Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! You're going to be a doctor!!

Thanks! I'm still in shock and keep rereading my letter make sure it says I'm in.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I'm still in shock and keep rereading my letter make sure it says I'm in.
Haha I've been that way for every step in this process. Sitting in bed at the hotel right before an interview...triple checking the date to make sure I'm there on the right day. Then when they are looking for my name tag I still panic..."what if it's not there???"

Good times.

Reactions: 2 users
Guys, a quick update. Accepted to a state school!
LizzyM ~68-69
Complete late sept to oct at most school
ORM
Ok ECs, maybe even below avg.
It's possible and I'm so thankful!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Updating for luck..lets make it a great December!!!
2 II 's..both in Dec.....one State school one OOS Private
9 Rejections.....ouch
waiting on 19 schools....
complete early Sept.
Only applied MD
NON URM

Last edited:
Update because of good news

LizzyM ~67
Applied 42 (30 MD, 12 DO)
5 II (4 attended)
2 Post-interview hold
1 Post-interview waitlist
1 Acceptance!!! (DO)

Update
Applied 22 schools (19 MD, 3 DO)
5 II's (4 attended)
2 post-interview waitlist/deference
3 pre-interview holds
1 acceptance (DO)
3 post secondary rejections
Silence from 11 schools (MD)

Haha I've been that way for every step in this process. Sitting in bed at the hotel right before an interview...triple checking the date to make sure I'm there on the right day. Then when they are looking for my name tag I still panic..."what if it's not there???"

Good times.

Haha yea this process seems to makes us all go a little crazy. Glad to see I'm not the only one

Thought I could post also

-LizzyM ~62/63
-Nontrad (veteran)
-Tons of clinical and leadership experience
-20 MD and 3 DO Applications
-6 pre-II rejections
-1 hold (survived the GW axe murder as well)
-Just got my first II last week from Ohio State, my state school and absolute number 1 choice so here is hoping all goes well
-Silence from all other 12 MD and 3 DO schools

Reactions: 6 users
Updating for some luck:

3II (2 attended, 1 very soon)
3 pre-II rejections (Mayo, Hofstra, Georgetown)
22 silences
0 acceptances

Complete at most schools late August to mid September. LizzyM around 68-70. Received the Georgetown rejection early this morning, which definitely hurt a bit. However, hoping as one door closes, another opens. Trying to stay positive.

Updating for luck:

5 II (3 Attended, one cancelled)
2 Acceptances
1 Pre-interview rejection
1 Pre-interview hold
Silence from the rest (I only applied MD).

Good luck guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected once again. Apparently i cant interview to save my life.

IT'S A NEW MONTH! Updating for goodluck!

Complete Mid August, LizzyM 69, NY Resident

MD
II: 1
Holds: 1
Rejections: 1
Acceptances: 0
Silence: 15

DO
Applied to 1 school --> ACCEPTED (NYCOM)

Super grateful for what I have already and will appreciate all the future love.

Time for another update:

II :3 (attended one so far)
Rejection: 4
Hold: 1
silence: 10

Good luck everyone!

So, I was complete at most schools 9/1. Heard back from a few schools in November, but it's been dead silence for a few weeks now, which would be fine, if I actually had an acceptance somewhere. The 3 month mark is still prime time...right? At what point do you guys think II's start to slow down?

Last edited:
So, I was complete at most schools 9/1. Heard back from a few schools in November, but it's been dead silence for a few weeks now, which would be fine, if I actually had an acceptance somewhere. The 3 month mark is still prime time...right? At what point do you guys think II's start to slow down?
If you already got some interview invites I wouldn't worry so much. we gotta hang in there!
I'm still waiting for an invite....

If you already got some interview invites I wouldn't worry so much. we gotta hang in there!
I'm still waiting for an invite....

Maybe, but the neuroticism is real and it's not over until there's a big fat acceptance letter in my mailbox!

When were you complete?

There is hope guys!

LizzyM ~63
Nontrad URM
1000+hrs of clinical experience (volunteering only)
27 MD and 13 DO Applications
8 pre-II rejections (MD) 4 (DO)
6 post-secondary holds
5 II - 3 DO, 2 MD (3 attended, 1 coming up, 1 undecided if I'll attend)
6 DO silence, 15 MD
2 acceptances (1 DO, 1 MD), 1 post-interview WL

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected once again. Apparently i cant interview to save my life.
Who knows.... after the two interviews I thought I absolutely bummed I was accepted, the one that I thought it went perfectly and I was on top of my game with no rambling or talking about boats and food I was WL!
There is no way of knowing if it was your interview skills or if you were just not a great match for the school. I feel that each school has it's own personality and look for people that will fit in.

Reactions: 1 user
Updating because why the hell not.

LizzyM ~65, nontrad, URM
1 II --> 1 MD Acceptance
1 Hold
5 rejections (6, if you count the UPenn status of death)
7 silence

SO happy and thankful for the one acceptance that I have! At the end of all this, I am going to be a doctor. But it's still frustrating to feel so completely confused and in the dark about how admissions decisions are actually made. Some days I feel like a stellar applicant, other days I feel like adcoms must have opened my file and laughed. :unsure:

Might as well update. Today has been a reject-fest for me.

LizzyM ~66, nontrad, heavy research
1 II (Pitt)
1 Hold (GW)
9 Rejections- UCLA (assuming because no secondary), USC, UCSF, UCD, Boston, Penn (assuming because of Status of Death), UWash (OOR), U of Wisconsin (OOS), and Rochester.
23 Silence

Still trying to keep positive.

Might as well update. Today has been a reject-fest for me.

LizzyM ~66, nontrad, heavy research
1 II (Pitt)
1 Hold (GW)
9 Rejections- UCLA (assuming because no secondary), USC, UCSF, UCD, Boston, Penn (assuming because of Status of Death), UWash (OOR), U of Wisconsin (OOS), and Rochester.
23 Silence

Still trying to keep positive.
UCLA did send a wave of pre-secondary rejections via email already so if you didn't receive that, then there's a chance that you're still in the running. :)

Updating :) LizzyM

Just got my second acceptance today so I'm really excited!!

Applied 13 schools
9 interviews
Attended/ing 4
2 acceptances :D

Keep hope alive! Good luck you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on your acceptances, assuming the MD one is UofA Tucson according to previous threads I've seen you in. I may be biased, but I think Arizona is beautiful ;)
Yes Mr. MadScientist :) R u planning on going to UA or one of the DO's?

Last edited:
Updating because why the hell not.

LizzyM ~65, nontrad, URM
1 II --> 1 MD Acceptance
1 Hold
5 rejections (6, if you count the UPenn status of death)
7 silence

SO happy and thankful for the one acceptance that I have! At the end of all this, I am going to be a doctor. But it's still frustrating to feel so completely confused and in the dark about how admissions decisions are actually made. Some days I feel like a stellar applicant, other days I feel like adcoms must have opened my file and laughed. :unsure:

That's awesome! I'm hoping my 1 II also becomes an acceptance. I haven't interviewed yet but I definitely have those days where I feel amazing and then I want to cry because why won't they love me? :(

So - I was just accepted to UCSD - my absolute top choice! :biglove: I've been basically convulsing in excitement for the past hour. With a LizzyM of 64, I literally didn't think this was possible! About to withdraw my other interviews and send in my matriculation paperwork. I hope you all get those spots!
CONGRATS!!!Do you mind sharing your non-numeric stats? I actually just added UCSD last month because I heard a similar story and it would be great to stay in CA... How long until you heard about II after the secondary? Way to go!!!

Thought I'd post here since I've been lurking this thread all cycle!

LizzyM ~65 (3.4 cGPA, with a 3.1 sGPA with D in Calc, D in Physics 1 which I'm retaking, C in Physics 2. MCAT 31).
I didn't expect to get far in this cycle because of my stats but I was very fortunate.

Applied to 13 MD, submitted 8 secondaries
1 pre secondary reject, 1 post secondary reject.
3 II resulting in 3 ACCEPTANCES!

I've gone ahead and withdrawn my applications from the other three schools I haven't heard back from as well as one acceptance from a school I wasn't 100% feeling. Now debating between state school and UVM because they're both perfect for me just very different in price and location.

I really think my letters and extensive employment in different medical fields helped me be so successful. I'm scared and excited and anxious for it to be 2016 already! Woohoo!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Thought I'd post here since I've been lurking this thread all cycle!

LizzyM ~65 (3.4 cGPA, with a 3.1 sGPA with D in Calc, D in Physics 1 which I'm retaking, C in Physics 2. MCAT 31).
I didn't expect to get far in this cycle because of my stats but I was very fortunate.

Applied to 13 MD, submitted 8 secondaries
1 pre secondary reject, 1 post secondary reject.
3 II resulting in 3 ACCEPTANCES!

I've gone ahead and withdrawn my applications from the other three schools I haven't heard back from as well as one acceptance from a school I wasn't 100% feeling. Now debating between state school and UVM because they're both perfect for me just very different in price and location.

I really think my letters and extensive employment in different medical fields helped me be so successful. I'm scared and excited and anxious for it to be 2016 already! Woohoo!!!

Congrats!

Which schools have sent out rejections so far? Hopefully you'll get a few interviews soon

at least no rejections yet :) waiting for my first interview as well! Good luck.

I recommend that you begin considering alternative paths into medical school! It's a wonderful idea to have a Plan B and Plan C. There are many ways to get to medical school. Considering all of your options can be empowering. I wish you all success!

Last edited:
anyone with a LizzyM <70 hear anything from Jefferson?

Hi! It's been a while since I posted in this forum, but YES!! I got an II from Jefferson like 2 weeks ago! OOS CA applicant 67-69 LizzyM.

UPDATE
LizzyM ~68

Interviews: 6 DO (4 attended), 5 MD (3 attended)
Acceptances: 3 DO
Holds/Waitlist: 1 DO, 2 MD
Rejections: 5 MD
Waiting on: 5 MD

Hoping for more MD love, but put in my DO deposit at CCOM this week! :)

Update! Just got an II at Einstein! This damn cycle ain't over yet! :heckyeah:

IIs: 2
Holds: 2
Rejections: 6
Silences: 5
Acceptances: 1
All MD

Reactions: 8 users
Just saw this thread and figured I'd join late.
LizzyM: ~65
Applied: 5 schools (all MD)
Rejections: 2 (and silence from another)
II--->acceptance: 2! (Both my state schools)

I'm applying during my gap year and my ECs are pretty strong. I didn't think I stood a chance this cycle but glad to see that numbers arent all that matter!

Haven't been in here in ages, figured I'd update for some more good luck

LizzyM ~68, not URM, 1st time applicant in a gap year, solid ECs but not amazing, complete all throughout September

3 II, got the third one this AM after 2 months of drought
2 holds
2 rejections
17 silence

Not accepted anywhere, but still waiting to hear back from my alma mater and my other state school so I have high hopes for another II or two coming after the new year and thus I'm feeling pretty good right now! Yesterday I was down in the dumps about not hearing anything in so long, thinking I was passed over by most schools by now, etc. Moral of the story is don't get in your own head too much, relax and don't over-analyze, and good things will come your way if they are meant to. My confidence did a complete U-turn from yesterday to today from one simple email. Hang in there friends!

If you did well at the school, do schools generally look favorably on their own alum?

Bold move only applying to five schools, but clearly it worked out very well for you! Congrats buddy! :)

Couldn't resist! It did pay off, but still couldn't resist haha

image.jpeg

Hello friends!

I hope you will accept me into this group (LizzyM just at 70). I have been following you all for the past few months and it has really helped me stay sane. I hope by posting here, I can contribute to this amazing thread and give hope/comfort to others!

WA resident, ORM
LizzyM 70
MD II: 4 (UW, Tulane, RWJMS, and OUWB)
Misc: Mayo LOR request! (Yes, I actually count this as a major achievement in my cycle. No shame!)
Rejections & holds: tons!
Silences: even more!

Wishing us all so much luck in these upcoming months!! :luck:
UPDATE: I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!

Accepted at Tulane yesterday :soexcited:

Also snagged another interview at SUNY Downstate bringing my total II count up to 5! All amazing schools. I am so so happy!

Good luck everyone! I hope this holiday season brings great news to all!!

Reactions: 15 users

Also snagged another interview at SUNY Downstate bringing my total II count up to 5! All amazing schools. I am so so happy!

Grats! Cant say its too surprising with a 33 MCAT and 3.7+ GPA though.

Just a pep talk real quick via pictures.....

Mainly for the ladies....
images.jpg

And for everyone
youcandoit.jpg

Keep rocking and rolling everyone! Plenty of II... and just any type of contact really... to be had!

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats!!!

I Finally have a positive update! Yay first II of the season!

LizzyM ~ 66-67 (new mcat)

IIs: 1
Holds: 0
Acceptances: 0
Rejections: 8 (all MDs)
Silence: 20 MDs, 1 DO

Reactions: 12 users
Update (Lizzy 66-67 new MCAT)

II: 2 (1 new II last week)
Holds: 4
Rejections: 4 (1 new--Rosy Frank)
Silence: 13 MD

Reactions: 4 users
Been awhile

II: 5 MD (2 unattended), 3 DO
Accepted: 1 DO
Waiting to hear: 2 MD, 1 DO
Waitlist: 1 DO
Rejected after interview: 1 MD

Have an interview this week and hoping for some good luck

Update (LizzyM ~ 67)

II: 7 MD, 1 DO
Accepted: 1 DO
Waiting to hear: 2 MD
Waitlist: 3 MD :nailbiting:
Rejected pre-interview: 4 MD

Really hoping I can break free from the waitlists and get an acceptance at an MD school! Good luck to everyone else still waiting!