Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! Both amazing choices! Which one are you leaning towards?
I don't know. Davis offers scholarships after acceptance whereas OUWB offers them with. I think I have to see what the terms are on the OUWB scholarship and see what Davis says. I feel hella lucky either way. They're both extraordinary, supportive schools. Really great people.

ETA: and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I'll join the thread after some watching.

NonTrad Student, LizzyM 66-69, MCAT < 30
~27 Secondaries, 15 DO, 12 MD
10 II( 8 DO, 2 MD)
3 DO Acceptances
Waiting, hopefully a local MD acceptance soon!
Hoping for some MD love (even though I love the DO schools I'm accepted at.)

LizzyM between 63-65
Applied to Way too many Schools (35)
Texas Resident
3 DO II's
0 MD II's
Hoping for some in state MD luck!
Congratulations and good luck to the rest of you guys with your interviews and acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd ii today and it's at my top choice school! It's median mcat is a solid 4 points above mine, I'm super excited! I honestly never even considered An II a possibilty. Truly was traffic day!

Officially adopting this philosophy that there really is nothing more that I can do now except wait. This is going to be a lonnnng cycle

Last edited:
Just wanted to share some hope for some nontraditional students with < 70 LizzyM and < 30 MCATs, just got my first MD accept at my state school SUNY! Anythings possible.

Reactions: 5 users
Update again for goodluck!!!!
LizzyM ~68-69
1 II (finally!!!)
Completed: 19 MD Schools
Hold: 1
Rejected: 1
Silence: 17?

To interview gods: Please give me more interviews please <3

Reactions: 1 users
Praying for another II!!! Just one and not until Feb. I really need another!! Good Luck Guys!!

Reactions: 1 user
Posting for good luck. I have received 2 MD IIs rejected from 2, silence from 17 and hold from 2 DOs

Hoping this thread really brings the good luck everyone keeps talking about!

LizzyM ~67 (505/3.87)
Applied to 30 MD, 3 DO
Primary verified early July, MCAT scores received early September
II: 0
Rejections: 2 (UPitt post-secondary, VCU - pre-secondary)
Holds: 1 (GWU)

Forever playing the waiting game while simultaneously dying of anticipation/anxiety. o_O:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is probably the best thread on this website. Thank you to everyone who's provided so much positive commentary.

Update: 3.4/3.2/35
8 II (7MD + 1 DO)
Accepted at FIU, FAU, and Lecom-B
Rejected: 3 (Rosalind, Arizona Tucson, Dartmouth lol)
Waiting for 22 more

There is hope for those of us with bad GPAs!

I have a 70-71 LizzyM, I'm only 2 for 9 so far and haven't heard from the rest for almost 50 days, complete late August. Does the luck of this thread work for borderline 70'ers?

I have a 70-71 LizzyM, I'm only 2 for 9 so far and haven't heard from the rest for almost 50 days, complete late August. Does the luck of this thread work for borderline 70'ers?
No, sorry. It's only for below 70-ers. You can't sit with us.

Reactions: 9 users
B_Vv1kQWQAA_Qg0.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
First acceptance to FIU!

LizzyM 66. Reapplicant.

I hope everyone waiting on II's and acceptances hear back sooner rather than later now that the train is rolling!

What do you think changed this time around to gain an acceptance? Congrats btw!!!!

What do you think changed this time around to gain an acceptance? Congrats btw!!!!

Thanks! I'll send you a pm with specifics.

Update:

LizzyM 66, Reapplicant
Accepted: Tulane, FIU
II: 4 (3MD, 1DO)
Rejection: 4
Hold: ~19 more schools.

Reactions: 2 users
First time posting on SDN (long-time lurker but SDN has been so helpful/supportive on my journey so far!!!). To give the rest of y'all some hope:

LizzyM 67
Accepted: Loyola Stritch
II: 5 (withdrawing from Rosalind Franklin and Albany after Loyola acceptance, so hopefully someone else on this thread gets my interview spots!!)
Rejection: 3
Hold: ~15 schools

Good things will happen with time- here's to resilience and hope for those with bad GPAs!!

Reactions: 11 users
Checking in!

LizzyM approx 69

Applied to 20 MD schools

- 2 II (state schools)
- 1 acceptance
- 1 rejection (Pitt)
- 17....SILENCE

I'm grateful for the acceptance...remember you just need one!! Although I really would like to at least hear back from some of these other schools...

Submitted primary first day and secondaries July-August.

From what I've been seeing...Bad GPA's we well... yes bad...But with a good MCAT they tend to over look this much more so than a bad MCAT with good GPA :/ Too bad I'm the later of the two :p

LizzyM ~66

2 interviews (state schools) MD
2 acceptances MD

Third interview is scheduled.

It is possible. Don't give up. You are more than just your numbers.

Reactions: 4 users
Joining this thread! LizzyM 68-69.
0 II
2 rejections
1 hold (three guesses and the first two don't count -_-)

Hoping for some good news soon! Congrats to the people that have had success thus far =D

Alright, I'll join in.

LizzyM 67

II: 1
Holds: 2
Rejections: 2
Silence: 19

Complete mid July - mid Aug

Here's hoping that post-Oct 15 brings some love!

Last edited:
Repost to hopefully start the week off with some good news!
:luck::xf::luck::xf:

II: 0 :thumbdown:
Rejections: 2 (Albany and USC) :thumbdown:
Hold: GW :thumbdown:

38 more schools to go and complete at most around 9/18.
Show me the love ad coms!!! :biglove:

Getting on the good-luck train and posting on this thread because as the great Michael Scott once said, "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little 'stitious.'"

II: 1 (IS)
R: 1
Hold: 1
~66, complete late August/early September.

Last edited:
For the first time in my life, I get excited for Monday's to come - I hope more ii's get dished out this week with people withdrawing their applications post acceptance elsewhere.

For the first time in my life, I get excited for Monday's to come - I hope more ii's get dished out this week with people withdrawing their applications post acceptance elsewhere.
Right there with you.

Really hoping for a good week!!! Lets all be showered with II's!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone in the same boat as me? Nothing but silence and holds and rejections so far? To think some applicants already got accepted on Oct 15 and we're just praying for IIs lol!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone in the same boat as me? Nothing but silence and holds and rejections so far? To think some applicants already got accepted on Oct 15 and we're just praying for IIs lol!

Relatively same boat as you. Have only 1 MD II whole cycle. Was complete mid July at most schools.

This struggle is so real.

Same boat...the SS Give Me an II Plz
Considering sending an SOS signal soon

LizzyM < 65 (depends on how GPA is calculated)
Nontrad
2 MD II's (surprise considering I'm shooting for DO)
1 DO II
All OOS
Many rejections and a few holds
Silence from all Texas schools (Texan. Given TMDSAS time frame can assume all rejections)

Primary complete in June but I work full time and am married so had to trickle them secondaries in. Still not done with a few secondaries yet.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edit: All holds are MD (more surprise)

Last edited:
3.3 science GPA. First acceptance and 8 more IIs to hear from!!!

I totally did not expect any of this. I enrolled in a SMP last year, but decided to just take a chance on applying first and withdrew. So glad I did. I wish you all the best of luck!!

3.3 science GPA. First acceptance and 8 more IIs to hear from!!!

I totally did not expect any of this. I enrolled in a SMP last year, but decided to just take a chance on applying first and withdrew. So glad I did. I wish you all the best of luck!!
Do you mind sharing your MCAT score? and congrats!!

Update:

LizzyM~64 (reinvention applicant)

MD
1 Acceptance
2 IIs
4 Rejections
16 still in the mix (all complete late July)

DO - Withdrawn

This thread really does bring good luck! I'm going to be a doctor guys!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
Hi Guys, I need a bit of friendly advice. I currently only have 1 II being complete at most schools in mid july-august, and am worried. I'm thinking of applying to a couple DO schools as a backup but I honestly know very little about them. The one's Im thinking of are CCOM, PCOM and Touro-NY. I know its already pretty late to start that but I think I maybe should? Its so expensive tho! Primary alone is over $250 and i'm trying to pay off all this debt... Do you think its time? and advice on those schools.

LizzyM 67, heavy research background, top public school, CA resident
II: Rosalind Franklin (mid november)
rejections: Tulane, BU, Case western college program
hold: GW
silence: 21

Hi Guys, I need a bit of friendly advice. I currently only have 1 II being complete at most schools in mid july-august, and am worried. I'm thinking of applying to a couple DO schools as a backup but I honestly know very little about them. The one's Im thinking of are CCOM, PCOM and Touro-NY. I know its already pretty late to start that but I think I maybe should? Its so expensive tho! Primary alone is over $250 and i'm trying to pay off all this debt... Do you think its time? and advice on those schools.

We are pretty much the same applicant. I too have only one II and a lot of silence. I would recommend applying to DO schools. Think of it like this: it's not too late to apply DO so there's still time, and it only raises you chances of acceptance to become a physician this cycle. Your alternatives are to stay the course and continue to worry, and who knows: maybe you're get a MD acceptance, maybe you won't and you'll have to apply next cycle. Applying DO cannot hurt you.

While it's true that applying DO won't hurt you, I'm just throwing it out there that it's still early in the cycle! Even if it doesn't feel like it (because we've been waiting for what feels like forever). Many schools interview through January, some as late as February and March. Just because you've got a lot of silence so far doesn't mean you won't get more II's and acceptances! Applications are expensive...

I feel you, though. I myself have had moments of panic, wondering if I've applied to enough schools given the fact that I've also only received 1 II so far... :nailbiting:

While it's true that applying DO won't hurt you, I'm just throwing it out there that it's still early in the cycle! Even if it doesn't feel like it (because we've been waiting for what feels like forever). Many schools interview through January, some as late as February and March. Just because you've got a lot of silence so far doesn't mean you won't get more II's and acceptances! Applications are expensive...

I feel you, though. I myself have had moments of panic, wondering if I've applied to enough schools given the fact that I've also only received 1 II so far... :nailbiting:

The only negative is the cost.... do you know if the DOs also have fees for secondaries? or is it all up front

The only negative is the cost.... do you know if the DOs also have fees for secondaries? or is it all up front
Touro's is $200. PCOM's is like $55. The problem with DO schools is the $1000+ non-refundable deposit due after you get accepted

LizzyM ~64

MD
1 II
0 Acceptances
1 Waitlist
1 On Hold
3 Rejections
Silence from 8 other schools

DO
2 IIs
0 Acceptances
0 Rejections
Haven't filled out all of my secondaries (waiting to hear back from one school first)

Felt so hopeful after that first MD interview I had... Then it all crumbled when I was waitlisted. :( Shooting for DO now, and we'll see what happens! Best of luck to everyone.

I've posted here twice in the last week and received 2 IIs in that time so heres another good luck post, since my first MD interview back in Sept ended with a rejection :(

Okayyyy. Posting for all this luck I keep hearing about. :p I'm borderline LizzyM 70 (only because of a retake). So if you average my MCATs, I'm below 70.

II: 2 (both in state)
One interview completed; they haven't started giving acceptances. One interview in 2 and a half weeks.
Silence: 8

I didn't apply to that many schools, but I'm still hoping for good luck from them and the schools at which I'm interviewing. :xf: Reapplicant.