*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are correct. As previously stated on this same thread, that is indeed my situation. I had stated previously that once my schools confirms all is well and there is a near 0-chance of complications causing me to become rescinded, I would properly reject the interviews as well as inform all schools I had completed secondaries at. Once NYU gave me the okay this week, that is what I did. As I was accepted so late there are many complications in terms of finances and documentation and it would be ill advised for me to have dropped my plan B-especially since I already paid the supplemental fees.

At the very least, read my previous posts before deciding to judge me. It's not like I applied last cycle, hoping to get in so late that other applicants may miss out on an interview.

I wasn't judging you and I had very little known facts which is why I said if I understand everything correctly--and for the most part it was correct--as you etched out competition to secure your own spots. You did what was in your own best interest in obtaining new interviews and securing your current spot for the current year--so kind of double dipping. Given the situation, I think everyone would have done the same.

I'm glad that your situation is finalized and now ready to start your D-journey. Congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

Agree 100%. Seems like there's some salt going on in this thread, and for very little reason. Would have done the same thing!

This is totally off topic and I thought it was funny. Delete if necessary admins.

Salt.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You are correct. As previously stated on this same thread, that is indeed my situation. I had stated previously that once my schools confirms all is well and there is a near 0-chance of complications causing me to become rescinded, I would properly reject the interviews as well as inform all schools I had completed secondaries at. Once NYU gave me the okay this week, that is what I did. As I was accepted so late there are many complications in terms of finances and documentation and it would be ill advised for me to have dropped my plan B-especially since I already paid the supplemental fees.

At the very least, read my previous posts before deciding to judge me. It's not like I applied last cycle, hoping to get in so late that other applicants may miss out on an interview.
I actually never judged you.
I did try to find your posts relating this issue. I couldn't. I only found the one to which I replied. I even stated that I was just curious to know what are you planning on doing with your situation. I even felt a little bad about the 2.2k that you spent. I commented it with my sister, but decided that there's nothing to feel sad about since it's amazing that you got accepted.

I sincerely apologize if my comment sounded judgmental.

So... Hate to change the subject but anyone get any interviews today?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from LECOM-FL, MWU-IL, CASE, Tufts, Roseman, Michigan, or Louisville? My applications to these schools were mailed out 07/15 but still nothing.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard back from LECOM-FL, MWU-IL, CASE, Tufts, Roseman, Michigan, or Louisville? My applications to these schools were mailed out 07/15 but still nothing.

I have an interview at LECOM in September. MW-IL will be notifying early September. A few have hard from Case but mainly 4.0 GPA's, they should be sending out another batch of interviews in the next week I believe.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview at LECOM in September. MW-IL will be notifying early September. A few have hard from Case but mainly 4.0 GPA's, they should be sending out another batch of interviews in the next week I believe.

Thanks; I got interviews from Detroit Mercy and NOVA and a rejection from MWU-AZ, but that's it so far :/.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks; I got interviews from Detroit Mercy and NOVA and a rejection from MWU-AZ, but that's it so far :/.

I got a Michigan interview as well, but they will be sending out invites pretty frequently according to all the info they gave us. And I've seen people on here get interviews for Louisville!

I got Michigan on the 16th, and a continuing review for CASE.

Yes see I also have an interview from MW-AZ but got rejected from NOVA.

Still have 7 schools to hear back from :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Michigan sent out some interviews at the beginning of the week. :/ I hear it's "rolling" style so you might have been right on the cusp also. I completed mine 7/11 and no invite. LECOM-B has sent several interviews and Im not sure the pattern. I have an interview with them this Thursday.

I got a Michigan interview as well, but they will be sending out invites pretty frequently according to all the info they gave us. And I've seen people on here get interviews for Louisville!

Could you please tell us what information they gave you that indicated that they would be sending out frequent interviews? I'm very interested in Michigan.

Only supplementals. Nothing else, but I guess no news is good news.

Could you please tell us what information they gave you that indicated that they would be sending out frequent interviews? I'm very interested in Michigan.

So the email about the interview basically assigns you one interview date and it says to respond within 7 days confirming the interview or I will be bumped to the next interview date that next week. So it sounds like they will be having lots of interview dates! And last year it looks like they had them really frequently.

Last edited:
So the email about the interview basically assigns you one interview date and it says to respond within 7 days confirming the interview or I will be bumped to the next interview date that next week. So it sounds like they will be having lots of interview dates! And last year it looks like they had them really frequently.

I hope so. Today is too quiet. I was at least expecting to hear some people posting about Penn. Ordinarily I wouldn't be so impatient, but I have off work with the flu and I'm on constant watch mode. Lol.

I hope so. Today is too quiet. I was at least expecting to hear some people posting about Penn. Ordinarily I wouldn't be so impatient, but I have off work with the flu and I'm on constant watch mode. Lol.

Awww get better!!! I know it's hard waiting like this, but it'll all work out for you! Distract yourself with some Netflix or something. Drink hot tea and go easy on your stomach! Feel better :)

Awww get better!!! I know it's hard waiting like this, but it'll all work out for you! Distract yourself with some Netflix or something. Drink hot tea and go easy on your stomach! Feel better :)

Aw, lol, thank you. :3 I'll do my best!

Same, but I'm at work Mon-Fri and most of the time I'm on here.

I know this is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if I should add Michigan to my list of schools. Is saw their incoming class statistics and they seem to be a little high and quite frankly threatening. I guess the only thing welcoming is that they are OOS friendly.

I know this is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if I should add Michigan to my list of schools. Is saw their incoming class statistics and they seem to be a little high and quite frankly threatening. I guess the only thing welcoming is that they are OOS friendly.

I'd add it if your GPA is within 0.1 of the average, or even 0.2 if you want. It's not all about GPA, especially if the rest of your app is strong as well.

Syllabus week = invite week I'm hoping. :eek:

Reactions: 4 users
Basically been rejected by Roseman if you didn't see my thread on that! My app is finally complete though so we'll see if I can get anything soon xD

Maybe the reason it is so quiet here is because there are an unprecedented amount of applicants who aren't SDN members that have 4.0s, 30 DATs, and 15,000,000 shadowing hours? XD

Reactions: 5 users

I'm waiting for LECOM as well. I know it is OOS friendly, and love Florida, so hopefully we hear something soon. I'm still waiting on LECOM, Pitt, Colorado, and Creighton.

Guys, if my GPA wont be verified for the next 2-3 weeks, am I looking at mostly post December interviews?

I don't believe so. It's not early anymore but not late either. From my experience so far, it takes about 1-1.5 months after everything is verified AND mailed out to start hearing about interviews. Good luck!

Guys, if my GPA wont be verified for the next 2-3 weeks, am I looking at mostly post December interviews?
Not necessarily. I had a friend who wasn't totally verified and "done" until late September/early October and she had 2 pre-December 1 interviews with 2 acceptances and then received more interviews post December 1. The bulk of people apply around this time anyway and that can hold things up. I believe my friend's processing time at this point last year was 5 weeks. With that said too, you can have complete all the AADSAS items but still have a turn around time (varies with the school) for processing secondaries before you can be contacted for an interview. I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over it if your stats are strong.

It's really hard to say. I am thinking the answer is most likely yes, but pre or post-Dec, it doesn't matter. I know someone this year who had a 19 applied day before the deadline and got into the school and started this August. Meanwhile, there are pre-Dec folks who dont get accepted or invited. Just apply and see how the dice rolls.

Has anyone gotten an interview to UOP, Western, or USC?

Has anyone even gotten any emails from USC that their app is verified?

It's really hard to say. I am thinking the answer is most likely yes, but pre or post-Dec, it doesn't matter. I know someone this year who had a 19 applied day before the deadline and got into the school and started this August. Meanwhile, there are pre-Dec folks who dont get accepted or invited. Just apply and see how the dice rolls.
Not really concerned about getting the interviews, more concerned with WHEN. My schedule is light this semester and would be a blessing to have them done now instead of next semester

do we need to have full time credit hour for all the semesters? for example some semesters i took only 11 credits (3 science courses), is that a disadvantage?

do we need to have full time credit hour for all the semesters? for example some semesters i took only 11 credits (3 science courses), is that a disadvantage?

Not at all. Just think of all the non-science majors who apply to health professions simply by taking the prerequisites only and nothing more.

Do some volunteering or research if you like.

First class of the new school year: archery.

Good luck to us this week, may the Force be with you. :eek:

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe someone can start contacting schools to see if invites have been going out in waves. SDN is a very small sample population of everyone who applies.

Edit: Nevermind, I think they will start rolling this week!

Last edited:
Interview #1!!

School:
Buffalo!
Notification date:
Method of notification: email
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.77, cGPA 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/25/21/20/none

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #2