Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone have any idea on whether this can result in more II in February?
Probably a little. If they see that a lot of their accepted applicants are also accepted at schools they're likely to choose instead, they'll send more IIs to hedge their bets. That, however, might be a legitimate case of interviewing for the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't seem like it benefits an applicant with no acceptances (in February). It might in April.
It may indirectly benefit them...it stands to reason that the applicants with no acceptances are more likely to still be on the list as possible interview candidates than those whose applications are strong enough to get earlier interviews and acceptances. Thus, if there is a statistically significant number of people that the school suspects will not attend, for whatever reason, they may make a judgment call and extend more interviews than usual. But the advantage would be slight, at best.

Reactions: 2 users
It may indirectly benefit them...it stands to reason that the applicants with no acceptances are more likely to still be on the list as possible interview candidates than those whose applications are strong enough to get earlier interviews and acceptances. Thus, if there is a statistically significant number of people that the school suspects will not attend, for whatever reason, they may make a judgment call and extend more interviews than usual. But the advantage would be slight, at best.
Had to read your post a few times to understand, finally got it. Thank you. I hope you're right. I have no acceptances yet ( only waitlists)

Reactions: 3 users
New plan: I fake my death and have my parents convince a medical school to give me an honorary acceptance because it was my life's dream. Then I miraculously rise from the grave and graciously accept their offer of admission.

How about this? You go into a mysterious coma that has everyone stumped. All the doctors say that you're a goner and you're never going to wake up. Your parents plead for an honorary acceptance before they pull the plug. Then, at the eleventh hour, your cousin invents the drug that saves your life and wakes you up! Bam! Medical school acceptance for you. Valuable drug patent for your cousin. Crazy illness for your doctors to write case reports about. Everyone wins!!

How about this? You go into a mysterious coma that has everyone stumped. All the doctors say that you're a goner and you're never going to wake up. Your parents plead for an honorary acceptance before they pull the plug. Then, at the eleventh hour, your cousin invents the drug that saves your life and wakes you up! Bam! Medical school acceptance for you. Valuable drug patent for your cousin. Crazy illness for your doctors to write case reports about. Everyone wins!!
Even better...the formula for the miracle drug was encrypted in my personal statement. I'm running the long con here.

Reactions: 7 users
New plan: I fake my death and have my parents convince a medical school to give me an honorary acceptance because it was my life's dream. Then I miraculously rise from the grave and graciously accept their offer of admission.

Super clever! Lol! Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Man, I just scrolled through my completed secondary prompts looking for material to recycle. I forgot how much time and effort I put into writing those damn things. I felt kind of sad reading through the secondaries from the schools I've been rejected from.

Sad? You should feel proud of yourself for putting all your effort into it! Some of my essays were pretty damn good. If it doesn't pan out, well at least I know I have a back up career as a writer. ;)

Reactions: 4 users
Ive been on this site for a while now. I think you need to take a break and forget about Med School for a week. Trust me you wont miss being accepted into a school. Just go to class hang with friends and relax this is when you shld be carefree.Trust me if you are meant for med school you will get in this cycle or you reapply next one. But WHO CARES, when you look back 10 years from now and say wow i spent so much time and energy on SDN and got myself all worked up for nothing! Being on this site is cancer when you are in your application cycle. I stopped looking at this site when I was a sophmore in college and only recently started looking at these threads again once I got an acceptance to medical school. Trust me time will pass on its own you dont need to be on SDN all day.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my TCMC II, I hope it goes to one of you guys :)

Ive been on this site for a while now. I think you need to take a break and forget about Med School for a week. Trust me you wont miss being accepted into a school. Just go to class hang with friends and relax this is when you shld be carefree.Trust me if you are meant for med school you will get in this cycle or you reapply next one. But WHO CARES, when you look back 10 years from now and say wow i spent so much time and energy on SDN and got myself all worked up for nothing! Being on this site is cancer when you are in your application cycle. I stopped looking at this site when I was a sophmore in college and only recently started looking at these threads again once I got an acceptance to medical school. Trust me time will pass on its own you dont need to be on SDN all day.
I think you're right. May give this a rest for a while. Just realized that in a few months I will have been checking this site multiple times a day for a year. Can't be healthy.

Just got a waitlist for interview at Rosalind Franklin. Don't know whether I should feel good or bad about this.

I think you're right. May give this a rest for a while. Just realized that in a few months I will have been checking this site multiple times a day for a year. Can't be healthy.
It's a double edged sword. On the one hand, it's nice that people on this website actually know what the process is like (as opposed to my family and most of my friends) so I can talk openly about it. But on the other hand, the neurotic pre-med mindset is greatly exacerbated by SDN, which I have definitely fallen prey to many times throughout this experience.

Last edited:
Just got a waitlist for interview at Rosalind Franklin. Don't know whether I should feel good or bad about this.

I got off the waitlist and interviewed last week. I'd say it's good.

The waitlist definitely moves. They have been rejecting applicants fairly liberally as of late, and somebody on another thread made the comment that this has not existed in the past, so the "interview waitlist" people are likely the same people that interviewed late last cycle. It just has a formal designation now.

It's a double edged sword. On the one hand, it's nice that people on this website actually know what the process is like (as opposed to my family and most of my friends) so I can talk openly about it. But on the other hand, the neurotic pre-med mindset is greatly exacerbated by SDN, which I have definitely fallen prey to many times throughout my life.
But I think now I'm becoming sad because reality is setting in. It's different when every month you can say " maybe next month I will hear good news" but now it's kind of the end. And even though I know anything can happen.....................

Did you just reply to the email saying that you would be able to attend the interview if offered the chance to?
I got off the waitlist as well and I immediately responded saying that I would be willing to travel there at a moment's notice and that I'm gracious for my place on the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
But I think now I'm becoming sad because reality is setting in. It's different when every month you can say " maybe next month I will hear good news" but now it's kind of the end. And even though I know anything can happen.....................
It's not the end. It's the end of this cycle. You're probably right. There is a very real chance that a lot of people on this thread are going to have to reapply. That's alright; I know so much more about the whole application process than I did when I first applied--no amount of preparation can give you as much experience as actually going through it. I know exactly what I will fix and I believe that I will be a significantly stronger applicant if it comes to that. I'm sure you will be as well.

Did you just reply to the email saying that you would be able to attend the interview if offered the chance to?

Yes. I said I was interested in being on the list and would attend an interview should one come my way.

I got off the waitlist as well and I immediately responded saying that I would be willing to travel there at a moment's notice and that I'm gracious for my place on the waitlist.

How soon did they reply to you with an interview offer?

still waiting for a single interview
I am so blue :(

anyone have any good news today? noticed not too many comments on the forum - hope everyone is faring well!

It involved a glass of water and a young woman who was violently swinging her arms as she walked past my table at a coffee shop. So technically not my fault.

My first reaction, after reading this, was to apologize. Then I remembered that I don't live anywhere close to you and so I'm not that girl.... I was in a similar situation recently, though a computer was not destroyed.

It involved a glass of water and a young woman who was violently swinging her arms as she walked past my table at a coffee shop. So technically not my fault.
what! that is horrible! what is the final outcome?
ps better have access to a computer before HOC starts
pps also better to have access to a computer for medical school stuff
ppps clearly medical school takes priority over HOC
pppps I have clearly lost my mind lol

My god everyone on this thread is going crazy.

Reactions: 5 users

She better have paid for the damages.

still waiting for a single interview
I am so blue :(

anyone have any good news today? noticed not too many comments on the forum - hope everyone is faring well!

Chocolate, I don't remember what your stats are or if we applied to similar places, but if it helps I'm still hanging on with silence from Quinnipiac, Buffalo, NYMC, Downstate and some others. All of them (allegedly) extend invites through at least the end of February, and I hope your list has some late movers too.

We can't give up yet!

The guy at the computer shop said it will likely only need a replaced keyboard, unless there are other damages lurking beneath the surface. I won't make her pay for it...I'm sure I've done something stupid in the past that has resulted in somebody else's misfortune. Whenever inconveniences like this happen to me, I try to look at it as tipping the karma scales towards me for one really good thing to happen (getting into medical school).

Chocolate, I don't remember what your stats are or if we applied to similar places, but if it helps I'm still hanging on with silence from Quinnipiac, Buffalo, NYMC, Downstate and some others. All of them (allegedly) extend invites through at least the end of February, and I hope your list has some late movers too.

We can't give up yet!
I have a weird sixth sense that somebody on this thread is going to get into Quinnipiac. I don't know why, I just get a vibe.

I'll steal one if I need to.

I have a weird sixth sense that somebody on this thread is going to get into Quinnipiac. I don't know why, I just get a vibe.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I almost kind of forgot

Im alive there but I dont think its gonna happen. Still holding out hope for Temple or Jeff. Pretty sad that I could not get into an Instate.

Im alive there but I dont think its gonna happen. Still holding out hope for Temple or Jeff. Pretty sad that I could not get into an Instate.
I wish some of my schools (Temple, Jefferson, Downstate, Tufts, Brown) would send either a flood of invites or rejections. Seems like nothing is happening anywhere I'm "waiting", so it just feels like a silent rejection...

Be proud you lasted a long time..I was done there ages ago!

I have a feeling I am only going to be getting a string of rejection emails from now until March from the schools I'm waiting to hear back from

I have a feeling I am only going to be getting a string of rejection emails from now until March from the schools I'm waiting to hear back from
Yeah me too...there is a small chance for another II. You have that waitlist and your waiting to hear back right? I am waiting to hear back from ONE and have an interview in 2 weeks! They have a quick turn around but may be a waitlist. Trying to get geared up to re-apply but I am still holding on. Very hard to be in limbo.

Yeah me too...there is a small chance for another II. You have that waitlist and your waiting to hear back right? I am waiting to hear back from ONE and have an interview in 2 weeks! They have a quick turn around but may be a waitlist. Trying to get geared up to re-apply but I am still holding on. Very hard to be in limbo.

Yes, should be hearing back from my recent interview in 1-2 weeks most likely. If that doesn't turn out well it's gonna be full gear trying to get ready to reapply.

Best of luck with your last 2 though!