Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah I just realized its a phone appt - got a tad bit too excited for you lol
haha no worries, now i have to try to not go crazy till next week. and btw, anyone who is waiting on temple, found out from the AAMC virtual fair that they're interviewing until april and giving out those invites until march :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
when your rejection list has surpassed the number of schools you're currently waiting on - GAH GAH GAH :bang::diebanana::wtf::help:

Reactions: 8 users
rejected from Cinci pre ii but got an interview last cycle and was wait listed. Can anyone make me feel better lol

Members don't see this ad :)
did you apply later this time?
Maybe like a week difference if that! I know that this cycle their last interview day was in late January as compared to March last cycle. So I'm guessing that had something to do with it

Mass rejections at Tufts now.
Maybe not that massive lets see.
Edit: pretty massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
haven't received it yet but then every wave i got my rejection like 2 days later (albert einstein, tulane etc..)

You should probably talk to your email provider about that. :p

But on a more serious note, I was just done marking off UCincy when Wake came in. I knew UCincy was coming since their interviews had ended but Wake really caught me off guard. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Mass rejections at Tufts now.
Maybe not that massive lets see.
Edit: pretty massive.
great, just more rejections, just what I need today. I need some good news this week - I've had such a bad week.

Maybe like a week difference if that! I know that this cycle their last interview day was in late January as compared to March last cycle. So I'm guessing that had something to do with it

probably. I'm sorry :(

Reactions: 1 user
haven't received tufts yet either but my app was marked complete really late so they'll probably get to that rejection pile later on in the afternoon (I love how these are my insane thoughts)

Let's see. This is my summary of my cycle so far:

26/30 MD rejections.

Let's see. This is my summary of my cycle so far:

26/30 MD rejections.
ugh no I am sorry :(

THIS SUCKS. It's the end of the first week of Feb and ZERO II. Here's to trying to enjoy the weekend (Super Bowl - go Broncos) while I really sit here and think about medical school >.<

Reactions: 3 users
ugh no I am sorry :(

THIS SUCKS. It's the end of the first week of Feb and ZERO II. Here's to trying to enjoy the weekend (Super Bowl - go Broncos) while I really sit here and think about medical school >.<
10 more to go for now for me (including tufts as of now)

8 more schools left to hear from lol. Still no II (2 DO, 5 MD, 1 MD in PR) Currently applying for a few post-baccs, SMPs and an MPH program in my state. I've called the schools yet to give me a rejection and they have all told me I am exactly what they look for in an applicant with the exception of my low MCAT ... bummer! OH WELL lol still not losing hope I'm still super young and in the event that I don't get in, there's always next time! Planning on reapplying (if I don't get in this cycle) either in 2017 or 2018 depending on which "plan B" path I end up choosing. Should be hearing from those next month!

Reactions: 5 users
8 more schools left to hear from lol. Still no II (2 DO, 5 MD, 1 MD in PR) Currently applying for a few post-baccs, SMPs and an MPH program in my state. I've called the schools yet to give me a rejection and they have all told me I am exactly what they look for in an applicant with the exception of my low MCAT ... bummer! OH WELL lol still not losing hope I'm still super young and in the event that I don't get in, there's always next time! Planning on reapplying (if I don't get in this cycle) either in 2017 or 2018 depending on which "plan B" path I end up choosing. Should be hearing from those next month!
One of my state schools recently told me it was my mcat that won't get me an II there :( currently studying for a retake

One of my state schools recently told me it was my mcat that won't get me an II there :( currently studying for a retake
I wish it were my MCAT.... it's all about my sGPA for me... and fixing that is near impossible. I'm going to speak to a premedical advisor and see what she thinks about improving my application. If doing a SMP will help, I'll start working on those apps asap.

This is, in a way, a good thing. If you don't get in, you just need to work incredibly hard on the MCAT and then you will be a really competitive applicant. Easier said than done, but very fixable.

I wish it were my MCAT.... it's all about my sGPA for me... and fixing that is near impossible. I'm going to speak to a premedical advisor and see what she thinks about improving my application. If doing a SMP will help, I'll start working on those apps asap.
What is your sGPA, if you don't mind?

yeah, i guess a low MCAT isn't the worst problem to have. maybe a SMP would be good, i know some of them have linkages or at least guaranteed interviews, or at least one of them in my state does. i don't know too much about them though

you are young(if I could be in your shoes!) and truthfully a year or two off isn't a bad thing at all, especially if you have an idea of what you want to do in your year off.

if you called the schools to give you a rejection and they said you're perfect except MCAT, then I don't know if it's worth the extra loans for an SMP, MPH, or post bac, unless your GPA is average/slightly under. If so, then yes go ahead and do it. If not, use the extra time off to really study and ace the MCAT and try to find an awesome job that you can do on your year off because if you don't need to improve your GPA, why take out extra loans?! That's just my two cents =)

also ask about post bacs and see what she recommends because apparently it seems a masters doesn't mean much which is killing me right now since I took out so many loans for that bloody degree.

Did anyone get the tufts email about the portal malfunctioning?!

Somehow missed this thread until now, got some catching up to do...

Non-trad here starting a second career, I guess this would be a good place to vent the frustration of no II's - 4 small pool/holds currently - and a boat load of rejections.

Not much I can change between now and next cycle:
Decent, balanced MCAT, Work in a hospital for almost 7 years now (part of the UW system) as a "professional" employee (exempt state worker in coordinator level aka 1 person below the CFO), top 5% of my school GPA wise (which is amazing to me still - I did my associates first - so every one of my classes at UW has been a science class, and every single damn one was curved to a 2.8 median GPA which is a killer) and I've been there for 9 quarters now of 2+ classes a quarter while working over full time). Amazing extracurriculars, started a pet therapy program and volunteer our certified Bernese mountain dog at our infusion center (for mostly chemo patients), officer of the premed honor society for 2 years, etc....but have a term of grades from when I was duel enrolled in CC and high school, 10 years ago, that I didn't drop my classes so ended up with all F's. This and one other repeat of a class I didn't drop hosed my ymcas GPA which I'm sure is the source of my rejections.

Going to give DO a shot next cycle - but wanted to try an MD only cycle because I didn't want to limit my chances at super competitive residencies (I've worked in surgery these past years and love it). Repeats on DO apps helps a lot, but some classes I won't have the opportunity to retake for various reasons before this next cycle. I really don't care if people know my stats and think it's helpful for others to know, so 30 (9PS, 11VR, 10BS), and DO gpa will be 3.7sgpa and 3.5ish overall, and amcas closer to the 3.0 range.

Funny thing though is, 2 of my top 3 choices have me on hold - so I'm praying to the flying spaghetti monster - that if I someone manage 1 ultra late II that it would be at one of the two.

Reactions: 5 users
Part of the wake forest rejection slaughter

Yesterday I was at an interview and I was sitting in the student center in between interviews with a few other applicants. One guy took out his phone, exclaimed, "Oh God, not another one," and showed me a rejection he had just received from Tufts. Luckily I didn't apply there.

Non-trad here starting a second career, I guess this would be a good place to vent the frustration of no II's - 4 small pool/holds currently - and a boat load of rejections.

Decent, balanced MCAT, Work in a hospital for almost 7 years now (part of the UW system) as a "professional" employee (exempt state worker in coordinator level aka 1 person below the CFO), top 5% of my school GPA wise (which is amazing to me still - I did my associates first - so every one of my classes at UW has been a science class, and every single damn one was curved to a 2.8 median GPA which is a killer) and I've been there for 9 quarters now of 2+ classes a quarter while working over full time). Amazing extracurriculars, started a pet therapy program and volunteer our certified Bernese mountain dog at our infusion center (for mostly chemo patients), officer of the premed honor society for 2 years, etc....but have a term of grades from when I was duel enrolled in CC and high school, 10 years ago, that I didn't drop my classes so ended up with all F's. This and one other repeat of a class I didn't drop hosed my ymcas GPA which I'm sure is the source of my rejections.

Going to give DO a shot next cycle - but wanted to try an MD only cycle because I didn't want to limit my chances at super competitive residencies (I've worked in surgery these past years and love it). Repeats on DO apps helps a lot, but some classes I won't have the opportunity to retake for various reasons before this next cycle. I really don't care if people know my stats and think it's helpful for others to know, so 30 (9PS, 11VR, 10BS), and DO gpa will be 3.7sgpa and 3.5ish overall, and amcas closer to the 3.0 range.

Funny thing though is, 2 of my top 3 choices have me on hold - so I'm praying to the flying spaghetti monster - that if I someone manage 1 ultra late II that it would be at one of the two.
So, you're telling me that because of some classes you took when you were a HIGH SCHOOL student, AMCAS is giving you a 2.8 GPA? That is patently absurd. That makes me physically angry. Clearly, you have an incredible application and you're eminently qualified for medical school. I do believe that someone will see that.

When I see GPAs get drastically lowered because of CC classes taken in high school, it just makes me upset. If I was judged by the stupid stuff I did in high school I don't even want to imagine what my life would be like.

you seem like an incredible applicant and being from the Washington area where it seems like you'll stay, I have no idea why schools are using HS school CC classes to stop your application from moving to an acceptance - I really hope you get one II and get into that school because you clearly have a hard work ethic and are compassionate (proven by your pet therapy program) to be an amazing physician - good luck to you!!!

Yesterday I was at an interview and I was sitting in the student center in between interviews with a few other applicants. One guy took out his phone, exclaimed, "Oh God, not another one," and showed me a rejection he had just received from Tufts. Luckily I didn't apply there.
I was wondering why we didn't hear from you yesterday on this forum - normally you always chime in! how was the interview!?

We are all in this together, my dear hard working, perserverant sdn peeps. If i could pray to the amcas gods, i would kindly wish closure to this cycle so i can know if this is wishful thinking or tom foolery..

Ok that sounded really depressing haha

I am optimistic! I thought you had two IIs...has one not happened yet?

No I had my other interview in December. But it's WVU who waitlists almost all OOS first. So I won't really hear any news until May 1st unfortunately.

Trying to stay optimistic as well but I will admit it's getting more and more difficult

Never check your emails on an interview. The last thing you need is to have a confidence adjustment before you go talk to someone.

I thought it went well! Then again, I've thought others have gone well too.

Glad it went well! Was this your UIC interview? If so, what the heck, I could not get my 4G/WiFi to work all day at that interview. I had a break between interviews and there was no one else on the break with me, and I couldn't even use my phone so I just had to stare at the wall for 40 minutes.

Glad it went well! Was this your UIC interview? If so, what the heck, I could not get my 4G/WiFi to work all day at that interview. I had a break between interviews and there was no one else on the break with me, and I couldn't even use my phone so I just had to stare at the wall for 40 minutes.
I mean I hope it went well. I got along with my interviewers, and one doctor straight-up said my response to an ethical question was "correct." So, I guess that's a good sign? And yes, it was UIC. If I don't get in here, I'll wait have to wait for my next interview on April 1. :(

I mean I hope it went well. I got along with my interviewers, and one doctor straight-up said my response to an ethical question was "correct." So, I guess that's a good sign? And yes, it was UIC. If I don't get in here, I'll wait have to wait for my next interview on April 1. :(

I have a good feeling! Maybe we will end up being classmates at UIC :D

OMG I just saw this thread as an SDN post on my facebook feed...lol
Thread of the Day "Official Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!" Pre-Medical Allopathic Forum -
OH no on twitter too!!!

Reactions: 4 users