Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
update for anyone who is interested and saw that i posted the other day: talked to dr. brooks and she told me to send in one last update to her and then she'll make a decision on my app
as in II or rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, she asked me to set up a phone appt. with her the other day. i don't wanna post too much on here but if you have any questions about it just PM me!

Down to 3 pre-II holds and 2 silences. So frustrating at this point but what can you do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok straight up 17 silences...have they even looked at my app?

Reactions: 2 users
Looking at some of these threads I have come to the conclusion that there is some sort of acceptance greed. How many do you have to hold on to? Do you need to keep accepting invites when you know you most likely wont go there? Is it all about hoping for some money? Hell if I got off my waitlist I would gladly withdraw all my apps..and call it a day!! Yes, I'm venting again but sorry thats just me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Looking at some of these threads I have come to the conclusion that there is some sort of acceptance greed. How many do you have to hold on to? Do you need to keep accepting invites when you know you most likely wont go there? Is it all about hoping for some money? Hell if I got off my waitlist I would gladly withdraw all my apps..and call it a day!! Yes, I'm venting again!
I completely agree. If I get one interview invite and I get accepted at that school, that's where I am going. Any hopeful interviews after that I am withdrawing from and giving them to someone else. (just give me one interview any school, any one!)

Reactions: 5 users
Looking at some of these threads I have come to the conclusion that there is some sort of acceptance greed. How many do you have to hold on to? Do you need to keep accepting invites when you know you most likely wont go there? Is it all about hoping for some money? Hell if I got off my waitlist I would gladly withdraw all my apps..and call it a day!! Yes, I'm venting again!

Yeah, I'll be honest and admit that if I got an II to a school I knew I wouldn't go to, I'd probably still go. I guess it's a pride thing, like to have multiple acceptances. Which I know is ridiculous because that II could go to someone who needs it more.

Reactions: 1 user
There's something that's just not right with the process. Now we've got candidates guilted into talking about rationing interviews/acceptances. No one in particular is to blame. The system just seems totally overwhelmed. Watching seemingly very qualified and highly motivated people being reduced to groveling and begging is painful.

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah, I'll be honest and admit that if I got an II to a school I knew I wouldn't go to, I'd probably still go. I guess it's a pride thing, like to have multiple acceptances. Which I know is ridiculous because that II could go to someone who needs it more.
I respect your opinion. I personally would never waste the money to accept an invite to a school I would never attend.

Reactions: 5 users
I respect your opinion. I personally would never waste the money to accept an invite to a school I would never attend.

Yeah I guess for me money isn't an issue, so that wouldn't be a factor in my case.

I completely agree. If I get one interview invite and I get accepted at that school, that's where I am going. Any hopeful interviews after that I am withdrawing from and giving them to someone else. (just give me one interview any school, any one!)
cannot agree more

edit: to the last line of course I've got 0 II

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Reading these last posts, I understand some posters' frustration but you have to realize candidates who've multiple acceptances and more invitations than they ever could possibly attend earn all of these things. Not to say that you or others don't earn it as well because I don't know that. It is not greedy at all to continue interview or not withdrawing until schools made a clear offer financial wise to you. When you are a highly sought after candidate with multiple offers, you have been given the luxury of choice and anyone would take advantage of that to get the best offer to the best school in their mind. When you become an attending physician, you sure as heck wouldn't just take any job offer put on your desk first...that's not how you decide on a big commitment. Wish you guys the best though. I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.

Reactions: 10 users
Looking at some of these threads I have come to the conclusion that there is some sort of acceptance greed. How many do you have to hold on to? Do you need to keep accepting invites when you know you most likely wont go there? Is it all about hoping for some money? Hell if I got off my waitlist I would gladly withdraw all my apps..and call it a day!! Yes, I'm venting again but sorry thats just me!
Agreed completely. Unless I was waiting for a true dream school, I would withdraw as soon as I get an acceptance. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my own actions made it less likely for somebody else in my current position to get into medical school.

Reactions: 3 users
lucille-bluth.gif

Reading these last posts, I understand some posters' frustration but you have to realize candidates who've multiple acceptances and more invitations than they ever could possibly attend earn all of these things. Not to say that you or others don't earn it as well because I don't know that. It is not greedy at all to continue interview or not withdrawing until schools made a clear offer financial wise to you. When you are a highly sought after candidate with multiple offers, you have been given the luxury of choice and anyone would take advantage of that to get the best offer to the best school in their mind. When you become an attending physician, you sure as heck wouldn't just take any job offer put on your desk first...that's not how you decide on a big commitment. Wish you guys the best though. I'm sure it'll all work out eventually.
I don't consider people who go on tons of interviews greedy by any stretch of the imagination. Logically, if you have the means, it makes perfect sense to attend any interview where you could realistically see yourself attending.

However, I do consider it unconscionable to attend an interview if you know you will not attend. I know two people who made a bet against each other two see which one could get more medical school acceptances, and one of them is going to attend a March interview at Rosalind Franklin after receiving an acceptance from UIC, Northwestern, and Michigan State. This is not a game. You're not trying to rack up points. By attending an interview at a medical school where you will not go, you are willfully taking away somebody else's chance at that school. How somebody could do that is beyond me.

Reactions: 6 users
I do consider it unconscionable to attend an interview if you know you will not attend.

I know people who are doing this, and it does sort of add salt to the wound. I have had one interview and was waitlisted. Rejected from too many schools to count. Silence from a handful. Although these people have earned these interviews, I don't understand why they go with no intention of even considering the school..

See, my thing is, I can't know that I don't want to go to a school if I haven't even visited. It might not be probable that I'll attend, but what if I visit and end up really liking it? The only way I would withdraw from all interviews (minus my state school) was if I got accepted into Case. Maybe Yale or NU. But obviously those are all improbable events, so I think it would have been worth it to attend all of my interviews, had I gotten more, even though I'm happy with my acceptance to Cinci.

See, my thing is, I can't know that I don't want to go to a school if I haven't even visited. It might not be probable that I'll attend, but what if I visit and end up really liking it? The only way I would withdraw from all interviews (minus my state school) was if I got accepted into Case. Maybe Yale or NU. But obviously those are all improbable events, so I think it would have been worth it to attend all of my interviews, had I gotten more, even though I'm happy with my acceptance to Cinci.
"Not probable" does not equal "will not attend." There are some schools that I know for a fact I would unequivocally not attend over other schools, even without visiting them because I have done research on their curriculum, mission, talked to current students, etc. In the event that I got an II to one of them after receiving an acceptance at a school that I would definitely attend instead, I would not go to that interview. That school might be somebody else's dream school. I'm not trying to sound petty; that's just how I feel.

Reactions: 4 users
"Not probable" does not equal "will not attend." There are some schools that I know for a fact I would unequivocally not attend over other schools, even without visiting them because I have done research on their curriculum, mission, talked to current students, etc. In the event that I got an II to one of them after receiving an acceptance at a school that I would definitely attend instead, I would not go to that interview. That school might be somebody else's dream school. I'm not trying to sound petty; that's just how I feel.

No I totally understand, you're not being petty. And I don't mean to sound selfish. Well, I probably am selfish, but I'm just being honest :p
I guess for me, there aren't really any schools on my list that there is no possibility that I would attend them over my current acceptance.

I don't consider people who go on tons of interviews greedy by any stretch of the imagination. Logically, if you have the means, it makes perfect sense to attend any interview where you could realistically see yourself attending.

However, I do consider it unconscionable to attend an interview if you know you will not attend. I know two people who made a bet against each other two see which one could get more medical school acceptances, and one of them is going to attend a March interview at Rosalind Franklin after receiving an acceptance from UIC, Northwestern, and Michigan State. This is not a game. You're not trying to rack up points. By attending an interview at a medical school where you will not go, you are willfully taking away somebody else's chance at that school. How somebody could do that is beyond me.

Could one even affect someone else's chance of getting an II like that? Let's say I was accepted to Feinberg but I chose to interview at RFU anyways just to stroke my ego but in the end, didn't matriculate to RFU after getting accepted. Wouldn't RFU interview someone else to fill up the spot I would have taken?

Could one even affect someone else's chance of getting an II like that? Let's say I was accepted to Feinberg but I chose to interview at RFU anyways just to stroke my ego but in the end, didn't matriculate to RFU after getting accepted. Wouldn't RFU interview someone else to fill up the spot I would have taken?
They might just pull someone who's already interviewed off the waitlist.

Agreed completely. Unless I was waiting for a true dream school, I would withdraw as soon as I get an acceptance. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if my own actions made it less likely for somebody else in my current position to get into medical school.
I definitely understand the stress, but people holding multiple acceptances doesn't decrease the number of med school spots that exist (and no med school spots are going unfilled). Schools already interview enough people to fill their classes and already account for people who have multiple acceptances. If everyone withdrew after one acceptance, schools would just interview less people and people who do not have IIs in the current system wouldn't have more of a chance of getting a II if the number available are trimmed down- schools would just fill up quicker. It is misplaced annoyance. Interviewing when you have an acceptance just hurts the school you are interviewing at because it wastes a little bit of resources

Using your friend as an example: If he gets accepted and drops his acceptance because he never really wanted it, there will be someone on the waitlist with no other acceptance waiting to snatch up the spot. So even if he had turned down the II, the school wouldn't have a II spot open that they needed to fill. Anyone selected to fill in that guy's spot would have been a backup to a backup.

Got the axe at GWU this morning :(

Womp womp

Be proud you lasted a long time..I was done there ages ago!

As was I :bored:..my first pre-II rejection, got the axe like almost right away. Went to GW for undergrad so thought that might have been able to give me some pull but meh. ^And yeap, be proud you lasted a while! :)

As was I :bored:..my first pre-II rejection, got the axe like almost right away. Went to GW for undergrad so thought that might have been able to give me some pull but meh. ^And yeap, be proud you lasted a while! :)

Undergrad pull? Tell that to all the kids that went to Hopkins or WUSTL undergrad.

Undergrad pull? Tell that to all the kids that went to Hopkins or WUSTL undergrad.

WashU is a meat grinder for pre-meds but being from that school has opened up doors for me on the interview trail. Still no word from the med school though.

Hey I haven't seen you posting in a while! Hope you are having some luck this cycle! :)

II just now! Was just about to go into a 12 hour shift so this just made my day exponentially better :)

Reactions: 32 users
II just now! Was just about to go into a 12 hour shift so this just made my day exponentially better :)
Congrats!

I know the chance is slim but I'm hopeful, maybe there's a chance that I'll get an II. Only a handful of schools left, executing plan B, but... It would be nice.

Congrats!

I know the chance is slim but I'm hopeful, maybe there's a chance that I'll get an II. Only a handful of schools left, executing plan B, but... It would be nice.

Same exact position lol one day a medical school will love us enough to see what we're all about

Im really happy for @catie_jane !! Yay! I have a question. Are you guys doing a FASFA? I'm going to send it to my waitlist and to my one interview not yet attended. But are you guys sending it to your remaining schools without an invite?

Reactions: 1 users
Im really happy for @catie_jane !! Yay! I have a question. Are you guys doing a FASFA? I'm going to send it to my waitlist and to my one interview not yet attended. But are you guys sending it to your remaining schools without an invite?

Do you think it's necessarily to send it to interviews you haven't attended yet? I was under the impression that there's no need to do anything until we get a decision.

Do you think it's necessarily to send it to interviews you haven't attended yet? I was under the impression that there's no need to do anything until we get a decision.
I dont know thats what I was wondering.

I did my FAFSA for ALL of the schools that I haven't been rejected from yet because I don't want to deal with having to add them later. You can send your info to up to 10 schools, and I have 9 that I haven't been rejected from yet.

It doesn't hurt to do it, and there's no fee associated with adding extra schools.

At my interview a few weeks ago, the school said to do the FAFSA asap if we hadn't already, and include the school even though we hadn't been accepted yet.

II today..I have tears in my eyes...I cant believe it!

Reactions: 31 users

Congrats! Seems like there are lots of good news today. Hopefully this is a good sign for the rest of us too. :)

Reactions: 6 users
YAY! so so so so so happy for youuuuuu!!!!

I just called my state school asking them where my app is in the cycle - left them a message on their answering machine - I hope they don't hate me but I just want an interview and of course to be accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Ok that is 3 IIs. You HAVE to get into med school or I have lost all hope in this entire process. Couldn't be happier for you. Now we can look back at your "potential reapplicant" thread and just laugh because everyone on there was just as baffled as you were about having no acceptances yet.

Currently have 4 pre II holds and 9 schools still with total silence... I feel like no one knows what the heck to do with my application

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Ok that is 3 IIs. You HAVE to get into med school or I have lost all hope in this entire process. Couldn't be happier for you. Now we can look back at your "potential reapplicant" thread and just laugh because everyone on there was just as baffled as you were about having no acceptances yet.

I really hope this is true! I had 4 IIs and 0 acceptances right now... >-<

Thank you! Congrats on your interview! Where is it?

And I will be sending it to all schools I interviewed at. Not to ones I haven't