Official 2016-2017: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No what you do is get a big bowl of stuffing. Scoop out a small portion and then take the whole bowl while leaving the small portion for everyone else. Then the next step is to hide it and tell mom your dumb dog or brother ate all the stuffing and hope she makes more. Rinse and repeat. Profit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
No what you do is get a big bowl of stuffing. Scoop out a small portion and then take the whole bowl while leaving the small portion for everyone else. Then the next step is to hide it and tell mom your dumb dog or brother ate all the stuffing and hope she makes more. Rinse and repeat. Profit.
God I hate stuffing.
Absolutely disgusting lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A little late to the party but I'm joining. I'm so sick of waiting. Waited for 2 MCAT scores and now this.....
>.<

Reactions: 1 user
Been ghosting this thread for a while and held back the urge to post, but giving into despair now after a tough work day... >.>

Reactions: 3 users
This thread is making me realize that the worst part of living outside of the states is missing delicious thanksgiving meals!! (and fall colors - so jealous of all you midwesterners this time of year!)

Not only are schools giving me the cold shoulder, but my junk mail file is too... maybe I want to know how to make $1000 in two hours geez LOVE ME

Reactions: 2 users
Been ghosting this thread for a while and held back the urge to post, but giving into despair now after a tough work day... >.>
I had a rough day today too man. We can't give up though! One day we will look back as attending docs and laugh at our stupid pre med selves!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a rough day today too man. We can't give up though! One day we will look back as attending docs and laugh at our stupid pre med selves!
Solidarity, brother. Time is our only enemy.

Reactions: 3 users
100% sure I failed a mid-term today. Started filling out AACOMAS since I'd like to be able to get in while I still can.

Hey y'all, we can do this. All of these threads end with a lot of happy people and a few people who are rejuvenated for another start. I am not a natural optimist but you shouldn't spend the whole year putting yourself down and then get an interview and feel unworthy. You either are worthy of an interview or you will be next year!
100% sure I failed a mid-term today. Started filling out AACOMAS since I'd like to be able to get in while I still can.

Hey y'all, we can do this. All of these threads end with a lot of happy people and a few people who are rejuvenated for another start. I am not a natural optimist but you shouldn't spend the whole year putting yourself down and then get an interview and feel unworthy. You either are worthy of an interview or you will be next year!
The sad people leave lol
Also I'm serious about applying DO, I need to get that in before my GPA possibly tanks this semester and cripples me forever

Solidarity, brother. Time is our only enemy.
Thanks man, A friend of mine attempted suicide over the weekend and I was the first person she called once she hit the edge. She sent me a "snap" of her with a knife on her wrist. Thankfully she's fine, but its really getting hard to stay optimistic and cheer everyone else up when I can barely be hopeful myself!

You'll find a way to succeed anyway. I believe in you.
Well I need this class to graduate so no way I'm not going to at least pass. But I'm tired of walking on eggshells, I hate this major and I hate my undergrad. I'm pushing the eject button, my stats can probably guarantee me a DO seat anyway

Thanks man, A friend of mine attempted suicide over the weekend and I was the first person she called once she hit the edge. She sent me a "snap" of her with a knife on her wrist. Thankfully she's fine, but its really getting hard to stay optimistic and cheer everyone else up when I can barely be hopeful myself!

Been through a very similar situation. Keeping cheerful and happy is hard, but when you do and she sees that you are, it will somewhat radiate to her. Especially if you're the first person she called. Hoping everything gets better, both for you and her!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Been through a very similar situation. Keeping cheerful and happy is hard, but when you do and she sees that you are, it will somewhat radiate to her. Especially if you're the first person she called. Hoping everything gets better, both for you and her!

Thanks for the kind words friend! I feel better already :laugh:
It was a rough weekend but I went for a run/swim and now my head is a little clearer. It still weighs on me but hey, you gotta deal with this kind of stuff as a doc!

Well I need this class to graduate so no way I'm not going to at least pass. But I'm tired of walking on eggshells, I hate this major and I hate my undergrad. I'm pushing the eject button, my stats can probably guarantee me a DO seat anyway

If you made it all this way you can make a strong finish. Even with the midterm. Take a weekend off, clear your head, and get back at it.

Guarantee may be a bit much, I don't think there are any guarantees in the medical school process :whistle:
True, but I think it's very very likely that I will get into a DO school.
If you made it all this way you can make a strong finish. Even with the midterm. Take a weekend off, clear your head, and get back at it.
Thanks for the optimism. But I'd like to do this just as a realistic option.

Dude then just apply to DO and go get your "guaranteed" seat.. there are people looking at this tread that have no DO interviews and it's not going to help their confidence anymore than yours right now.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't know what I'll do with all my free time if BoozyTie-Fighter disappeared to the DO side of SDN !!!!
I don't venture over there, it freaks me out man. Wrong side of town.

WHO WILL I MAKE FUN OF BARATHEON? WHO?! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS

Dude, people are trying to cheer you up and encourage you, at least be a little nicer about it instead of shooting everything down. I'm no optimist, but it's really not looking all that bad for you yet, class-wise or admissions-wise. Take some positivity when you can! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Dude then just apply to DO and go get your "guaranteed" seat.. there are people looking at this tread that have no DO interviews and it's not going to help their confidence anymore than yours right now.

Dude, I agreed that guaranteed was a strong word.. I was just mad about this whole process
I don't know what I'll do with all my free time if BoozyTie-Fighter disappeared to the DO side of SDN !!!!
I don't venture over there, it freaks me out man. Wrong side of town.

WHO WILL I MAKE FUN OF BARATHEON? WHO?! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME LIKE THIS
Stay golden ponyboy

Dude, people are trying to cheer you up and encourage you, at least be a little nicer about it instead of shooting everything down. I'm no optimist, but it's really not looking all that bad for you yet, class-wise or admissions-wise. Take some positivity when you can! :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I just wanted to set up a plan B, but I really appreciate your support

Just my $.02, but three are some really awesome DO schools, that are in some great areas. Go ahead and send it man! My friend who has two MD II just sent in AACOMAS because she was naive to how awesome a lot of DO schools are. Also, at the end of your cycle, I'm sure the interviews you'll get for some DOs will help prepare for any of your end of cycle MD interviews. Best of luck Dude and everyone else on this thread!

You guys are going to be yuge. The cycle is still young.

That's a lot of stress! Glad she's okay in the end. I guess you mean a lot for her since you're the first person she contacted.

Btw guys, I just noticed on my verified app that a bunch of my AP credits have an X mark, meaning "Verified with correction". The box listing the grade was changed from "AP" to "G". This doesn't mean anything right?

Btw guys, I just noticed on my verified app that a bunch of my AP credits have an X mark, meaning "Verified with correction". The box listing the grade was changed from "AP" to "G". This doesn't mean anything right?

Nada - It's unused in GPA calculations either way. Mine got corrected as well.

4 months ago I viewed the middle of October as a magical time of the year when I'd be celebrating - an II, acceptance, or some forward progress in this ever foggy haze of application season. Today came and went, no II's the richer and one more rejection to throw on the pyre.

Still, we must persevere!

Reactions: 9 users
Come on guys, we can do this! Yesterday was rough, but today is another day!

You is kind, you is smart, you is important

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I'm starting to think I was spoiled by my first cycle as I have gotten completely paranoid about the silence since during the previous cycle, I already had 4 interviews by this point...I am feeling genuinely terrified and completely pessimistic about this and my family isn't helping me...

I'm starting to think I was spoiled by my first cycle as I have gotten completely paranoid about the silence since during the previous cycle, I already had 4 interviews by this point...I am feeling genuinely terrified and completely pessimistic about this and my family isn't helping me...
4 interviews?? Why do you think you didn't get in last year

Doesn't happen often, but it does. I had a friend who had 7+ interviews in the first app cycle and didn't get into any schools. You were probably a very strong candidate on paper to have 4 interviews by October, so it might have been your interviewing skills. And if you're a reapplicant to some of the schools then you need to show them significant improvement. New PS, letters, extracurriculars, etc.

It's normal to feel alone and pessimistic, but evaluate your apps again. It's not too late to apply to DO schools either for a backup plan. Granted no one wants to go through this more than once, but I do know of people who applied 3 or 4 times to medical school. They persevered and eventually got in. It sucks, but if you want to be a doctor then you have to do whatever it takes right?

4 interviews?? Why do you think you didn't get in last year

A whole set of problems which could be summed up as me being bad at interviews.

Doesn't happen often, but it does. I had a friend who had 7+ interviews in the first app cycle and didn't get into any schools. You were probably a very strong candidate on paper to have 4 interviews by October, so it might have been your interviewing skills. And if you're a reapplicant to some of the schools then you need to show them significant improvement. New PS, letters, extracurriculars, etc.

It's normal to feel alone and pessimistic, but evaluate your apps again. It's not too late to apply to DO schools either for a backup plan. Granted no one wants to go through this more than once, but I do know of people who applied 3 or 4 times to medical school. They persevered and eventually got in. It sucks, but if you want to be a doctor then you have to do whatever it takes right?

I already have sent out DO applications some time in August.

I'm worried because this is the last year my MCAT will be accepted at all.

A whole set of problems which could be summed up as me being bad at interviews.

I already have sent out DO applications some time in August.

I'm worried because this is the last year my MCAT will be accepted at all.
Wait, and you don't have any DO interviews either?

Y'all. Got an II today. First one. Keep the faith.

Reactions: 15 users

This type of mindset may have a big thing to do with why you don't have any interviews yet. I think we've all learned that nothing on this path is guaranteed!

This type of mindset may have a big thing to do with why you don't have any interviews yet. I think we've all learned that nothing on this path is guaranteed!
Dude, I already stated above that I was angry when I made that post. I know that it's not guaranteed but I think it's incredibly likely that I can get into a DO school.
And no, that is not how I expressed myself on my application

Status
Not open for further replies.