Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Think the new MCAT has something to do with it? Would definitely be encouraging for us this late in the timeline.

From what I have seen on here no, they are simply using percentiles to compare and not much is changing.

Let's all agree to not be sad until *at least* Thanksgiving. I'm having a pretty downer day today, but I know there are still a couple days left in the month where we might hear back :/ Visiting school-specific pages is getting depressing xD

Reactions: 1 users
Let's all agree to not be sad until *at least* Thanksgiving. I'm having a pretty downer day today, but I know there are still a couple days left in the month where we might hear back :/ Visiting school-specific pages is getting depressing xD

So many acceptances in those pages... Gaaaahhhh. I want an II!

Reactions: 3 users
I really really did not expect to be ignored by so many schools even in mid November :(

Reactions: 4 users
So many acceptances in those pages... Gaaaahhhh. I want an II!
I really really did not expect to be ignored by so many schools even in mid November :(

Have you guys all sent in LOI or updates yet? I am not sure if that would help

Have you guys all sent in LOI or updates yet? I am not sure if that would help
I sent a mild update (new volunteering started, new planned, single course update, activity for work) to a few schools. One because I thought I could also emphasize why I wanted to be in their state (not a resident, have "weak" ties by SDN standards, but strong interest in the school), one that I know my app was already reviewed/held, etc. Not doing it for all of my programs, not expecting much.

I just got an email saying I registered for the NursingCAS system... Which is used to apply to nursing schools? Maybe one of my schools took the liberty of signing me up.

Just an FYI..if anyone applied to NYMC II's were pretty often in December..8 days...a few in Jan, Feb March and into April. Pre II rejections went out Dec 11, Jan 14,16 and 20 and Feb 3. Maybe some hope!

There were a couple pre-II rejections in the NYMC thread today. And people complete with the September Casper

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There were a couple pre-II rejections in the NYMC thread today. And people complete with the September Casper
Well I didn't get rejected so I guess that's good news

:playful:

Reactions: 4 users
I just want an acceptance to Hogwarts. Thats all. NYMC can do whatever they want at this point.

Reactions: 5 users
I know tulane has been throwing its axes everywhere but somehow i have dodged it so far but what matters is 0 II hahha

Activity at Tufts now...get your bullet proof shield ready!!!

I just want an acceptance to Hogwarts. Thats all. NYMC can do whatever they want at this point.
An acceptance at Hogwarts and an acceptance in med school this cycle seem to have similar probabilities at this point for me. BUT I will try to take the wise and encouraging advice on this thread to try to be less of a sad panda until *at least* Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 2 users
Wow we survived!!
Not me, I was one of those slaughtered :clap:. I don't know what was more painful: The rejection or the CASPER process/secondary fee, I'm thinking the latter. Oh well, I don't believe I'm beautiful enough for NY anyways ;)
I'd even be thrilled with Hufflepuff. However this app process is making my mental makeup more akin to that of Slytherin.

Reactions: 1 user

I guess I am still in the race!!

seriously.... when will these schools get back to me!!11??!

secondary submitted for NYMC in 30 July and did the August CASPR

Not me, I was one of those slaughtered :clap:. I don't know what was more painful: The rejection or the CASPER process/secondary fee, I'm thinking the latter. Oh well, I don't believe I'm beautiful enough for NY anyways ;)

I'd even be thrilled with Hufflepuff. However this app process is making my mental makeup more akin to that of Slytherin.

Just think that NY is not good enough! Hopefully better things are waiting just around the corner :)

Some GT II's being sent now...can we pray?

Haha, I've applied to and been rejected by so many schools, I had to check my Excel sheet to see if I had received a rejection from Tufts.

Reactions: 10 users
Haha, I've applied to and been rejected by so many schools, I had to check my Excel sheet to see if I had received a rejection from Tufts.

Lol I thought I got rejected from Tutfts, and I went on thinking that for weeks, but then a few days ago I realized it was a dream.

You seem to be following all the school threads. Can I give the list of schools that have ignored me and you tell me if that's good or bad news? :p

I am drowning in a sea of non existent II's

:/ Discouraged thursday

Reactions: 6 users
Any idea of how much activity goes on around thanksgiving? I would love an excuse to not excessively check my email next week...

Any idea of how much activity goes on around thanksgiving? I would love an excuse to not excessively check my email next week...
I got an II on thanksgiving for an interview on Valentine's day my first year applying. So it can happen!

Reactions: 6 users
I got an II on thanksgiving for an interview on Valentine's day my first year applying. So it can happen!
Thanks a lot. Now I'll have my laptop at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Thanks a lot. Now I'll have my laptop at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
FWIW I saw mine after I woke up from the tryptohpan food coma and hadn't looked all day. That is probably the reason I got it. So you now have no choice but to relax, enjoy your family time, and be surprised when you get an II!

Man... i would really love to have 2 more IIs or an II from one of my top choices :(

I did not put so much sweat and tears into 21 secondaries and 3200 dollars only so that 19 schools will reject me pre-interview

Man... i would really love to have 2 more IIs or an II from one of my top choices :(

I did not put so much sweat and tears into 21 secondaries and 3200 dollars only so that 19 schools will reject me pre-interview
I dont know how I will have the money to possibly do this again.

Yea, I can totally relate to this right now.

Yea, I can totally relate to this right now.

Correction I have actually 17 schools from which to hear

I have 2 pre-interview rejection

last week from UA Phoenix

And George Washington's rejection i found last night in my spam box dated 1 month ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction I have actually 17 schools from which to hear 2 pre-interview rejection last week from UA Phoenix

And George Washington's rejection i found last night in my spam box dated 1 month ago
Is your acceptance an MD school?

I'm still waiting for that II. MD or DO.

Keep your head up, y'all. I applied last year and ended up stuck in WL purgatory only to reapply this year. That being said, excluding 1 early interview (at the only school that rejected me outright post-interview, didn't fit the mission), I had all of my other IIs later than this. One came a year ago tomorrow and the others were in mid-December. Schools are still moving, and I know for a fact that there were multiple acceptances from my interview days and no school was "interviewing for wait list spots" as you tend to hear. While it didn't work out for me last cycle, I know for a fact it worked out for others, so there's still a chance!

Reactions: 12 users
Keep your head up, y'all. I applied last year and ended up stuck in WL purgatory only to reapply this year. That being said, excluding 1 early interview (at the only school that rejected me outright post-interview, didn't fit the mission), I had all of my other IIs later than this. One came a year ago tomorrow and the others were in mid-December. Schools are still moving, and I know for a fact that there were multiple acceptances from my interview days and no school was "interviewing for wait list spots" as you tend to hear. While it didn't work out for me last cycle, I know for a fact it worked out for others, so there's still a chance!
May i just ask how many II you ended the cycle with?

Ok Take cover Hofstra rejections now....

If there was an dislike bottom, I would click it

That's alright. I know they favor low gpa/high MCAT and I'm the opposite so it wasn't too surprising!

Still in the running for a lot of schools in very excited about :)