/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.45 (3.56 without +/-), 3.6 (3.68 without +/-)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/21/none

you must have a ton of shadowing hours and ecs right? I haven't heard anything from tufts, did you shadow a gen dentist like it says on the site?

Did you not shadow a general dentist?

Acceptance #3:
School: Pitt
Notification date: 2/11/16
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15
Application complete date: 7/1/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.44, 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/26/25/no

Reactions: 10 users
Interview #5: USC

Email notification today at 11:03 am pst

First interview invite post-dec. 3.5 months of silence. No acceptances yet for me, everyone else in my position - keep your head up!!!!

Reactions: 9 users

First interview invite post-dec. 3.5 months of silence. No acceptances yet for me, everyone else in my position - keep your head up!!!!

What are your stats? I haven't been accepted anywhere

I am in the same position as you! 5 interviews but no acceptance yet. Hopefully we can get in this cycle! :)

Acceptance #3:
School: Pitt
Notification date: 2/11/16
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/15
Application complete date: 7/1/15
GPA (science, overall) 3.44, 3.32
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/26/25/no

Congrats! Are you planning to attend pitt?

What are your stats? I haven't been accepted anywhere
I am in the same position as you! 5 interviews but no acceptance yet. Hopefully we can get in this cycle! :)

CA resident
SGPA: 3.89 OGPA: 3.52

Non-traditional applicant. Took all of my pre-reqs at a CC. Antropology and philosophy major, graduated from UC Berkeley in 2010.

DAT (aa, ts, pat, reading, lower than 16)
19,20,20,19 QR 16

Interview #1: Roseman - waitlisted
Interview #2: Indiana - differed for February decision
Interview #3: Detroit mercy- waitlisted
Interview #4: Maryland- no word yet
Interview #5: USC- 2/17

Rejection: Boston University
Unsurprising, as I didn't complete the secondary

I'd also like to formally join the 5 interviews no acceptance squad pls

Rejection: Boston University
Unsurprising, as I didn't complete the secondary

I was doing their secondary application and browsing through their school website. When I saw their graduation pics and the horrendous color schemes for the gowns, I gave up on BU all together. Completely serious

Reactions: 4 users
I'd also like to formally join the 5 interviews no acceptance squad pls

H€ll yeah! :laugh:

It's nice talking to you guys, this is the first time I actually laughed about it!

Reactions: 1 users
H€ll yeah! :laugh:

It's nice talking to you guys, this is the first time I actually laughed about it!

3 interviews and no acceptance here! Don't stress too much, the game is not over till I see that rejection email!

Reactions: 5 users

Congrats! I'm still waiting to hear from them. 3rd cycle applicant too. 25 schools. Only 1 interview scheduled that hasn't happened yet.

5 interviews and 5 Waitlists. The stress just keeps building.

You're golden, you're definitely going to get in somewhere with those waitlist spots- just hang in there! :xf:

I will add mine on here as well. Went to four interviews, and got an acceptance on my fourth one. One school haven't heard back yet, and the others I was placed on their waitlist.

After my acceptance from the fourth school, I withdrew my application from all schools, including some that I had interviews to.

The bottom line is that you never really know if your next interview is the ticket to the door. After each interview, just know which areas you can improve on and it will only get better from there!

Reactions: 1 users