*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Took it September 15th, posted on AADSAS September 28th. Quicker than I expected, be patient and hopefully your scores will be up soon (I'm guessing you're waiting on them) :)

Thank you! @deena44 @8_man @PreDent93 :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_4789.GIF

Here is to the last full week of October! May everyone get so many interview requests that everyone ends up making the same face this dog makes!

Reactions: 23 users
Interview #1
School: Columbia!!!!!
Interview Date: 12/9/16
Notification date: 10/19/16
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/14/16
Application complete date: 10/14/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.47, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22,23,20,21,none

I really cannot believe I got an interview this fast AND for my dream school!!!

CONGRATS!!! Excellent job!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What a slow day :(
No kidding...I had one interview way back in September and I've been waiting patiently ever since :'(

Mail out date: 7/22
cGPA, sGPA: 3.5, 3.25
DAT: 21AA, 21PAT (all scores 20+)
Did my undergrad at Umich and worked as a dental assistant all through college..hundreds of shadowing and volunteer hours, chair on pre-dent board, 4 LORS, one from a dentist I worked for.

What. More. Do. They. Want. Fml.

Reactions: 5 users
No kidding...I had one interview way back in September and I've been waiting patiently ever since :'(

Did my undergrad at Umich and worked as a dental assistant all through college..hundreds of shadowing and volunteer hours, chair on pre-dent board, 4 LORS, one from a dentist I worked for.

How many school did you apply?

Like sorry I didn't climb Mount Everest or find the cure to cancer. The last interview I got was two weeks ago but I'm still going crazy seeing NOTHING on my email lol. Yeah I have stats pretty much like yours 3.66/20AA/24RC and along with being a dental assistant, mission trips abroad, being Vice President of my ASDA, I also did oral cancer research at the dental school in Houston ... idk what more/else they want! Lol yeah my app was complete 9/21. I wish it was complete july or August atleast lol I would've probably had more than the two invites i have right now lol

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, i had a committee letter and the day is waa sent out (7.22) was the day my app waa complete.
Were all your letters attached when your app was mailed out on 7/22? My 4th letter (from a physician) was sent in on 9/23, and only then did I receive several secondaries (only 2 interviews so far).

Like sorry I didn't climb Mount Everest or find the cure to cancer. The last interview I got was two weeks ago but I'm still going crazy seeing NOTHING on my email lol. Yeah I have stats pretty much like yours 3.66/20AA/24RC and along with being a dental assistant, mission trips abroad, being Vice President of my ASDA, I also did oral cancer research at the dental school in Houston ... idk what more/else they want! Lol yeah my app was complete 9/21. I wish it was complete july or August atleast lol I would've probably had more than the two invites i have right now lol

Hey man, at least your last interview invite wasn't August 28th with similar stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, last cycle was 10 pages ahead of ours in terms of activity by this point. Are there a bunch of people receiving invites but not posting ITT?

What a slow day :(
what a slow MONTH....
Man, last cycle was 10 pages ahead of ours in terms of activity by this point. Are there a bunch of people receiving invites but not posting ITT?
It has been unbelievably slow that I'm just assuming that people are not posting their invites. That is the only way I can explain this slowness.

what a slow MONTH....

It has been unbelievably slow that I'm just assuming that people are not posting their invites. That is the only way I can explain this slowness.
I know .. I wanna put an end to the uncertainty of whether it's just a slow cycle or not many people are posting invites lol. I wish more people joined SDN so we could know if the schools didn't die loll

Hey man, at least your last interview invite wasn't August 28th with similar stats.
Props to you for staying sane man. It's been only 2 weeks and I've almost lost my mind lol it sucks. Especially since they don't ever bother sending updates unless they're interviews. There should be some sort of standard as to when they should atleast give a preliminary status.

I know .. I wanna put an end to the uncertainty of whether it's just a slow cycle or not many people are posting invites lol. I wish more people joined SDN so we could know if the schools didn't die loll
Isn't it weird that last year was soooo active, but this year is totally opposite. I wish it was 12/1 already. I'm getting tired of this waiting...

Isn't it weird that last year was soooo active, but this year is totally opposite. I wish it was 12/1 already. I'm getting tired of this waiting...
It really is .. when I checked last cycle's thread for some reference, I was so excited about October coming. I was like yess not only is it my bday month (which makes it awesome) but October looks like it's popping. There were so many invites being posted every single day for last cycle.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who so pissed about this slowness !

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Very strange then, I think your application is solid overall.

sGPA might be a tad low though, have you considered a post-bac or masters?
Yes i know, it's below average. I considered a post grad program but my academic advisor told me to just go for it since my dat score is above average and also i had a rough start my first two years and showed a lot of improvement my second two years. I was told they look favorably upon people like that but maybe that's just not true. I'll definitely be doing a post grad program if i dont get in this cycle....

Are schools going to give out more post-december interviews than pre-december interviews Im confused why there has been like barely any invitations during October

Are schools going to give out more post-december interviews than pre-december interviews Im confused why there has been like barely any invitations during October

I'm starting to think ppl are just not posting the invites they get :/

There have been various reports from different schools that all stated they are interviewing less overall this year, accepting same as always. It seems as though it may be a trend this year.

Source: Adcoms from 3 different schools

There have been various reports from different schools that all stated they are interviewing less overall this year, accepting same as always. It seems as though it may be a trend this year.

Source: Adcoms from 3 different schools

Interesting, do you mind revealing which 3? PM works too if you want to keep it private.

Well as I learned from Texas school that the adcom slowing down the process this cycle by filling less than 50% of the class by December and resume with the other 50% till March . I'm not sure if that's applicable for all schools but it make sense at least here in Texas since they are really slow this cycle. So relax and live with the fact that u did your very best when u applied this cycle. Now just sit back and watch how destiny will play it for u.
This is good to hear as I haven't heard from any Texas schools yet, despite having above average stats (in-state resident). Source?

I'm getting really bummed out sitting on just one interview. It's really such a confidence killer.

This is good to hear as I haven't heard from any Texas schools yet, despite having above average stats (in-state resident). Source?

I got paranoid actually so I contacted the dentist I shadowed who's a friend of one of UT faculty who explained the slowness of the interviews process for this year. But I have to admit it that waiting is killing me.

I got paranoid actually so I contacted the dentist I shadowed who's a friend of one of UT faculty who explained the slowness of the interviews process for this year. But I have to admit it that waiting is killing me.

What was their explanation for the slowness?

Are we stop having pre-Dec interviews? So quiet..

Well, for those who have had our pre-dec interviews we must wait patiently.

For those who have interviews in November, best of luck!

Only a month and a few days left everyone.

I'm getting really bummed out sitting on just one interview. It's really such a confidence killer.
On the same boat with 1 interview OOS, and agree it's a confidence killer. I know with pretty good stats and EC/RECs, we should ultimately be fine in the end, but seeing everyone get pre-Dec interview makes you anxious. As for myself, I applied OOS only as a backup, yet haven't heard back from any in-state school yet. RIP

Interview #4!

School: UMich
Notification date: 10/20/2016
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/24/2016
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.45, oGPA 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/26/23/26/none

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #3

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/25/2016
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/05/2016
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.66, oGPA 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/none

Reactions: 8 users
Interview # 5

School: Rutgers
Notification date: 10/25
Residency: NY
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/14
Application complete date: e-submitted 6/7 GPA Verified 6/29
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.6 oGPA:3.7
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22/TS 24/PAT 23/RC 20/ None

Reactions: 6 users
I'm getting really frustrated. I submitted my AADSAS application mid-July and still have yet to hear back from a single school...How is it that other people who have submitted later than me already were given interviews? Is this year just incredibly slow?

Just a tad bit late..
Interviews # 1-4/Notification Date
Midwestern AZ (9/7)
UNMC (9/14)
Oregon (10/12)
Colorado (10/19)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29
DAT mail-out date: 9/2
I designated Oregon later on 9/16
GPA- 3.8-3.89
DAT- 19AA

Two of my interviews are pre-Dec and two are post.

Last edited:
I'm getting really frustrated. I submitted my AADSAS application mid-July and still have yet to hear back from a single school...How is it that other people who have submitted later than me already were given interviews? Is this year just incredibly slow?

Uh...what are your stats?

Interview #3

School: Pitt
Notification date: 10/25/2016
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/05/2016
GPA (science, overall): sGPA 3.66, oGPA 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/20/20/none

OOS?

And another beautiful/wonderful day with...... absolutely nothing in my emails.

This week has been too long and it's only Tuesday. Sigh :(

Reactions: 11 users
Uh...what are your stats?
I've received secondaries from every school I applied to, so I'm assuming I passed the initial "weed out"... I'll post my stats once I actually get an interview lol

I've received secondaries from every school I applied to, so I'm assuming I passed the initial "weed out"... I'll post my stats once I actually get an interview lol

Secondaries don't really predict your chances of acceptances though, because I believe most schools send the secondaries to EVERY applicant, provided that you meet their mininum GPA and DAT requirement.

Secondaries don't really predict your chances of acceptances though, because I believe most schools send the secondaries to EVERY applicant, provided that you meet their mininum GPA and DAT requirement.
It actually depends on the school itself. Some schools will provide you with a secondary when invited for an interview. It seems that Maryland is one of those schools for which secondary given = interview.

It actually depends on the school itself. Some schools will provide you with a secondary when invited for an interview. It seems that Maryland is one of those schools for which secondary given = interview.

Not true in my case

So.. at this point, we can pretty much assume that most schools are done giving out pre-december interviews right? :')

So.. at this point, we can pretty much assume that most schools are done giving out pre-december interviews right? :')
Cant assume anything, theres a lot of schools. Im sure some are done, some arent. Looking through most of my schools they havnt given out a ton of interviews yet.

Some privates, USC, Western, Temple, Tufts, Nova gave out some pre Decembers based on last years threads, but for the most part state schools are done