*~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those that haven't gotten interviews next and are taking the DAT again when are you planning on starting to study

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The MUSC thread doesn't get much action and I saw someone asked a similar question. My application was complete over the summer but I haven't heard from them. Anyone have experience calling or emailing to see whats up/show some interest? I would really like an interview there but I am also OOS.

Hey my friend was thinking about applying here. Can I ask what are your reasons for having this school as your top choice?

Yeah! For one, two grandparents and both of my parents went there (and met there), plus my brother is a freshman in their engineering program. So Michigan has run in my family for awhile, my dad was actually a cheerleader there and I have fond memories from childhood of going to UM for the homecoming games every year.

More importantly, I attended their ASDA pre-dental bootcamp and was absolutely blown away. Their professors are incredible researchers and educators and the students embody the "work hard/play hard" attitude I live by. Michigan is one of the top dental schools in the country and visiting it firsthand was one of my favorite dental experiences.

Finally, I want to go into dentistry to work in non-profit clinics for underserved areas (hopefully for the rest of my life). Michigan has a specialized pathways program (clinical/research/leadership) and the leadership pathway is something I think will prepare me really well for what I want to do, especially because I will be applying for the National Health Service Corps :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah! For one, two grandparents and both of my parents went there (and met there), plus my brother is a freshman in their engineering program. So Michigan has run in my family for awhile, my dad was actually a cheerleader there and I have fond memories from childhood of going to UM for the homecoming games every year.

More importantly, I attended their ASDA pre-dental bootcamp and was absolutely blown away. Their professors are incredible researchers and educators and the students embody the "work hard/play hard" attitude I live by. Michigan is one of the top dental schools in the country and visiting it firsthand was one of my favorite dental experiences.

Finally, I want to go into dentistry to work in non-profit clinics for underserved areas (hopefully for the rest of my life). Michigan has a specialized pathways program (clinical/research/leadership) and the leadership pathway is something I think will prepare me really well for what I want to do, especially because I will be applying for the National Health Service Corps :)

Not only all of the points that you've mentioned, but they're one of the few dental schools that you get clinical exposure so early and get to treat patients much earlier than other dental schools. Even though the curriculum is much faster paced, you're way ahead and acquire more knowledge quicker then your average dental school.

Secondly, during the outreach in 4th year you do something like 300 procedures, you get your own "assistant" and you're basically a dentist for that week or so.

Thirdly, Ann Arbor is a great town, and there's a lot to do.

Turned down my Tufts invite today, so hopefully someone else gets my spot soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Turned down my Tufts invite today, so hopefully someone else gets my spot soon.

How I imagine @Fets after he declined Tufts interview and posted it on SDN..

IMG_5033.GIF

Reactions: 10 users
lol turned mine down too, great school but I don't have that kind of $$$ for what they want in tuition/living cost.

Sorry, you're talking about cost, but didn't you attend an interview at NYU recently....?

Members don't see this ad :)
**Frantically checking email after seeing interviews are being sent out only to be disappointed by an empty inbox**
l0HlTgRc2uBakZ0Yw.gif

Reactions: 12 users
:arghh::arghh:
**Frantically checking email after seeing interviews are being sent out only to be disappointed by an empty inbox**
l0HlTgRc2uBakZ0Yw.gif

Right? I'm feeling like "Screw Everything to Hell Mellie" right about now :arghh:

I will have to spend around $600 for my NYU interview, not including meals and transportation within NYC. Crazy. I don't think I'll attend this school, of course unless it's my only acceptance. I'm already exhausted from my 6 interviews within the last few months, so I am wondering if I should just call it good and decline in order to get some rest before Dec 1st? Can you give me some advice?

I will have to spend around $600 for my NYU interview, not including meals and transportation within NYC. Crazy. I don't think I'll attend this school, of course unless it's my only acceptance. I'm already exhausted from my 6 interviews within the last few months, so I am wondering if I should just call it good and decline in order to get some rest before Dec 1st? Can you give me some advice?
Unless you've sabotaged all 6 prior interviews then go.... if not then I suggest declining NYU. Also, that opens a slot for me :rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 users

Last edited:
Yeah this is why I declined Tufts. The trip would be so expensive, and I'm already tired of traveling. I'd decline it if I were you. Six other interviews should be enough for at least one acceptance.

Reactions: 5 users
Invite #7 for UCLA!
3.9, 22 AA IS

Reactions: 7 users
CRYINGGG. After 3 weeks of no interviews I can finally post again :clap::banana::biglove::claps::wow:

Interview #3

School: NYU
Notification date: 11/3
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 9/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.66
DAT AA 20/TS 21/RC 24

Edit: scheduled for 11/16! In case anyone was wondering, they still have pre-December dates!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
School: Minnesota!!!

Notified: 11/3

Method: Phone call

Residency: OOS

Mail-out date: 7/11

Complete: 10/22

GPA: 3.86, 3.77s

DAT: 24AA/24PAT

Date of Interview: 11/9

November is looking too good to be true, I hope our nation hasn't devolved into full-on civil war yet by then

Reactions: 8 users
Interviews #1-5

School: Case Western
Notification date: 7/21
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1
Application complete date: 7/5

School: UConn
Notification date: 9/12
Application complete date: 7/7

School: Temple
Notification date: 9/21
Application complete date: 7/13

School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 10/17
Application complete date: 7/25

School: Columbia
Notification date: 11/1
Application complete date:

Residency: PA
GPA (science, overall): 3.73, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/26/22/none

I see November is moving!!!! Good luck to all! The month has started on a good note. A few weeks left till the BIG DAY

Reactions: 6 users
I'm so not ready for this... too nervous. I've been thinking "What if I don't get in anywhere?" everyday..
You are definitely not alone. Hey, at least you have 6 pre December interviews and not 3.. lol.

Reactions: 4 users
I am very fortunate to not only have a pre-December interview, but also have it at my top choice. I hope December is good to all of us.
Hey @Viva Terlingua is right at the end of the day though! Haha don't worry the best part is it's at your top choice. My first one is at my top choice but I wish I got one before that to practice and get a hang of things. Lol but it's meant to be this way so let's do it!

Hey @Viva Terlingua is right at the end of the day though! Haha don't worry the best part is it's at your top choice. My first one is at my top choice but I wish I got one before that to practice and get a hang of things. Lol but it's meant to be this way so let's do it!
Very true! It's completely out of my hands at this point, now if only I could get it out of my head for a little while! :nailbiting:

I'm so not ready for this... too nervous. I've been thinking "What if I don't get in anywhere?" everyday..

Same here!! It's like you did your best and it took a lot of effort to get to where you are today...BUT still, what if?

Reactions: 2 users
For those invited for an interview at LECOM, what was their method of notification? Thanks!

Alright cool. Was there a change on your LECOM portal? (under admissions status what does it say?) Thanks!
Yeah, the change was also on portal and it said something like "Congratulations! you've been invited to interview."

If the cubs can win the world series, you all can get into dental school. JUST BELIEVE

Reactions: 16 users
You are definitely not alone. Hey, at least you have 6 pre December interviews and not 3.. lol.

You are a reapplicant so you've gone through this before. Must make you even more nervous.

You are a reapplicant so you've gone through this before. Must make you even more nervous.
I am not a reapplicant! Are you talking about @sexylife ?? But he/she is set tho. That's a lot to get in some where aha

Interview #2!!!

School: Uconn
Notification date: 11/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1 mailed again 8/19 with new DAT scores

Interview will be Nov 11!!!!

Why r schools sending interview notification so close to the interview date!!! Like why not make us happy earlier!!!