Official 2015-2016: No, I actually don't have a single interview thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

It's already January, how do you feel?

• Total voters

MerryMaryMerry

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is designed for discussion and support for those applicants that ACTUALLY have not yet received a single interview invite to an allopathic medical school as of Jan 2016. (If you've interviewed and are just waiting to hear back...please stay in the other thread). Tasteful trolling and or comic relief is encouraged.

Bonus points for those who have a solid, well-rounded application and just can't figure out why they've received zero interview invites. Let the poor souls unite.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yikes! Looks like I'm the only one here that hasn't gotten a single interview though....great to know.

Yikes! Looks like I'm the only one here that hasn't gotten a single interview though....great to know.
Maybe you can share this link in the other thread..just say its for peeps with no invites only..

Good luck to you OP, I hope you get an invite soon! And don't worry, you're definitely not the only one without an II.

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
Good luck guys. This process is long and stressful. My last invite came in april so don't give up hope just yet

Reactions: 8 users
At this point, I have lost all hope that I will get an interview :( It's so difficult to stay optimistic after sooo many months of radio silence from 16 schools.

I'm at 0 US MD interviews... One at Sackler in Israel but the rest are DO

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm right here with you @MerryMaryMerry I have 0 allopathic interviews, and 0 DO interviews. Albany rejected me today and I literally have NO idea what is going on - nobody likes me :(

I'll join you here! I just got rejected to my number one school today:vomit:. I'm hoping to hear some positive news soon from one of the 9 schools still remaining.

joining in as well since the other thread seems to have gone off course. 6 Rejections, 1 Hold, 12 Silence with 76 LizzyM and pretty ashamed with myself

joining in as well since the other thread seems to have gone off course. 6 Rejections, 1 Hold, 12 Silence with 76 LizzyM and pretty ashamed with myself
That's really weird. Is there anything glaringly missing on your application, like volunteering, shadowing, research, etc.? When did you submit your application? Don't feel ashamed. It was six months before I got my first II.

Did you apply to your state school? Unless you're from California of course

Yes, let's keep this thread on-track, misery loves company :). don't feel ashamed! I'm sort of in the same boat, not sure what I've done wrong with my app. But we can focus on getting feedback from medical schools about how to improve our apps.

That's really weird. Is there anything glaringly missing on your application, like volunteering, shadowing, research, etc.? When did you submit your application? Don't feel ashamed. It was six months before I got my first II.
shadowing would be the only thing glaringly missing, but I thought I could make up for it with clinical exposure via volunteering. Also from CA and submitted secondaries between Aug and Sep.

I just wanted to drop in and say don't give up hope guys! My girlfriend didn't get any interviews until March and got accepted in June! There's still a chance!

Reactions: 13 users
I just wanted to drop in and say don't give up hope guys! My girlfriend didn't get any interviews until March and got accepted in June! There's still a chance!
that gives me such hope, as I just got rejected from another school!

dartmouth rejected me today as well

Just chiming in to say even if this application cycle doesn't pan out, it's not the end of the road. I know this is not really what you want to hear at the moment, but the extra time off I had to take in order to reapply with a stronger app turned out to be some of the best years of my life.

Reactions: 2 users
Just chiming in to say even if this application cycle doesn't pan out, it's not the end of the road. I know this is not really what you want to hear at the moment, but the extra time off I had to take in order to reapply with a stronger app turned out to be some of the best years of my life.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do during your gap years? I've already taken two...

Still waiting on 17 schools, pre-II hold at 1.

Took the mcat 2015 but haven't scored as well as my practice tests (CARS was my lowest) but since I submitted my primary before results, I decided to continue with the cycle considering my good gpa, great research experience + ECs.

Going to start studying for a retake either in April or May...given the silence I would prefer preparing a stronger app for next cycle

If you don't mind me asking, what did you do during your gap years? I've already taken two...

Don't feel bad about that at all, I've taken 3. Year 1 I was taking a couple prereqs and working part time (this was my first app cycle), Year 2-3 I got a full time job working in social services in a clinical setting.

I'm at zero as well. Got rejected today from VCU. Still waiting to hear back from 11 schools. Short of redoing my undergrad, I'm beyond hope for improving my application so this will probably be my last time applying.

I'm at zero as well. Got rejected today from VCU. Still waiting to hear back from 11 schools. Short of redoing my undergrad, I'm beyond hope for improving my application so this will probably be my last time applying.

How do your stats/EC's look, if you dont mind me asking?

How do your stats/EC's look, if you dont mind me asking?
Low GPA (with upward trend but first year really destroys my overall average), 77th percentile MCAT, shadowing, clinical experience with more than 500hrs, other ECs as well over the last 10 years. Masters degree with high GPA and research experience. Plus a lot of varied work experience, not sure how that plays into my application though.

I don't really believe studying for the MCAT would yield better results as I studied quite hard this time around, but it seems no matter what I do my first year grades will forever haunt me.

Low GPA (with upward trend but first year really destroys my overall average), 77th percentile MCAT, shadowing, clinical experience with more than 500hrs, other ECs as well over the last 10 years. Masters degree with high GPA and research experience. Plus a lot of varied work experience, not sure how that plays into my application though.

I don't really believe studying for the MCAT would yield better results as I studied quite hard this time around, but it seems no matter what I do my first year grades will forever haunt me.
story of my life. during undergrad, I had a medical issue and it tore my grades apart. I took off four gap years where I was working and dealing with the medical issue. Then did a masters, graduated, and applied this cycle, so I have five gap years in total. I never got to enjoy them as I had health to deal with and now after five years, I just want to be a doctor already.

Have you thought about DO? Would re-taking some science classes to replace those first year grades help at all?

Have you thought about DO? Would re-taking some science classes to replace those first year grades help at all?
the masters classes should supplement those science classes / aka show an upward trend, so retaking science classes wouldn't help. if you can handle the masters level work with a high GPA, you're solid. DO is great @Ari77 I applied to DO, haven't heard anything, but if I get in, I am 100% going.

I've been accepted to DO schools, but I also applied to all my in-state Florida MD schools (except UF) and it's been pretty much radio silence. I went out of state for my undergrad and Master's degrees, and I feel like all the Florida schools are mad at me for that. I have good undergrad GPAs, great MS GPA, poopy MCAT score (had a bad day), but excellent ECs. Did not plan to retake the MCAT unless I didn't get in anywhere this cycle. I love DO, but would like to go back to Florida for med school...we shall see but I highly doubt that will be the case.

had no idea this thread existed but I'm with you guys. 0 II

are you guys planning on applying again right this coming June?