Official 2015-2016: LizzyM <70 thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess who hit 30 rejections this morning! :D
Still 0 acceptances so posting because I'm in dire need of good luck...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry to hear that. How many do you have left?
I've been waitlisted at 2, waiting for 2 post-interview (still haven't heard back from a September interview...), and silence from 20 (including some preII holds) but most of the schools I haven't heard back from do rejections at the very end.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guess who hit 30 rejections this morning! :D
Still 0 acceptances so posting because I'm in dire need of good luck...
Posted today and heard back today--another waitlist ///sighhhh
At this point I'm just gonna pray for a miracle to happen in the spring lol

Another update:
Lizzy around 68...

Just received my 9th II.
5 Interviews Attended (1 acceptance, 1 waitlist, 3 rejections)
2 Interviews Withdrawn
2 Interviews Pending

10 rejections and waiting to hear back from 7 more schools.

I was dead set on Drexel, my only acceptance. My fear of interviews is really there now, but I received an II today from Dartmouth. This is a school I've been interested in all along and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. So much for being set for the fall....

Reactions: 8 users
Updating!

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, 1 waitlist, waiting to hear from one more school soon
3 Withdrawals (2 from schools that put me on hold)
14 Rejections (including a nice triple combo from Yale, Michigan, and Hopkins last week)
Waiting on 2 more schools that interview til March

Best of luck to everyone, we're close to the end!!!

Another update:
Lizzy around 68...

Just received my 9th II.
5 Interviews Attended (1 acceptance, 1 waitlist, 3 rejections)
2 Interviews Withdrawn
2 Interviews Pending

10 rejections and waiting to hear back from 7 more schools.

I was dead set on Drexel, my only acceptance. My fear of interviews is really there now, but I received an II today from Dartmouth. This is a school I've been interested in all along and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. So much for being set for the fall....
I'm just remembering the good 'ole days when you were panicking that you didn't apply to enough schools :laugh:

Posting for exciting new update and good luck in the future! Have received 5 II and one acceptance since my last post!!!

LizzyM 62/63

-Applied 20 MD
13 pre-II rejections
4 II (Ohio State=deferred, Oakland=waiting for decision, NEOMED and Jefferson(Dr. Brooks is the best)=still to do)

-Applied 2 DO both II
OUHCOM=Accepted!!!!!!
LECOM=Withdrew

So pumped that no matter what I am going to be a doctor, lots of hard work paid off in the end with more to come. Can't wait!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Well, I write this post and final update as the season starts to wind down:

LM ~67

36 MD Schools Applied
4 Silence (2 holds)
5 Withdrawals
15 Pre-interview Rejections

12 II (11 attended, 1 withdrawal)
4 Waitlists (2 withdrawals)
2 Post-interview Rejections
2 Acceptances

Congrats to everyone, although I didn't post much, I regularly kept up with the thread for motivation and positive energy -- a true rarity on sdn!!!

Best of luck to those still waiting, never lose hope

Reactions: 10 users
LM: 69.5

3 II;

Still waiting to hear back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update for my favorite thread:

My two late interviews are both done and in the books. Both schools should get back to me within a month from now.
Good news:
-Both of these schools are slow to fill their class, so technically there are more seats open/decent shot at acceptance
-I loved both schools and felt very good about the interviews
Bad news:
-You never know because this whole process is soul-sucking, demoralizing, and seemingly without rhyme nor reason.
Infuriating/Good news:
-Spoke with the school that rejected me post-interview. All they could say as a reason for rejection was GPA and OOS status. Two things that are among the first things seen about me, long before I was invited to interview. This is really maddening, but at the same time, it alleviated some concern the rejection brought up about my interview skills.

Recap:
MD
4 II
1 WL
1 Rejection
2 Pending (Post II)

DO
3 II
3 Acceptances
Seat held at KCU

Good luck you guys, I'll let you know how things shake down.

Please give me some luck, guys!!

2 dream schools are getting back to me within the next 5 days. Five!!!!!!!!!!!

Every morning, I wake up thinking that that day is going to be the day. Every minute I would check my email/phone. Every night, I would go to sleep thinking the next day is the day.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please give me some luck, guys!!

2 dream schools are getting back to me within the next 5 days. Five!!!!!!!!!!!

Every morning, I wake up thinking that that day is going to be the day. Every minute I would check my email/phone. Every night, I would go to sleep thinking the next day is the day.
I'm getting to that point myself. Got a big decision coming up soon... Not expecting too much but still staying hopeful, just happy I even got to visit and interview.

Best of luck with your schools!! Hope good news comes your way.

Reactions: 1 users
Need luck y'all

My top choice is mailing me a letter that should be in tomorrow. I sincerely hope it contains an acceptance.

Reactions: 11 users
Posting for exciting new update and good luck in the future! Have received 5 II and one acceptance since my last post!!!

LizzyM 62/63

-Applied 20 MD
13 pre-II rejections
4 II (Ohio State=deferred, Oakland=waiting for decision, NEOMED and Jefferson(Dr. Brooks is the best)=still to do)

-Applied 2 DO both II
OUHCOM=Accepted!!!!!!
LECOM=Withdrew

So pumped that no matter what I am going to be a doctor, lots of hard work paid off in the end with more to come. Can't wait!!!

Add another MD II tonight from Wright State University, one I've been waiting and hoping for for a very long time now!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 5 users
Update because I browsed this whole thread in preparation for my AMCAS application and it helped me in this crazy process immensely. LizzyM of 66, ORM and applied to 20 schools. 1 DO acceptance, 3 MD II that turned into an MD acceptance at a state school yesterday!

Reactions: 12 users
Well, any luck today!? :)
No. Someone on that school's thread called the admissions office. Apparently, they just didn't mail the letters out last week. They said they would try to this week. However, a decision has been made.
No big deal. It's not like I am stressed or anything. I just hope I have some hair left on my head when the process is over.

PROCESS IS OVER FOR ME!!

I was not expecting a letter yesterday (Saturday). I almost didn't check the mail. However, I got my first acceptance! Since it was my top choice, I am done with this cycle.

I was so fearful that I couldn't get in. However, I did. The last 4.5 years have been worth it. I am still crying from happiness.

Reactions: 23 users
Two rejections today that came less than an hour apart from another xD

Bye bye Tufts and Loyola.
All I have left are Temple, USF, and Miami. Ideally, I'd love a Temple II.

I thought I'd add myself into here. LizzyM = 68.

3 IIs: U Arizona, U Vermont, and Jefferson University.
All three pending decisions... they're all supposed to get back to me this month. All I want for my birthday is a med school acceptance!

Reactions: 7 users
I thought I'd add myself into here. LizzyM = 68.

3 IIs: U Arizona, U Vermont, and Jefferson University.
All three pending decisions... they're all supposed to get back to me this month. All I want for my birthday is a med school acceptance!
Best of luck! I hope you get good news :D

Reactions: 1 user
Updating!

4 IIs attended - 2 acceptances, 1 waitlist, 1 rejection
3 Withdrawals (2 from schools that put me on hold)
14 Rejections
Waiting on 2 more schools that interview til March

My cycle's almost done. Overall, I'm happy with how this cycle went - Harvard and Pittsburgh were both really pleasant surprises considering my stats, and while I didn't get accepted to the former, I'm still happy I got the chance to visit and interview. Really hoping I get off the waitlist at Pitt, I love the city and the school and I'd really like to go back for med school.

Really rooting for everyone in this thread who's still waiting on decisions. Best of luck!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Been ages so I guess I'll update for luck.

5 II total with three interviews scheduled over the next 20 days.... Crunch time! No acceptances so far, please keep your fingers crossed for me friends!

5 II total with three interviews scheduled over the next 20 days.... Crunch time! No acceptances so far, please keep your fingers crossed for me friends!
Sending you positive vibes! Hope everything goes well!

Good vibes as well. I think cops deserve a lot of credit and to achieve their dreams, but also people that aren't cops.

In all seriousness, I've seen you around SDN, and I'm pulling for you!

Fellow ECU applicant feeling the pain of the waiting game

First acceptance!!! I'm going to be a doctor! (Jefferson is amazing in how quickly they get back to you in a week!) So happy right now, I literally cannot stop smiling.

Reactions: 20 users
Sending you positive vibes! Hope everything goes well!

Good vibes as well. I think cops deserve a lot of credit and to achieve their dreams, but also people that aren't cops.

In all seriousness, I've seen you around SDN, and I'm pulling for you!

Fellow ECU applicant feeling the pain of the waiting game

Thanks friends! Rooting for you guys as well. Always nice to be reminded of the level of camaraderie that exists in certain corners of this sometimes depressing site

And seriously, ECU is killing me! Pushing 5 months now... And here I thought I was a shoo-in. I guess on the flip side they haven't rejected me yet at least

Just got II #10!!! :D

Reactions: 9 users
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/06/ask-a-bartender-how-do-you-cut-someone-off-no-more-drinks.html

Ten is enough, go home and sleep it off. ;)

ba0acbe7dbb4caa25b1a9a07eceb17bb.jpg

No one should ever have a reason to drink 10 pbrs...

Just got rejected by one of my last two MD post II hopes. Woof.

Hello Everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for quite sometime as a fellow Lizzy M under 70 who will be applying next cycle.... You guys are giving me so much hope!! As of right now I am a Lizzy around 65 (MCAT 29) but retaking to hopefully get myself to around a Lizzy 68. I am coming up with my school list and I was hoping some of you could could quote this with some schools that offered II to Lizzy M 65-68. Any Advice would help. Goodluck to all you guys who are still waiting :)

Updating:
LizzyM ~65-66
2 IIs- Pitt and SUNY Downstate (today!)
1 Acceptance
A ton of rejections

The SUNY invite today was a shock, especially as an OOS.

LizzyM <70 here with 2 IIs and lots of rejections. Hearing back from both schools this week... :hungover:

LizzyM ~65- I applied pretty late in the cycle (September).

4 IIs (didnt apply to many, only applied where I knew I wanted to go ~6 schools)
3 Acceptances
1 top 25
1 top 20
1 top 10 (Yale)- the last school i applied to, the one i wanted most and one where i didn't think i had a shot...

I have strong research and pubs (PhD in biomedical field). Amazing journey, had no idea I would be in this position to have multiple options.

Let me know if you have any questions. Lord knows I got tons of help by reading these forums. Also lots of stress.....

Last edited:
It's been a while! This cycle is just about done for me, so I'll write one more post for posterity.

LizzyM <65
Applied: 25 MD
6II (3 waitlists: Rosy Frank, Morehouse, Hofstra, one assumed waitlist: Drew/UCLA, acceptances at Loyola Chicago and UWash)
3 pre-interview holds
14 rejections
Silence from 2

Couldn't have hoped for a better cycle; it's been a wild ride. High fives all around, guys :highfive:

Reactions: 10 users
Finally got my results!
LizzyM 69
II-5
Acceptances-2
HPWL-2
1 still waiting

Reactions: 8 users
Temple is LITERALLY the only school that still has me on the hook. As a local school, i want an interview so badly and im being hopeful that with the recent string of rejections...maybe this will happen.

One interview left now, though, USF.

Waiting to hear back from Albany and Dartmouth.

LizzyM ~68
I'll update the rest of my MDapps after the cycle :p my stats are somewhere on sdn should be that curious...

15 total rejections

10 IIs (2 withdrawn)
1 acceptance
1 waitlist
3 rejections :(

Updating:
LizzyM ~67-68
29 Rejections
4 Silent
1 Pre-II Hold (Drexel)
2 IIs (Jefferson & SUNY Downstate)
--> 1 HPWL (Jefferson)
--> 1 upcoming interview in 1 1/2 weeks at Downstate

Cross your fingers for me everyone! :xf: I'm really hoping to slay my Downstate interview to secure my spot as a medical student in the fall and then hopefully I can get into Jefferson from the HPWL at the end of April after "traffic day" - it's my top choice. AHHH so much anxiety... :nailbiting:

Updating:
LizzyM ~67-68
29 Rejections
4 Silent
1 Pre-II Hold (Drexel)
2 IIs (Jefferson & SUNY Downstate)
--> 1 HPWL (Jefferson)
--> 1 upcoming interview in 1 1/2 weeks at Downstate

Cross your fingers for me everyone! :xf: I'm really hoping to slay my Downstate interview to secure my spot as a medical student in the fall and then hopefully I can get into Jefferson from the HPWL at the end of April after "traffic day" - it's my top choice. AHHH so much anxiety... :nailbiting:
Praying that your interview goes well and you end up with an acceptance there and moved off the WL at Jefferson

Last edited:
LizzyM 64
Not URM or disadvantaged
2 IIs: 1 acceptance, 1 WL

Edit: both MD

Reactions: 3 users
I'm happy to come back here today to say my cycle is over. After close to 11 months, I got in to my first choice school and have withdrawn all my other apps.

Congrats to everyone who's done and good luck to those still waiting (Traffic day is just around the corner)!

upload_2016-3-24_9-52-32.png

I propose a toast to the best thread on SDN!

I'm happy to come back here today to say my cycle is over. After close to 11 months, I got in to my first choice school and have withdrawn all my other apps.

Congrats to everyone who's done and good luck to those still waiting (Traffic day is just around the corner)!

View attachment 201648
I propose a toast to the best thread on SDN!

What is traffic day? I've heard this reference before, but don't know what it is.

What is traffic day? I've heard this reference before, but don't know what it is.

It's April 30th, the day after which you can only hold one acceptance.

So basically its when waitlist spots open up and most of the waitlists actually start to move.