Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow! I'm surprised schools are scheduling interviews so far out from the present. Three months in advance seems pretty crazy!

I wonder if many schools have already filled up their interviews for the entirety of spring. That can't be feasible, can it?

Yeah that's what I thought, but it actually makes sense. It's basically 2 months since my interview is the first week of March. I was invited to interview early September for a mid Nov spot for my other school.... sort of scary to think about. I'm guessing that as more people withdraw from their acceptances/interviews there will be more last minute invites sent out to fill up the spring slots not yet filled.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my 3rd II today!! I was super surprised to actually get one from RFUMS.
2 interview attended. Both resulted in a not accepted but not rejected decision.
1 rejection-tulane
2 holds-GW and Drexel
6 silence

Reactions: 1 users
Am I correct in my observation that there's a lot of silence out there right now? I have one II (attended, no decision yet) and absolutely no word from anywhere else...beginning to wonder if I'm waiting to be canned or just at the bottom of the barrel for interview consideration. Anyone else feeling largely overlooked?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you mad scientist...all of the schools I'm waiting on have rejected already, and all but two of them had already rejected me by this time last year. I guess it's not too late yet!

II today from VCU :) pleasant surprise

Reactions: 5 users
A lot of silence for me as well after attending two interviews. Hopefully we start getting more interviews after the new year holiday.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm going to join in this.

LizzyM ~65
Applied to 40 MD Schools
II: 1 ( waitlisted)
22 Rejections
17 silences

I HOPE THIS YEAR BRINGS ME GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 9 users
UPDATE - got into my first MD school! :)

LizzyM ~68
Interviews: 6 MD (3 attended), 6 DO (4 attended)
Acceptances: 1 MD, 3 DO
Holds/Waitlist: 3 MD, 1 DO
Rejections: 5 MD
Silence: 3 MD, 1 DO

Reactions: 12 users
Updating, hoping for some MD love on my birthday week:)

Applied 17 MD and 3 DO
5 II's, 4 MD's and 1 DO . Attended all but 1 which is coming up in February.
Accepted into 1 DO
Wait listed/ deferred at 2
No decision from 1
Rejected preII from 6 MDs
interview waitlist 2 DO's
Silence from 7 MDs.

Haven't been here in a few weeks, figured I might update for some late II good luck and acceptances! :)

5 MD II/ 3 DO II
Post-II: 1 MD Rejection, 2 MD Waitlists, and waiting on the rest (fingers crossed)/ 2 DO acceptances and a DO waitlist
Still waiting to hear back from about 10-13 total silences as well (more fingers crossed for some state school love), but I am super grateful to know I'm going to be a doctor in 2020!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Update because of more good news

LizzyM ~67
Applied 42 (30 MD, 12 DO)
6 II (6 attended)
2 Post-interview hold
1 Post-interview waitlist
1 waiting to hear back from
2 Acceptances!!! (1 MD and 1 DO)

Reactions: 7 users
I was rejected by UNMC a few weeks ago. My interview went really well (the interviewer said so) and I had been invited to an early interview date. Pretty disappointing.

MD:
3 II (2 attended)
1 Post interview hold
1 Post interview rejection
~5 Pre-interview rejections
Silence - Fair amount

DO:
4 II (3 attended)
3 acceptances
Deposit paid at KCU

My upcoming interview is at a reach school, and it's my first MMI...hoping for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Update:
6 II (4 attended)
3 Acceptances
1 post-interview hold
1 pre-interview rejection
1 pre-interview hold
6 silences

Waiting for a few more schools! Fingers crossed for something this week.

Update!! (probably last update?)

LizzyM 69
Applied: 33 Schools (2 DO)
II: 2 DO, 9 MD (Rochester, U Miami, LLU, Loyola, CNU, UCI, Gtown, Boston U, Temple U)
Rejections: 9 (Hofstra, UCSF, UCLA, UCSD, UCD, Tulane, Brown, Rosy Frank, USC)
Acceptance: 2 DO (Touro, WesternU) 2 MD (Loyola, LLUSM)
Waitlisted: 4 (Miami, UCI, Gtown, CNU)

One of my biggest goals/hopes for this app cycle was to get a CA MD school--I never thought I'd end up getting into LLUSM. I pretty much withdrew from everywhere else that hasn't rejected me yet. Also withdrew Rochester and Temple interviews. Only schools I've remained on the WL are Miami and UCI :)

Although to be honest, making a decision even just between two schools is tough. Every school I haven't withdrawn from are schools I'd love to go to, and I'm definitely a bit conflicted. I feel it's only fair for me to make that decision sooner rather than later though--if only for others who might really need a spot.

Putting in an update for some good luck this week!
LizzyM 69
4II (all attended)
1 Acceptance
1 Top 1/3 waitlist
2 post-interview still waiting

Still silence from a lot of schools

Lizzy M less than 65, heavy research, publication in progress, unique ECs

MD: complete at 16 schools since Oct/Nov (dead silence since then)

pre-II hold 2 other schools

Hoping for some good news this week! (or else I'll start preparing for next cycle)

Also watch what you say on here...
the adcom figured out who i was and apparently some of my posts weren't the most appropriate and that was actually used against me.
I was actually stunned for a moment, then desperately tried to recall everything I've ever said.

Omg... Schools really do this? This is creepy. Can I ask which school called you out? If you aren't comfortable with that, which region of the country was it in? I don't wanna run into a trap. Lol.

Omg... Schools really do this? This is creepy. Can I ask which school called you out? If you aren't comfortable with that, which region of the country was it in? I don't wanna run into a trap. Lol.
There is no trap. Just don't say anything stupid and you have nothing to fear

Updating for good luck!

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, and 2 non-rolling schools
2 Holds - withdrew from both
9 Rejections
Waiting on 8 more schools

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Still thrilled that you have had so much success this cycle! Awesome work buddy!

Thank you so much, and congratulations on all the success this cycle too! You're right, it has been a wild ride and I'm also relieved it's almost over. Still holding out for a few schools that're sending out IIs til the end of the month, but other than that, I'm super content.

posting for luck!!! :)

Lizzy M ~64-65
MD
Interviews: 0
Rejections: many :(
hold: Drexel, george washington, penn state, upstate, arizona-tucson

DO
interviews:2
rejections: 0
acceptances:1 (still waiting to hear back from the other one)
holds: azcom, kcom, lecom-b

fingers crossed :)

Jumping on the bandwagon and posting for good luck because the last time I posted here I got an II the following day lol

LizzyM~68-69
Applied MD schools only
4 II (all attended)
Acceptances: 0 (waiting for 3 decisions)
Waitlist: 1
Holds: 4
Rejections: 23
...and still a lot of silence

There are a lot of schools that have been rejecting pre-interview already and I haven't heard back so hopefully that means I'm still under consideration and not that my app got lost :nailbiting:

I need some luck now as I'm starting to get nervous. Lizzy M around 69 applied to only MD schools.

1 II that resulted in WL
2 holds
5 rejections
2 small pools/ eligible for interview
13 silence

I just want one acceptance so I can finally tell my family that all this money wasn't a waste!

I mean... as long as you've got the funds ya might as well...
I'm in the same anxiety ridden boat. Not hearing anything? Channel your racing thoughts into yet another application.
I have permanent crazy eyes.

Any news after your post-interview?

Deciding to hop on this just cuz why not?

LizzyM ~66
II-2 both DO, went to only 1
0 MD :/
Acceptance: 1 Acceptance at Touro!
2 pre-II holds (I think that's what their emails meant), 1 DO and 1 MD
Rejections: 15 (I think, too many to count)
Silence: 15

Silences suck but hey, at least they're from schools who sent out rejections already soooooo fingers crossed :xf:
I'm just happy I have an acceptance in my state which is where I wanted to practice so I ain't trippin

This thread has brought me luck before, so I'm really hoping for some more haha

Lizzy M~68
3 IIs
Still lots of silence
Finished most secondaries in August
A couple of holds

posting for luck!!! :)

Lizzy M ~66
Only applied to MDs
Interviews: 0
Rejections: 8 :(
hold: Drexel, NYMC, Albany

This entire process is nuts. I can honestly say I have hated every step of getting into medical school

LizzyM score of 68

14 secondaries sent
1 II
1 Acceptance
4 schools have yet to reply but I am assuming rejections at this point.

What a headache! I am just so grateful I have an acceptance somewhere

10 MD secondaries sent. LizzyM of current stats. ~66

1 II upcoming
5 rejections
4 silences. ... but I confirmed with these schools that no decision had been made on my file.... and in 1 instance, I had not been reviewed yet.

Last edited:
LizzyM: 66

5MD II
1 wait list
3 acceptances
Still waiting to hear back from 1

Tons of holds and rejections though

Any news after your post-interview?
I don't remember where I was in the application process when I posted that haha but yes! I've gone to 4 interviews... the first two resulted in acceptances and I'm still waiting to hear from the last two. :)

Edit: Received a wait list from one of the interviews... :( Drat!

Last edited:
Posting for good luck :p

LizzyM ~65
MD:
II: 0:(
Hold: 1
Rejections: Too many to count
Silence: 9

DO:
II: 1 pending

Posting to show that there is hope for those with low Lizzy M scores
Lizzy M ~60
MD Schools applied to: 8
II invites: 5
II attended: 3
Silence: 2
Rejections: 1
Acceptances: 3

Reactions: 14 users
LizzyM: 69

3MD II's, two WL's, one acceptance
3DO II's, 3 acceptances
On a bunch of interview holds/waitlists

I plan on sending an update to the schools who haven't axed me yet, to let them know I'm still alive and hungry for an II.
Hoping this tread brings me goodluck!!!
Goodluck to everyone else as well!

Updating because I need luck
Applied to 12 schools
2 Holds-GW and Drexel
1 rejection-Tulane
3 II- 2 attended, 1 scheduled at Rosy
Both attended interviews landed me in a "decision is that we haven't made a decision" letter.
Apparently one of those schools is starting to reassess apps like mine next week. Wish me luck!

Silence at 6

Update!
4 MD II, 2 DO II
2 MD acceptances, 1 DO acceptance. LizzyM 66. If I can do it, you can to0!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
***update- I'm going to be a doctor y'all! One acceptance it all it takes!!

Posting for luck!

LizzyM ~64

3 MD II (2 attended, the other attending this week)

1 wait list, 1 acceptance :)

8 rejections

Silence at 6

Sending update letters to those still silent, and hoping to get off of a wait list as they are both my home state!

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Update:
6 II (4 attended)
3 Acceptances
1 post-interview hold
1 pre-interview rejection
1 pre-interview hold
6 silences

Waiting for a few more schools! Fingers crossed for something this week.
Updating for good luck with a 7th II! Very excited to attend this one.

Lizzy M ~69. 3 MD II, and 3 MD acceptances. Officially done with this cycle, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 10 users
Updating - cycle's almost over, just a month of waiting left for me!

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, 1 waitlist (first-tier at Pitt, really hoping I get accepted), and 1 still waiting (Come on Harvard!)
2 Holds - withdrew from both
9 Rejections
Waiting on 8 more schools - sent updates to them hoping to snag one of the last interviews!

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Thank you for all the support during this difficult time. With LizzyM hovering around 65-66, I just got accepted to Pitt. I am very excited and thankful that they looked past my scores.

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to all holding an acceptance. Silent from 3, very thankful for 1 II; waiting patiently on the decision. LM=64

Updating with good news! (And a new puppy picture :))
LizzyM 69
5II (4 attended, 1 new)
2 Acceptances!
1 top 1/3 waitlist
1 Post Interview waiting
Hold: 4
Rejection 5

Still a lot to hear back from

Reactions: 14 users
Just received my first MD acceptance today! Reapplicant. Lizzzy M ~67. Don't give up!!! The feeling of this acceptance is surreal.

Reactions: 16 users
Ok people. I feel like I've been given a second chance at an MD acceptance. After a wait list that I expected, and a rejection that blindsided me, I thought my hope was gone. I have two late interviews lined up for the next few weeks. Both great schools. I'm confident but at the same time, I'm kind of freaking out. I could use all the good vibes you can spare!

Reactions: 19 users
I've been lurking on the thread for a while because you all have been so motivating to me throughout this process. I decided to post to hopefully provide some hope and motivation to someone else.

I received my first acceptance yesterday at my top choice where I didn't receive an interview until January. My three other interviews led to post-interview holds or waitlists so I assumed the same would occur this time, too. I'm a non traditional applicant with a LizzyM of ~62-63. I recently finished a post-bacc program where I performed very well which may be the only reason I received interviews to begin with. I had all but given up on the cycle when the phone call came in yesterday. There is still hope out there for those of you still waiting and the feeling of relief will be even more intense when that call does come.

Best of luck to those who are still waiting and congrats to all of you who have been accepted already. This process is brutal and I wouldn't wish the stress on anyone but the reward will be so worth it when we have the honor of calling ourselves "Doctor!"

Reactions: 15 users
Posting for an update
Applied to 12 schools.
3 II
2 attended (1 waitlist, 1 hold) and 1 in the upcoming weeks.
3 rejections-Tulane, USA and GW (<--super sad about that one).
Hold-Drexel

I haven't heard anything from UAB (not surprising at all), Temple, Jefferson, FSU (really not surprised) and Commonwealth.

Praying for an acceptance soon. I haven't been this wracked with nerves since before my MCAT. The two rejections last week didn't help too much.

Got my first interview of the cycle today! Super pumped!!! It ain't over, folks.

Reactions: 22 users