*~*~*~* Official 2015-2016 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
$5,000 deposit?!

Does UCSF provide its applicants with their waitlist number?

Nyu has an initial deposit of 1.5k and then a second deposit of 3.5k due later. Ucsf assigns a number to those wait listed and updates every month or so where you stand.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted

USC (off wait list - interviewed first week of October)

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance #2: USC

Email 4:56 pm pst

California resident, and I interviewed 2 days ago on wednesday 2/17.

2 acceptances this week. Prior to this, 2 waitlist spots, 5 rejections w/o interview and no acceptances. I even got a rejection this morning. It's been a wild ride- you just never know when the tide is going to shift. For those still waiting be patient and show interest. I communicated a lot with the schools that I was accepted to.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

2 acceptances this week. Prior to this, 2 waitlist spots, 5 rejections w/o interview and no acceptances. I even got a rejection this morning. It's been a wild ride- you just never know when the tide is going to shift. For those still waiting be patient and show interest. I communicated a lot with the schools that I was accepted to.
Congratulations!!! Have you made a decision between the two?

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Congratulations!!! Have you made a decision between the two?

USC for now, it's about 60 more than Indiana but I'll pay to stay in my home state, city and the networking potential that it will provide in my future.

My dream school is ucla, due to the price and location, but I haven't even had an interview there so that's that.

I just got USC acceptance email too. Pretty excited!

Reactions: 2 users

Congrats! What did you do to communicate with them?

Rejection #1: MUSC, put on "alternate list"
interview 11/20/15

Deciding between Nova and Temple!!
Gave deposits to both, because I couldn't decide. Temple seems to have a better clinical experience, and is one of the oldest schools out there. I'm also from NY, so Temple is closer to Family and friends.
However, Nova is in a much safer neighborhood in sunny Florida, which might create a more enjoyable, and positive experience. Tuition for both are pretty much in same ball park.
I would appreciate any advice, or facts about either school that can help me decide.

Gave deposits to both, because I couldn't decide. Temple seems to have a better clinical experience, and is one of the oldest schools out there. I'm also from NY, so Temple is closer to Family and friends.
However, Nova is in a much safer neighborhood in sunny Florida, which might create a more enjoyable, and positive experience. Tuition for both are pretty much in same ball park.
I would appreciate any advice, or facts about either school that can help me decide.
Your clinical experience at Temple will be far superior.

I was on the same boat, and I'm from Jersey about one hour and a half away from Philly and temple is way better clinicaly and decided to go with Temple

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance #1:
School: NYU
Notification date: 12/01
Interview Date: 11/30
Method of notification: Email Then Call

Acceptance #2:

School: UCSF
Notification date: 01/21
Interview Date: 01/11
Method of notification: Call Then Email

Acceptance #3:

School: USC
Notification date: 02/02
Interview Date: 11/11
Method of notification: Email

Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA: 3.93 science/3.83 BCP/3.87 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/21TS/22PAT/22RC/none

I will be attending UCSF. I also applied to 10 schools. Got 6 interviews, in which I went to 4. Hope my post helps any future applicants.

Reactions: 7 users
just received an interview invite from touro.
does anyone know when they will send out acceptance or rejections?
Kind of wondering if if will be really late in the cycle. Has anyone gotten in yet?

seems like touro thread has been locked due to fullridescholarship-gate.

just received an interview invite from touro.
does anyone know when they will send out acceptance or rejections?
Kind of wondering if if will be really late in the cycle. Has anyone gotten in yet?

seems like touro thread has been locked due to fullridescholarship-gate.

Will you brief me really quick on what fullridescholarship gate was?

I would choose Temple. these are just facts.

Will you brief me really quick on what fullridescholarship gate was?

Touro offered me a full scholarship via phone call that I turned down. Someone going to Harvard got butthurt they were not offered said scholarship and emailed the dean. Dean denied any scholarships. People got angry. I posted proof Touro called me. Some people still angry. The end.

Reactions: 14 users
Touro offered me a full scholarship via phone call that I turned down. Someone going to Harvard got butthurt they were not offered said scholarship and emailed the dean. Dean denied any scholarships. People got angry. I posted proof Touro called me. Some people still angry. The end.
And the reason the Harvard guy was butthurt is because Feralis got a 15 TS and that guy didn't think Feralis was worthy of it ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Thug life

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection #7 without interview: University of Washington

.......And it feels good! I have to comment on how the email they sent me was so sloppy - it had the wrong application cycle on it. How does that happen?

Reactions: 6 users
Rejection #7 without interview: University of Washington

.......And it feels good! I have to comment on how the email they sent me was so sloppy - it had the wrong application cycle on it. How does that happen?
That's pathetic on their part. Some of these schools really need to be more professional.

That's pathetic on their part. Some of these schools really need to be more professional.

Same happened for MUSC! They emailed the next day stating how they messed up

Figured I'd throw out my statistics now that I know where I'm attending.

Accepted: Pitt, Penn, Minnesota
Waitlisted: Maryland, NYU
Rejected: Michigan, Louisville, Iowa, Case Western
Silence, so far: Temple, Tufts, LECOM

Attending: Pitt!!
Won't be taking any more interviews.

Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: ~7/31
Application complete date: ~6/30
GPA (science, overall): 3.33, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/23/24/nope

Reactions: 6 users

if you don't mind me asking, what were your dental related extra-curriculars other than shadowing?

H2P!

Reactions: 3 users

@FeralisExtremum is it the Harvard kid who is butthurt? or just you who is butthurt from getting rejected from Harvard on the first possible day? :boom: (mind blown) ......

if you don't mind me asking, what were your dental related extra-curriculars other than shadowing?

No problem! I spent ~120 hours interning for a general dentist, doing wax-ups, and generally just helping where needed (no assistant work). I had another ~70 hours shadowing, mostly general dentistry, but a day with oral surgery, ortho, and endo each.

Most of my extra-curriculars were leadership oriented. I spent a year as a resident assistant and had a number of leadership roles in my fraternity. Past that, ~70 hours of community service and a ton of time working in a factory in the summers.

ACCEPTANCE #3 - Columbia !! :soexcited:

Notification date: 2/23/16

AADSAS Mail out date: 7/31

3.07 sGPA 3.2 oGPA (3.3 w/AU)

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/20/22/24

Someone pinch me I must be dreaming..

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 users

Notification date: 2/23/15

OMG Congrats!!!! Soo are you dropping tufts?!

OMG Congrats!!!! Soo are you dropping tufts?!

Most likely (still have to work out deposits etc.). I've seen you posting in the Tufts thread for months.. I hope that spot goes to you!

Most likely (still have to work out deposits etc.). I've seen you posting in the Tufts thread for months.. I hope that spot goes to you!

Aww thank youuuuu :) I hope so too haha! I'm so happy for you though! 3 acceptances WOOP WOOP! You are a beasttttt

Notification date: 2/23/15

:eek: Congrats!

Just declined my acceptance to Indiana. I hope someone who really wants to go gets my spot! Good luck to all of you! They told me the class was full but now there should be 1 more spot! I am out of state and they gave accepted people until Feb. 29th.

Just declined my acceptance to Indiana. I hope someone who really wants to go gets my spot! Good luck to all of you! They told me the class was full but now there should be 1 more spot! I am out of state and they gave accepted people until Feb. 29th.

Have you decided yet?

First Acceptance and only acceptance!!!

School: UTHSC (Tennessee)
Notification date: 02/23/2016!!! LIKE AN HOUR AGO.
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: In state
AADSAS mail-out date: Second batch.. So like June 26th or something like this. Can't process anymore.
Application complete date: Like second week of June. See above.
GPA (science, overall) ~3.5 sGPA, 3.74 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/21/no

I applied to four schools this cycle and I received an interview from Tennessee. I was wait listed last week. I cannot express my excitement, disbelief, and relief. I'm in shock. Just have to figure out a way to make it through the last hour of work.. Ahhhhh!

Reactions: 22 users
First Acceptance and only acceptance!!!

School: UTHSC (Tennessee)
Notification date: 02/23/2016!!! LIKE AN HOUR AGO.
Method of notification: Phone Call
Residency: In state
AADSAS mail-out date: Second batch.. So like June 26th or something like this. Can't process anymore.
Application complete date: Like second week of June. See above.
GPA (science, overall) ~3.5 sGPA, 3.74 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/21/no

I applied to four schools this cycle and I received an interview from Tennessee. I was wait listed last week. I cannot express my excitement, disbelief, and relief. I'm in shock. Just have to figure out a way to make it through the last hour of work.. Ahhhhh!
Damn Daniel

Reactions: 11 users
Have you decided yet?

I have not, unfortunately. I am holding out for Penn (should know next week) and will see about Tufts after the interview. I know both are a stretch, but there's a chance!

I have not, unfortunately. I am holding out for Penn (should know next week) and will see about Tufts after the interview. I know both are a stretch, but there's a chance!

Keep up the good work! I think you'll get into penn, stay positive! +1 for anthropology majors!

Acceptance #4:

School: Colorado
Notification Date: 02/22/2016
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/2/2016
Application complete date: 7/1/2016
GPA (science, overall): 3.32, 3.44
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/26/25/no

Has anyone heard from Midwestern-Illinois after interviews in either January or Febuary?

Accepted to Columbia 1027 am so happy I can't even

Reactions: 11 users