*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My prediction: 4:00 pm est things start popping :xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I truly hope that the admissions committee members give me an opportunity to interview... I'm so happy for everybody who has received interviews and I'm hoping for some good vibes to come my way from dental schools!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1

School:
Touro
Notification date:8/22
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: Late June
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.65, cGPA 3.71
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/21/25/none

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely no reason lol

There is a reason and it is pretty scientific. Humans don't function well on Mondays and tend to slack off an entire's day of work until the last hour of the workday. This is when those invited will get sent--click, send, click, send, click, send, click, send.

Lol I'm joking but kind of could be true I think.

Last edited:
There is a reason and it is a pretty scientific. Humans don't function well on Mondays and tend to slack off an entire's day of work until the last hour of the workday. This is when those invited will get sent--click, send, click, send, click, send, click, send.

Lol I'm joking but kind of could be true I think.
I think so too LOL cus I received both of my invite e-mails somewhere between 3-4PM

Currently bored at work and researching water front houses to purchase in Salt Lake City… idk why I'm doing this but it seems more productive than refreshing my email constantly lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same, but I'm just listening to NPR planet money :D

Interview #1!

School:
Maryland
Notification date: 8/22
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.94, cGPA 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/23/20/none

Anyone else on mobile not seeing the schools that the last 5 people are getting interviews from?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys,

I got an interview from NOVA and due to a conflict I think i'll have to reschedule my interview :( but im nervous about doing so because i don't know if rescheduling will push me to a later date and hinder my chances at admission since it's rolling admissions, make me seem like im not interested in NOVA, etc.

has anyone previously rescheduled their interview using the NOVA scheduling portal? what were your experiences with it? when you press reschedule, NOVA automatically cancels the interview you're currently registered for. in the worst case scenario, would i be able to just take back/schedule for the date I had before? if nothing else fits? has anyone had any experience with this?

thank you so much!!

Interview #2

School: ASDOH

Notification date:8/22
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.5 oGPA 3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/21/none

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #2:
School: Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Notification date: 8/22/16
Residency: New Jersey
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/01/16
Application complete date: 07/01/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.978 Science GPA, 3.986 overall GPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA/26TS/22PAT/22RC/no section below 17

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My prediction: 4:00 pm est things start popping :xf::xf::xf:
1471901014741.jpg

Reactions: 15 users
Interview #1!

School:
Rutgers :clap::soexcited:
Notification date: 8/22/16
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.96, cGPA 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/25/17/none

Reactions: 8 users
My buddy who's applying to the same school as me just got an interview. Meanwhile i'm writing thankyou letters and listening to "Sound of Hugh Glass" Lol
Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Thanks; I got interviews from Detroit Mercy and NOVA and a rejection from MWU-AZ, but that's it so far :/.
Hey what were your stats? I applied to the same schools and I got rejection from MWU-AZ as well but no interviews from NOVA or Detroit Mercy :(

I know this is a little bit off topic but I was wondering if I should add Michigan to my list of schools. Is saw their incoming class statistics and they seem to be a little high and quite frankly threatening. I guess the only thing welcoming is that they are OOS friendly.
Hi, I used to live in Michigan and have been in contact with people that work in Dentistry administration office there....Only apply if you have the high stats as an OOS or you can just apply if you don't mind taking the risk with spending that money. Good luck!

Hey what were your stats? I applied to the same schools and I got rejection from MWU-AZ as well but no interviews from NOVA or Detroit Mercy :(
what are your stats if you don't mind telling me? cus my GPA isn't high at all but I received my interviews from NOVA and Detroit

19 AA and 3.1 GPA. I have a DAT retake in October and I emailed them about it and theyou aknowleged that.
what are your stats if you don't mind telling me? cus my GPA isn't high at all but I received my interviews from NOVA and Detroit
My GPA is also low. My undergrad was low, then I did competitive SMP where i graduated with 3.75. But AADSAS averages the undergrad and masters so overall my GPA is low. Sci GPA - 2.99 nonsci GPA - 3.29. My DAT everything is low 20s except orgo and math. orgo is 16 :(, math is 17 make my AA 19 and TS 19

My GPA is also low. My undergrad was low, then I did competitive SMP where i graduated with 3.75. But AADSAS averages the undergrad and masters so overall my GPA is low. Sci GPA - 2.99 nonsci GPA - 3.29. My DAT everything is low 20s except orgo and math. orgo is 16 :(, math is 17 make my AA 19 and TS 19
Everything seems very competitive except that 16 in Orgo... I feel like that's the one holding you back

Your graduate GPA is good and your DAT is good enough to get interviews and acceptances. Don't kick yourself too hard. Most programs look at your performance at a higher level as a better indicator. Not everyone has a rosey undergrad experience either.

Surely today is the day right?! Schools were busy yesterday preparing invites and today they send? Right?

Reactions: 4 users
I hope y'all are right. I am actually unable to function out of anxiety for invites and school starts today whoops haha.

Interview #2

School:
Touro
Notification date: 8/23
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA 3.77, cGPA 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/25/21/20/none

Interview #3

School:
Touro
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29/16
GPA (science, overall) oGPA: 3.35 / sGPA: 3.32 (grad GPA: 3.40)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/20/18/none

Reactions: 2 users
Rejection #1 (not counting soft rejections of Waitlist for interview and consideration for future interview)

Well, I would be depressed if I didn't have a good grasp that life is too short.

Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/24/16
GPA (undergrad, postbacc MS w/ thesis): 3.5/3.9
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/none

Kind of hurts more because I just told them I got A's in my summer class and did a whole bunch of working with students, volunteering, and this is all on top of working full-time. Not sure what else is left for me to do to be competitive. Oh well.

Next week. Next week will be the magic week. Classes started, more time to review, beginning of a new month. I bet it'll be a flood of interviews.

Rejection #1 (not counting soft rejections of Waitlist for interview and consideration for future interview)

Well, I would be depressed if I didn't have a good grasp that life is too short.

Kind of hurts more because I just told them I got A's in my summer class and did a whole bunch of working with students, volunteering, and this is all on top of working full-time. Not sure what else is left for me to do to be competitive. Oh well.

What's your science gpa?

i know they want a crazy amount of volunteer hours. how much volunteer hours do you have? maybe that the reason they rejected you.

What's your science gpa?

It was above a 3.0 if that's what you want to know. Postbacc Grad was all upper level science so that is 3.9 (over 40 credits worth).

Goes to show you that reapplying doesn't guarantee an interview and even after speaking to the admissions counselor from a previous cycle and doing what they suggested doesn't guarantee you one either.

i know they want a crazy amount of volunteer hours. how much volunteer hours do you have? maybe that the reason they rejected you.

You're quite the detective. That was the reason last year. So I obviously changed that and now even run a service of my own through affiliations.

It was above a 3.0 if that's what you want to know. Postbacc Grad was all upper level science so that is 3.9 (over 40 credits worth).

Goes to show you that reapplying doesn't guarantee an interview and even after speaking to the admissions counselor from a previous cycle and doing what they suggested doesn't guarantee you one either.
What is it combined?

You're quite the detective. That was the reason last year. So I obviously changed that and now even run a service of my own through affiliations.

This is random, but I also know that some schools don't like many DAT retakes (some no more than 2-3). Have you retaken the DAT?

This is random, but I also know that some schools don't like many DAT retakes (some no more than 2-3). Have you retaken the DAT?

why would this be a problem tho? i don't see it being an issue as long as there is an improvement each times. wouldn't this show commitment if an applicants is willing to take it that many times? to me this show that the person really want it and is not giving up.

why would this be a problem tho? i don't see it being an issue as long as there is an improvement each times. wouldn't this show commitment if an applicants is willing to take it that many times? to me this show that the person really want it and is not giving up.

You make valid points, but sadly I'm not an admissions person and I'm just reading off of their sites.

I also don't see a problem with someone retaking the DAT. If someone is dedicated to a goal and isn't happy with their score, I find it hard to believe that retaking and getting a better score is something a dental school would frown upon!

Did anyone else get the temple supplemental? I assume everyone receives it?

2nd Interview

School: Nova
Notification date: 8/23/16
Date: November 18th
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: International
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8/16
Application complete date: 7/28/16
GPA: 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21AA/22TS/18PAT/22RC/18QR

Last edited:
1st Interview

School: UDM
Residency: Colorado
Application complete date: 8/19/16 (new dat)
GPA: ogpa 3.38, sgpa.3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/22TS/18PAT/15RC/20QR

I though i have to retake the DAT because of RC15

Reactions: 4 users
So what does it mean when your status on AADSAS changes from "waiting additional info" to "application complete" with no email notifications? Also, when you have a retake date (like me) do they put you aside until you retake? Tia

1st Interview

School: UDM
Residency: Colorado
Application complete date: 8/19/16 (new dat)
GPA: ogpa 3.38, sgpa.3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20AA/22TS/18PAT/15RC/20QR

I though i have to retake the DAT because of RC15

pretty impressive!