Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dodged all today except for Hofstra. What other schools were giving out rejections :(
Hofstra mainly. I saw Albany was giving out holds and Einstein was giving out II s. I was only part of the Hofstra slaughter.

Members don't see this ad :)
But your stats! I was for sure that you would have multiple interview invites at this point with your very high caliber academic profile.

What a crapshoot.
It's my ECs. Still sitting on 1 MD II at least, hopeful for others

Reactions: 1 user
It's my ECs. Still sitting on 1 MD II at least, hopeful for others

Well at least those are easy to fix. You told me it was your ECs before, but I forgot.

Members don't see this ad :)
The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. If your status changes, you will receive an email regarding your recent status update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The committee's file review indicates that they would like to consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so through February. Unfortunately, the committee indicates interest in far more candidates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. If your status changes, you will receive an email regarding your recent status update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
? Which school.

Winner, I could recognize a VCU status from a mile away.

+1. It still baffles me that I'm still not complete at 2 schools (UVM and VCU). Just goes to show how much this cycle tests your patience

Reactions: 1 users
are y'all gunning for MD only or waiting to hear from DO as well?

Thanks a lot. Now I'll have my laptop at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

I'll have a goblet of red wine.

are y'all gunning for MD only or waiting to hear from DO as well?

MD only this year, will throw some DO's in next year if I have to reapply...if I'm not already committed to the psych ward by then :boom:

Reactions: 2 users
man -- it's still soooo quiet out there!

I realize there are thousands of applicants...but I just don't understand how I could be complete in July/August and still haven't heard a single peep from places.

Reactions: 4 users
I realize there are thousands of applicants...but I just don't understand how I could be complete in July/August and still haven't heard a single peep from places.

This. I wonder this every single day

Hofstra mainly. I saw Albany was giving out holds and Einstein was giving out II s. I was only part of the Hofstra slaughter.

Got a hold from Albany in October and got hit with the Hofstra fire yesterday

--Sittin pretty with a whole 14 silences and starting to get concerned.

Hopefully next week brings some news as I just hit the 8 week mark, but until then :whistle:

I'll be complete 10 weeks at most schools on Monday. Maybe that means I'll hear good news these next 2-3 weeks :)

(Desperately hoping)

I'll be complete 10 weeks at most schools on Monday. Maybe that means I'll hear good news these next 2-3 weeks :)

(Desperately hoping)

I'm at about 15 weeks for many schools. I'm hopeful for both of us!

(Desperately hoping)

Didn't actually count it out until now. Apparently I'm at or hitting 10 weeks out over the next few days.

This process is really pushing me to an edge. I'm normally a pretty calm person, but I think smoking would have been much better for my health than this past year (work, school, health issues, MCAT, essays, bottomless pit of application fees, etc).

So. Friggin. Anxious.

Maybe I'll take up yoga. Or black diamond skiing.

Reactions: 5 users
This process is really pushing me to an edge. I'm normally a pretty calm person, but I think smoking would have been much better for my health than this past year (work, school, health issues, MCAT, essays, bottomless pit of application fees, etc).

So. Friggin. Anxious.

Maybe I'll take up yoga. Or black diamond skiing.

Amen, i am getting hooked back to body conditioning and Tae Kwon Do during my free time

I'm complete at about 10 weeks for most school. Idk how I can handle much longer, driving me nuts.

I have been complete for about 14 weeks...starting to lose hope...17 schools silence with two reaches (Emory and Columbia)

For those who applied to Einstein..I did my detective work on last years thread and noticed a bunch of invites starting 12/02, 12/9, 12/10 & 12/11. Pre II rejections began on 1/7 and went on alot into January. First group of acceptances was 2/3. Not saying this means anything. But this give me hope for December. I also did notice the MCAT for acceptances were quite often in the low 30 range. I only looked through Feb. I got tired. LOL.

Reactions: 6 users
I really enjoy the camadrie amongst us in this thread

I was a member of this thread earlier on and I completely agree! Everyone is so friendly and it makes it a little more bearable to realize that there are many people still waiting for interviews and still supporting one another.

For those who applied to Einstein..I did my detective work on last years thread and noticed a bunch of invites starting 12/02, 12/9, 12/10 & 12/11. Pre II rejections began on 1/7 and went on alot into January. First group of acceptances was 2/3. Not saying this means anything. But this give me hope for December. I also did notice the MCAT for acceptances were quite often in the low 30 range. I only looked through Feb. I got tired. LOL.

If I ever need a private investigator I may be giving you a call

Do you know when those people were complete that got the Dec invites?

I'm 515/3.85, complete end of August to beginning of September. So very similar to you. I haven't heard anything back yet either, but I'm hoping schools are just kind of sluggish this year and we'll hear soon!

I wonder if we will see a huge amount of movement all of a sudden since apparently schools are all "behind" or if it will slowly continue to trickle through December/January...

I wonder if we will see a huge amount of movement all of a sudden since apparently schools are all "behind" or if it will slowly continue to trickle through December/January...

I vote for huge amount of movement all of a sudden. :xf: (Lol, but really, it will slowly continue to trickle for us. To the adcoms, it probably feels like an endless deluge.)

As the wise Goro has said...I have been extremely patient...But with the holidays approaching and my apprehension rising...if one more f*ckin person asks me if I've gotten in yet--as if they are just throwing acceptances out like free t-shirts at a baseball game--or how the process is going I will literally lose my mind.

Reactions: 17 users
As the wise Goro has said...I have been extremely patient...But with the holidays approaching and my apprehension rising...if one more f*ckin person asks me if I've gotten in yet--as if they are just throwing acceptances out like free t-shirts at a baseball game--or how the process is going I will literally lose my mind.

Yea exactly. You know what else becomes annoying? When people ask you over and over, "Where do you want to go?" Its like "Do I look like a genius, because that's the requirement to actually be able to choose where you go?" I wish the general public knew how insanely hard it is to get into med school if you aren't a genius. Most the of the public knows its tough, but they dont know exactly how tough it is. I guess I cant blame them, but that question "Where do you want to go?" is asked way too much.

I just tell people something to this effect: "Its hard and you pretty much dont get to choose where you go." You are lucky to get even 1 acceptance. I tell them I have a few DO acceptances, and they are just like is that "chiropractor school?" I'm like :(

Reactions: 10 users
Yea exactly. You know what else becomes annoying? When people ask you over and over, "Where do you want to go?" Its like "Do I look like a genius, because that's the requirement to actually be able to choose where you go?" I wish the general public knew how insanely hard it is to get into med school if you aren't a genius. Most the of the public knows its tough, but they dont know exactly how tough it is. I guess I cant blame them, but that question "Where do you want to go?" is asked way too much.

I just tell people something to this effect: "Its hard and you pretty much dont get to choose where you go." You are lucky to get even 1 acceptance. I tell them I have a few DO acceptances, and they are just like is that "chiropractor school?" I'm like :(
Ha! The average person has no clue.

Lol for reals. The next time someone asks me where I want to go, I'm going to say "do I look like a genius to you?"

Lol for reals. The next time someone asks me where I want to go, I'm going to say "do I look like a genius to you?"
I tell people that I'm not sure if I'm going to be finished with all the med school science requirements on time for this cycle. I might have to wait until next year. Not sure yet. And then I shrug my shoulders.

Ha! The average person has no clue.

I just say, literally anywhere that accepts me because I can't be choosy lol. And then I just say applying to med schools is super competitive and leave it at that. Usually people understand when you let them know how many people apply a year. I like to say every year there are 50,000 applicants and only 20,000 people get in, so you do the math.

I just say, literally anywhere that accepts me because I can't be choosy lol. And then I just say applying to med schools is super competitive and leave it at that. Usually people understand when you let them know how many people apply a year. I like to say every year there are 50,000 applicants and only 20,000 people get in, so you do the math.

If there was no DO bias in residency matches, I would have left this thread a while ago as I dont care about the title behind my name. But entering medical school knowing that you are already at a severe disadvantage for residency matching is just a soul crusher. Thats why I'm vying for 1 MD school, and thats why I'm still in these threads.

Reactions: 4 users