*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjv

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here is the post your timeline thread for cycle that opens on June 1st, 2016.

Threads from the last 3 cycles for reference:
2015-2016
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ine-thread-submitted-verified-mailed.1140682/
2014-2015
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/2014-application-timeline-thread.1074670/
2013-2014
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...e-submitted-received-verified-mailed.1012536/

Copy and paste the information below as it pertains to you and feel free to update your post as necessary.

AADSAS Application E-Submitted: Date
Reapplicant?: Yes or No

DAT Taken: Date
DAT Uploaded to AADSAS: Date

Transcript(s) Submitted: Date
Transcript(s) Received: Date
GPA Verified: Date

(Interfolio) Letters Delivered: Date (or just don't include this if you didn't use Interfolio)
(Interfolio) Letters Uploaded: Date

Date Application Mailed: Date
Batch #: #

Residency: State
Schools Applied To: List schools
GPA and DAT: (If you feel comfortable doing so)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck indeed!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Just remember, it's a looooong cycle so don't panic if you don't get interviews right away. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, I can't believe the new cycle is already about to start. To echo @Joey333, the process is long so do not panic if you see others getting interviews before you hear back from any schools -- the time will come! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message me as well. I was in your shoes a year ago and know the ups and downs that come with applying to dental school so I would be happy to offer advice or reassurance if so needed. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Here we go! AADSAS will open up soon! HYPE!!!!! I'm applying to a lot of schools; it will be fun listing so many xD.

Reactions: 1 users
Here we go! AADSAS will open up soon! HYPE!!!!! I'm applying to a lot of schools; it will be fun listing so many xD.

I'm loving this energy! Keep it up- So excited about this cycle!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The moment the 1st interview offer gets posted on here, other people going to start trippin' balls. lol Myself included

The moment the 1st interview offer gets posted on here, other people going to start trippin' balls. lol Myself included
Yes full on panic mode will be activated.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! Need to write my personal statement today & tomorrow... lol.

Do we have to send each individual school our transcript or do we just send AADSAS 1 transcript that is sent to all schools that are applied to? Also, what time does AADSAS open? When is the recommended time to send in the entire application?

I made an AADSAS account from the 2015-2016 application cycle but I wasn't planning on sending in my application for that cycle. I just wanted to get an idea of how the application looked like. Do I need to make a new account for this upcoming cycle or can I use my email and password I used for the last cycle for this upcoming cycle?

Should I send in my transcripts from my university June 1st so it gets verified quickly?

If I upload 4 letters of recommendation, will the admissions look at ALL 4 or just 3 random ones?

Thank you in advance!

Do they start verifying GPA and LORs when they get submitted, or when the whole application gets submitted?

Do they start verifying GPA and LORs when they get submitted, or when the whole application gets submitted?
They start verifying GPA once they receive your transcripts.

I made an AADSAS account from the 2015-2016 application cycle but I wasn't planning on sending in my application for that cycle. I just wanted to get an idea of how the application looked like. Do I need to make a new account for this upcoming cycle or can I use my email and password I used for the last cycle for this upcoming cycle?
!
I did the same and I'm wondering the same. I'm not sure but I read that you are a reapplying if you applied to dental schools in a previous cycles. So, that would be that we are not reapplying.

Do we have to send each individual school our transcript or do we just send AADSAS 1 transcript that is sent to all schools that are applied to? Also, what time does AADSAS open? When is the recommended time to send in the entire application?

Should I send in my transcripts from my university June 1st so it gets verified quickly?

If I upload 4 letters of recommendation, will the admissions look at ALL 4 or just 3 random ones?

Thank you in advance!
Yes, send the transcript asap.

Don't quote me on this, but I'd assume they look at all of your LOR

Whelp... Happy June 1

ImageUploadedBySDN1464775895.553937.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hello everyone. I have heard that we needed to print out the "matching form" and have it attached to the transcript and sent to the AADSAS by school. Can someone direct me where to find that form? I have just opened an account on AADSAS, but I couldn't find that form. Appreciate that.

Hello everyone. I have heard that we needed to print out the "matching form" and have it attached to the transcript and sent to the AADSAS by school. Can someone direct me where to find that form? I have just opened an account on AADSAS, but I couldn't find that form. Appreciate that.
Once you enter your schools on that section of the application, it will allow you to print the matching form for each school.

As a reapplicant, do I have to register new account? I can't login using my old id.

As a reapplicant, do I have to register new account? I can't login using my old id.
If you applied in the previous cycle you should not create a new account. If you already applied, but NO in the previous cycle 2015-2016. Then you need to create a new one.

So do we just give our school's registrar just 1 transcript request form and they'll do the rest of the work?

Just a tip that I found out:

If you use Chrome's autofill it will auto-populate all the fields if you had filled them out previously. So I went ahead and filled out my application before June 1st and all I had to do today was fill one box on each section and the entire thing was done.

(aside from the non-form sections and the radio boxes to check)

can we send our transcript requrest forms BEFORE we actually enter our specific grades into AADSAS or does it not matter?

can we send our transcript requrest forms BEFORE we actually enter our specific grades into AADSAS or does it not matter?
How are you entering grades and courses without a copy of your transcript in front of you? It has to be worded in the app exactly as it appears on the transcript.

If you don't enter it exactly character for character as it appears on ur transcript , aadsas will bounce it back to you when they reach ur app and it will delay sending out , make sure the course listings are identical , literally identical

So I called them about this and the lady said you can fully write out course names if they are abbreviated on your transcript.

Can we submit the application if the marks have not been finalized (for this past year) and we cant request our transcripts until the end of june? Or do we need to wait to submit?

On my university transcript, my AP scores are displayed as Course, description, units earned, and grade. However, under grade, it doesn't actually say the score I've earned (1,2,3,4,5). It just says 1.0. How does this translate on the application?

Oh wow, idk I just know that I had to edit the way I entered stuff in the past cycle so I'd be careful lol

All my transcript course names are capitalized. So would I capitalize it on the app? lol...

Also I have a spanish course called "CONT SPANISH" abbreviated. It's really Continuing Spanish.

On my university transcript, my AP scores are displayed as Course, description, units earned, and grade. However, under grade, it doesn't actually say the score I've earned (1,2,3,4,5). It just says 1.0. How does this translate on the application?
Your score is translated into a certain number of credits.

All my transcript course names are capitalized. So would I capitalize it on the app? lol...

Also I have a spanish course called "CONT SPANISH" abbreviated. It's really Continuing Spanish.
Yes...

Hey so two questions:
1.) When we enter AP credits: I have NO idea what to put for the grade. It says to put the exact grade that appears on my transcript, which for me is "EM" for "credit by examination." This doesn't appear anywhere, CR (credit) seemed closest but still isn't exactly what's on my transcript. HELP please :(
2.) For "position title" in the section about dental experience... do we write "shadowing" or something? I didn't do anything besides shadow and volunteer, so I'm not sure what other options we could write there.

Thanks y'all, good luck!

As the app says just type it EXACTLY how it appears in your transcript. If your transcript says chemistri instead of chemistry, type chemistri. :laugh: