Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd like everybody's opinion on this: I haven't applied to any DO schools. If I were to apply to a DO school this late, would they use my application to roll a cigar, or would it actually have a chance? Should I just leave well-enough alone and apply next year without the reapplicant red flag for DO schools?
The DO adcoms on here have mentioned that although the DO cycle goes longer, that generally December is the latest you should have your secondaries in. Now that we're in February I don't think it'd be a good idea to apply DO this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just realized that I'm actually much younger than I thought I was. You see, I was under the impression that 8-10 weeks was roughly two months, or about 1/6 of the Earth's rotation around the sun. But I was wrong this entire time. According to the all-seeing medical schools, 8-10 weeks actually means six months or more, meaning that I am only 8 years old. This would likely make me the youngest person to ever graduate college in the United States, an accomplishment I will use to update medical schools and receive many glorious acceptances.

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized that I'm actually much younger than I thought I was. You see, I was under the impression that 8-10 weeks was roughly two months, or about 1/6 of the Earth's rotation around the sun. But I was wrong this entire time. According to the all-seeing medical schools, 8-10 weeks actually means six months or more, meaning that I am only 8 years old. This would likely make me the youngest person to ever graduate college in the United States, an accomplishment I will use to update medical schools and receive many glorious acceptances.
The banana has officially lost it

Reactions: 8 users
Wait listed today at my top choice. And I have no more interviews :(

Nope. Was rejected at another school post interview pretty early in the cycle. This school has a priority and regular wait list and seems I'm on the regular one which sucks too. The only good thing is that it's a new school and so they don't know how many people to accept to fill the class so they don't over accept at all

Wait listed today at my top choice. And I have no more interviews :(
Im very sorry...I may be in your shoes soon so I feel your pain. Do you have any other school that you think you may get an invite at?

Im very sorry...I may be in your shoes soon so I feel your pain. Do you have any other school that you think you may get an invite at?
I'm holding out hope for temple, but maybe that's it at this point. Some of my schools that are silent have rejected already, but who knows

I'm holding out hope for temple, but maybe that's it at this point. Some of my schools that are silent have rejected already, but who knows
I have hope for a few and temple is one of them as well. What bothers me most is they havent rejected yet.

I have hope for a few and temple is one of them as well. What bothers me most is they havent rejected yet.
That bothers me too. My weak point of my application is the MCAT so I have to start studying for a retake now, but it's so hard to study when I still have schools to hear from

Nope. Was rejected at another school post interview pretty early in the cycle. This school has a priority and regular wait list and seems I'm on the regular one which sucks too. The only good thing is that it's a new school and so they don't know how many people to accept to fill the class so they don't over accept at all
I'm sincerely sorry. I know how much it hurts. As our colleagues on this thread have indicated today, it is still possible to receive interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sincerely sorry. I know how much it hurts. As our colleagues on this thread have indicated today, it is still possible to receive interviews.
I wish I wouldn't have let myself fall in love with the school so much haha then maybe itd hurt less

I wish I wouldn't have let myself fall in love with the school so much haha then maybe itd hurt less
I know, I'm going through the same thing and it's the absolute worst feeling in the world. The way I see it is that some people will just waltz into medical school without a problem, and some people have to crawl in through the vent and fall into medical school beaten and bloodied. But at the end of the day they're in medical school, and that's all that matters.

Reactions: 5 users
I know, I'm going through the same thing and it's the absolute worst feeling in the world. The way I see it is that some people will just waltz into medical school without a problem, and some people have to crawl in through the vent and fall into medical school beaten and bloodied. But at the end of the day they're in medical school, and that's all that matters.
thanks for the encouragement. i know eventually, we'll be doctors! i had someone very close to me go through the same thing and ended up getting accepted off a wait list so there is hope!

thanks for the encouragement. i know eventually, we'll be doctors! i had someone very close to me go through the same thing and ended up getting accepted off a wait list so there is hope!
I have no confidence in wait lists. If there is some kind of miracle and I get in off a waitlist, so be it. But for now I'm treating them as rejections. Honestly, the thought of reapplying doesn't sound that bad. I think that a year without school just working in healthcare sounds like it could be a great experience. In fact, even the process of not getting interviews and getting countless rejections has brought a lot of good to my life, in spite of how badly it has sucked.

I have no confidence in wait lists. If there is some kind of miracle and I get in off a waitlist, so be it. But for now I'm treating them as rejections. Honestly, the thought of reapplying doesn't sound that bad. I think that a year without school just working in healthcare sounds like it could be a great experience. In fact, even the process of not getting interviews and getting countless rejections has brought a lot of good to my life, in spite of how badly it has sucked.
I definitely agree with being a reapplicant not being so bad. Im going to have to retake the MCAT though, which isn't gonna be fun haha but if I have to do it, so be it. I know there are ways I can improve my application and I'm willing to do whatever it takes

It's not a goal if you haven't failed trying to achieve it. I'm a re-applicant and I absolutely love all of the experiences I've had along my detour! You'll get there eventually, and the difference in age of a couple years is hardly a skidmark on the underpants of the med school app crap-shoot.

...and a pre-II rejection on top of the waitlist today, hoping the rest of this week is better!

haven't posted on here before, but been a long-time lurker. Got three rejections today (most i've gotten in a day), BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE I ALSO GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! YAYYYYY :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 25 users
promise to respond here later, but just shouting out another pre-II rejection: TCMC

Complete at 22 schools in August. Didn't hear much these past 6 months except for 6 post-secondary rejections, really started to lose hope for a while and began preparations to apply again next cycle. Finally, this morning, received my first II at EVMS! I'm stoked beyond belief right now can't wait to visit later this month. Thanks to everyone offering support in this thread really helped keep me sane throughout this grueling process. Wish me luck!!

Reactions: 13 users
Kind of getting worried that UIC's not going to review me before all of the interview spots are taken. :( They didn't tell me that they weren't going to accept one of my letters because my prof didn't put it on letterhead, which delayed my app complete date. I had to call on it to ask what was up. I had another right on hand, thank goodness. But.... this was one of the schools I had been hoping on.

Complete at 22 schools in August. Didn't hear much these past 6 months except for 6 post-secondary rejections, really started to lose hope for a while and began preparations to apply again next cycle. Finally, this morning, received my first II at EVMS! I'm stoked beyond belief right now can't wait to visit later this month. Thanks to everyone offering support in this thread really helped keep me sane throughout this grueling process. Wish me luck!!
Thats awesome..did you ever call or update?

Kind of getting worried that UIC's not going to review me before all of the interview spots are taken. :( They didn't tell me that they weren't going to accept one of my letters because my prof didn't put it on letterhead, which delayed my app complete date. I had to call on it to ask what was up. I had another right on hand, thank goodness. But.... this was one of the schools I had been hoping on.
That's messed up...what was your completion date?

It seems like schools have been awfully busy today with interviews, rejections, and acceptances. I haven't heard a peep.

Reactions: 4 users
That's messed up...what was your completion date?

They marked me complete Nov 4th, right after I sent in the replacement letter. It's late, but it didn't have to be quite so much so. Learned in case there's a next time, question stuff early. Don't be worried about bugging people.

They marked me complete Nov 4th, right after I sent in the replacement letter. It's late, but it didn't have to be quite so much so. Learned in case there's a next time, question stuff early. Don't be worried about bugging people.
If it's any solace, I submitted in July and they didn't even begin looking at my application until December.

It seems like schools have been awfully busy today with interviews, rejections, and acceptances. I haven't heard a peep.
I've heard nothing today. But the school I'm waiting to hear back from usually sends out decisions on Tuesday and Wednesday.... So we will see in a couple of days.

Nothing here either. I think I've been forgotten.
Dear LuluLovesMe,
After careful review of your application, the Admissions Committee of Bananafish Medical College was impressed with your record and would like to extend you an interview invitation.
To schedule an interview, please consult the carrier pigeon that should be arriving at your place of residence shortly. We very much look forward to meeting you and we appreciate your continued interest in our program!

Gees. Wow!
At least, that's what people say is the distinction between "in progress" and "in process." I don't know how accurate that is. Then again, I've been under review at Vermont since the Roosevelt administration and haven't heard a single thing from them. There's a lot of randomness in this process.

Reactions: 2 users
I know it seems that times are tough,
but you will be okay.
And even though the road is rough,
we'll see a better day.

You will succeed, you'll reach your goal!
I know this to be true.
I promise you'll escape this hole,
and all because of you.

And when it all is said and done,
Your fate, career, secured,
You'll look back on the day you won
to see a truth obscured.

The time you spend in sleepless plight
Was never spent in vain.
It taught you how to find the light
in spite of spiteful pain.

A stronger person you now are,
Because of your own skill.
The fact that you have come so far
A testament to will.

And when they ask how long it took
when you have reached the end,
All you will need to say is "Look,
I'm a doctor, my friend."

loved this. I sure hope so, my rejections list just keeps on piling >.<

I just wanted to bring a little hope to everyone on my favorite thread. Made a new account for anonymity but I've been following this thread since application season started as I have had ZERO interviews for the longest time. I received my one and only II right before Thanksgiving and have had no other IIs since, and applied to 35 MD schools. I currently have 18 rejections. I was accepted last Friday at my top choice. I did just about every single thing wrong. Took the MCAT three times which is a complete app killer (28, 28 (I KNOW RIGHT), 515), ORM, reapplicant (but not at school I was accepted to), complete late, GPA of 3.65, and graduated from a school with very little pre-med resources and med school success. My PS was very genuine, but risky, and I believe (and others have said) failed to convey the exact reason why I wanted to be a doctor after reading it now. I didn't think I was ever going to be a doctor. But I took my one II and ran with it. I think I am relatively personable, but all the failures from the past year made me very unconfident in the way I spoke. I prepped and practiced and did research on the school like I was stalking my ex's new girl's Instagram. I gave my interview everything I had, and I think was the reason why I was ultimately accepted. I'm not sure exactly what the point of all of this is now that I'm writing it, but BELIEVE ME, if I could do it, so can you. Feel free to PM for anything. Rooting for all of you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are accepted! That's the best feeling ever!
Thank you for this shred of hope - it means a lot! I currently still have zero interviews, with my rejection list just piling on, and I took the MCAT three times as well and am a 3X reapplicant. But this, this means something, so thank you again and congrats!

YOU GUYSSSSS (and ladies)... I woke up this morning to an II - my very first one!!! It can happen, apparently there is still hope!
ahhh congratulations! go kill it!

That was the most inspiring thing I've read in a long time! I'm so happy for you. I have an interview at my state school where I would absolutely love to attend next week, and I think all of my eggs are essentially in that basket now. I've spent the entire weekend learning literally everything I can about UIC. I think I could write a book on it now. This has to work!

@bananafish94, my fellow west winger, and every other TV show which you need to watch (you better watch house of cards btw), I am completely rooting for you and really hope you get into UIC!

oh gosh, is this cooper because I am praying to get an II there

I agree but remember something, no matter what school we go to, we will love it and make the best of it and be outstanding doctors. at the end of the day, we have the privilege of being an MD or DO in the USA, so schools don't matter. What matters is you're going to be a doctor!

I definitely agree with being a reapplicant not being so bad. Im going to have to retake the MCAT though, which isn't gonna be fun haha but if I have to do it, so be it. I know there are ways I can improve my application and I'm willing to do whatever it takes

It's not a goal if you haven't failed trying to achieve it. I'm a re-applicant and I absolutely love all of the experiences I've had along my detour! You'll get there eventually, and the difference in age of a couple years is hardly a skidmark on the underpants of the med school app crap-shoot.

while I agree on age being nothing, a lot of us are older and have gone through hell (aka me) along the way and yes these experiences have made me 1000X stronger, but I am at the point where I just want to be in already, but I am also 28, so for all you youngins, STOP WORRYING! I promise you you'll make it!!!!!!!!!!! the fact you guys even got interviews and I haven't shows how incredible you are, so if you have to wait one year after graduating from undergrad, it doesn't mean anything - you're fantastic regardless!

@bananafish94, my fellow west winger, and every other TV show which you need to watch (you better watch house of cards btw), I am completely rooting for you and really hope you get into UIC!
You had best believe I watch House of Cards. Somebody said that Underwood and Doug Stamper are like a f***ed up version of Bartlet and Leo, which greatly amused me. Luckily, the release date of House of Cards should coincide nicely with my UIC rejection, which will allow me to bury my sorrows.

haven't posted on here before, but been a long-time lurker. Got three rejections today (most i've gotten in a day), BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE I ALSO GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! YAYYYYY :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

YAYYYYY!!!!!! CONGRATS DOCTOR!

You had best believe I watch House of Cards. Somebody said that Underwood and Doug Stamper are like a f***ed up version of Bartlet and Leo, which greatly amused me. Luckily, the release date of House of Cards should coincide nicely with my UIC rejection, which will allow me to bury my sorrows.
Did you see the preview? I actually went to check Frank Underwood's website out lol
You aren't going to get rejected - STOP!!!!