Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Updating again for good luck! :)

2 II, 1 completed
2 Hold
1 Reject
19 Silence

Also updatingfor good luck!

4 MD II
2 holds
0 rejections
Waiting on 18 schools

Best of luck to everyone!

Florida Resident... LizzyM 68-69 (with a horrifyingly low 3.2 sGPA)

II's at Tulane, FIU, FAU, and LECOM-Bradenton
Applied to 26 MD and 4 DO
No rejections yet, but on the stupid GW hold

can you post your school list? Thanks!

Guess updating this is good luck?

Got my 4th II last week.
Stats: 66 LizzyM 28 MCAT 3.8 GPA

applied: 27
II: 4
rejections: 3
Hold: 1

Here is to many more for all of us!

Updating as well, even though I won't be hearing anything tommorow on the 15th due to Texas resident traffic rules :(

10 II's
1 hold (GW)
silence from a few schools

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
can you post your school list? Thanks!

Its painfully long so I'll PM you, but basically it was every Florida school (MD/DO) plus a slew of private schools with lower end stats and a couple OOS friendly state schools.

This cycle has actually been going really well, so far I'm up to:
II: LECOM-B, FAU, FIU, Albany, Tulane, VA Tech, U Miami, and Emory.
Holds: GW and Arizona Tuscon
Rejections: CMS Rosalind Franklin

:scared: praying for good news on judgement day tomorrow (Oct 15th)

Reactions: 1 user
Its painfully long so I'll PM you, but basically it was every Florida school (MD/DO) plus a slew of private schools with lower end stats and a couple OOS friendly state schools.

This cycle has actually been going really well, so far I'm up to:
II: LECOM-B, FAU, FIU, Albany, Tulane, VA Tech, U Miami, and Emory.
Holds: GW and Arizona Tuscon
Rejections: CMS Rosalind Franklin

:scared: praying for good news on judgement day tomorrow (Oct 15th)

EMORY?!

Ballin'!

P.S. tell Emory they forgot to send me an interview invite.

EMORY?!

Ballin'!

P.S. tell Emory they forgot to send me an interview invite.

Thanks! I literally don't think I've ever been more surprised in my entire life.

BTW, Thank you for your service! Ive actually heard Emory has special considerations for veterans since theyre so closely tied to the Atlanta VA

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I literally don't think I've ever been more surprised in my entire life.

BTW, Thank you for your service! Ive actually heard Emory has special considerations for veterans since theyre so closely tied to the Atlanta VA

Thanks, man! Good luck tomorrow!

With my stats, I'd run around in circles screaming if I got an II from Emory. I hope, I hope!

@TheMadScientist_AZ Youre the real MVP for keeping the positivity flowing in this thread! Seriously, this is one of the best places on SDN IMHO

Reactions: 3 users
Posting again for goodluck
LizzyM ~68-69 (I think... new mcat)
Applied: 22 MD
Complete: 19 MD schools (from mid september to mid october)
Hold: 1
Rejected: 1
II: 0 (hoping for good luck in the next few weeks!)
Silence: All:yawn:

Posting for good luck, as well! Complete mid-July through early August, LizzyM 66-68.

1 II
5 Rejections
20+ Radio Silences

I guess I'll jump on the good luck superstitious bandwagon. ;)

1 II
1 Hold
2 Rejections
11 painful silences

Wishing everyone luck! :luck:

I'm jumping on the lucky update train!

Received a third II from UIC last week. Still have 2 holds and 2 rejections. I guess it is mildly comforting that everyone is wading months of silence from so many schools haha :)

Hoping for some good luck when things start moving again after traffic day.

LizzyM 69

1 II: rejected
4 holds: Arizona, suny upstate, gw, Albany
Few rejections.

Hoping for more II!

If not I'll work my butt off and rock another mcat, confident I'll get in either this year or after some more resume boosters

I'll take some good luck.

1 II
1 hold
2 rejections
12 complete silences

I need some luck.
1 II
1 hold
1 Rejection
Too much silence.

1 II
2 rejections
1 hold
26 silence
Good Luck tomorrow to those who interviewed already..I hope you get your top choices..withdraw quickly and give us little guys a chance!!! Good Luck all!!!

1 II
2 rejections
1 hold
26 silence
Good Luck tomorrow to those who interviewed already..I hope you get your top choices..withdraw quickly and give us little guys a chance!!! Good Luck all!!!
Yes, PLEASE do so!

Update:

0 II
2 rejections: Albany and USC
Hold: GW

38 more schools to go and complete at most around 9/18.

One.
All I want is one II so I can at least know I'm not on some medical school blacklist for daring to apply to the number of reach schools I did.
o_O

I swear I'm a good person/applicant/pre-med! :angelic:

Reactions: 5 users
Update:

0 II
2 rejections: Albany and USC
Hold: GW

38 more schools to go and complete at most around 9/18.

One.
All I want is one II so I can at least know I'm not on some medical school blacklist for daring to apply to the number of reach schools I did.
o_O

I swear I'm a good person/applicant/pre-med! :angelic:
I swear we are almost the same person. Brother from another mother? I do have a II and have not applied to Albany, but almost the same with everything else. :D

FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!! Ahhhh this thread really does bring good luck.

Reactions: 17 users
My adrenaline is pumping from just reading the excitement in the last few posts!!
Nice to see us <70-er's stick together! :)

I swear we are almost the same person. Brother from another mother? I do have a II and have not applied to Albany, but almost the same with everything else. :D

I know! haha
Once you get in somewhere, I'm going to work that family connection! :highfive:

Reactions: 2 users
Right about now I'm appreciating the value of applying early, like in July. I submitted in mid to late August - not late by any means, but certainly not early.

2 ii (GW, UW)
0 holds
0 rejections
18 silence

Right about now I'm appreciating the value of applying early, like in July. I submitted in mid to late August - not late by any means, but certainly not early.

2 ii (GW, UW)
0 holds
0 rejections
18 silence

I can tell you from personal experience that applying early (submitted June 2nd) is not giving other people or myself any real advantage. In fact people completed from much later dates are getting II's and/or status updates of some kind.

Congrats! DO? Or was it one of those MD schools who lets news slip a day early? ;)

Congrats!! Where?

how can they do that? I thought it 10/15 was the first day they could give acceptances? But congrats!!!

I just randomly checked my portal for Buffalo and it showed up. I guess someone in the Admissions Office got excited for tomorrow - thankful that they were though, this made my day!

I just randomly checked my portal for Buffalo and it showed up. I guess someone in the Admissions Office got excited for tomorrow - thankful that they were though, this made my day!
I like you evolution ;)

One final post for good luck- hope everyone gets good news tomorrow if you're expecting to hear back!

LizzyM of 63-65
2 DO II's
Waiting to hear back from a ton of MD and DO and keeping my fingers crossed as a Texas resident
A few rejections
and 1/2 holds.
Good luck to all of us!!

I can tell you from personal experience that applying early (submitted June 2nd) is not giving other people or myself any real advantage. In fact people completed from much later dates are getting II's and/or status updates of some kind.

Temple states directly on their website that getting your application in early doesn't mean it'll be reviewed early....
So i wonder how many other schools are like this.

how can they do that? I thought it 10/15 was the first day they could give acceptances? But congrats!!!

DO schools have been giving out acceptances for a while now.

Lizzy M <70
11 MD II's
3 rejections (2 pre, 1 post-interview)
1 hold

Last edited:
First Acceptance to FAU Med!

Reactions: 12 users
Congrats buddy!!! Now that you're done with your good luck, mind donating the rest of it to us? ;)

I'd be honored! Heres to wishing everyone the best luck and a happy October 15th:soexcited:

First acceptance to FIU!

LizzyM 66. Reapplicant.

I hope everyone waiting on II's and acceptances hear back sooner rather than later now that the train is rolling!

Now that acceptances are rolling out, and perhaps people are withdrawing from schools they're less interested in I wonder if ii's will pick up in the coming weeks?

Update:

9 IIs (one of which DO, to my only DO app)
1 rejection (GT)
2 holds
35 total apps
Accepted: UC Davis (OOS), Oakland University William Beaumont--with a full ride scholarship.
Withdrawing... A lotta places.

Just want you guys to know that it can happen for a 31 MCAT. So grateful. Don't even know how to handle it yet. Sending you guys all the luck.

Reactions: 21 users
Thanks, dude! I have had so much tequila at this point I do not know what else to say. Hallelujah.

Accepted: UC Davis (OOS), Oakland University William Beaumont--with a full ride scholarship.
Withdrawing... A lotta places.

Congrats! Both amazing choices! Which one are you leaning towards?

Reactions: 2 users