Official Acceptances C/O 2016!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
how did you guys get acceptances without interviews at RVC? i'm so jealous :( i applied but haven't heard a peep from them besides the email confirming that they received my application!

Members don't see this ad.

Michigan State University: coatofmanycolor (email 11/10, OOS)

Ohio State University: coatofmanycolor (call 11/14, OOS) AspenMarie (call 11/15, IS), mulletsarelove (call 11/15, OOS)

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year)

Massey University: bigkittinteef (email 10/27)

Ross University (vetprep): CanadianHope (call 10/10)

Ross University (May): jalyndani (snail mail 11/10)

OMG I still can't believe it. They said they're also considering me for a scholarship. I'm in a daze.

http://ellieintheuk.blogspot.com/ For anyone that is interested in going to the RVC, this blog is wonderful. It's written by a girl from the US that is currently in her 3rd year of the 4 year program. She goes over the entire process and describes what to expect regarding: weather, food, housing, financial aid, classes (with pictures!!!), exams, rotations, everything! Definitely glance through it, she's hilarious. :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
how did you guys get acceptances without interviews at RVC? i'm so jealous :( i applied but haven't heard a peep from them besides the email confirming that they received my application!
Don't worry yet, I was absolutely certain it was all over for me yesterday when my friend received an interview invite and I didn't. Then I woke up to my acceptance this morning. It'll all work out. Do you feel good about your application?

i feel very good about my app...i have only SA experience, but very varied and research experience as well. high GPA (3.97), great eLORs (at least i thought so) and above average GREs (1340 total). hope to hear from them soon :(

i feel very good about my app...i have only SA experience, but very varied and research experience as well. high GPA (3.97), great eLORs (at least i thought so) and above average GREs (1340 total). hope to hear from them soon :(
You should be hearing from them really soon then. I don't think they consider the GREs (I didn't send mine) and your GPA is superb, better than mine. It really helps that I had over 9200 hours of experience with everything except research. small, exotic, equine, wildlife, livestock you name it. I think you'll be hearing from them very soon. Is the RVC your first choice? Definitely check out that blog I posted. It's the best! Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Ohio State University: coatofmanycolor (call 11/14, OOS) AspenMarie (call 11/15, IS), mulletsarelove (call 11/15, OOS)

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year)

You should be hearing from them really soon then. I don't think they consider the GREs (I didn't send mine) and your GPA is superb, better than mine. It really helps that I had over 9200 hours of experience with everything except research. small, exotic, equine, wildlife, livestock you name it. I think you'll be hearing from them very soon. Is the RVC your first choice? Definitely check out that blog I posted. It's the best! Good luck and let me know how it turns out!

Hey! See you got it too! We'll be course mates next year if you're gonna choose RVC. Anyway, I went to the reception that RVC hosted for accepted students yesterday. They mentioned that the 5 of us were the lucky few who were given automatic acceptance. Honestly, i do not even know why. HAHA

http://ellieintheuk.blogspot.com/ For anyone that is interested in going to the RVC, this blog is wonderful. It's written by a girl from the US that is currently in her 3rd year of the 4 year program. She goes over the entire process and describes what to expect regarding: weather, food, housing, financial aid, classes (with pictures!!!), exams, rotations, everything! Definitely glance through it, she's hilarious. :)

Aw shucks, you make me blush! :)

Congrats to all who've made it in to schools so far!! So excited for you all!

Aw shucks, you make me blush! :)

Congrats to all who've made it in to schools so far!! So excited for you all!
Oh my goodness, you are the one who wrote the blog? Thank you so much! I love reading through it during class (very bad, I know). I think the best part is that your writing reminds me of Bridget Jones' Diary. :)

Hey! See you got it too! We'll be course mates next year if you're gonna choose RVC. Anyway, I went to the reception that RVC hosted for accepted students yesterday. They mentioned that the 5 of us were the lucky few who were given automatic acceptance. Honestly, i do not even know why. HAHA
Really? That is amazing! I feel so lucky. :) From what I remember, you were a really strong applicant with high GPA, (and a lot of experience I'm guessing?) so it can't be that surprising for you! I look forward to meeting you if I do end up at the RVC, which seems to be the plan as of right now.

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year)

Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance! Is the RVC your top choice? :)

Really? That is amazing! I feel so lucky. :) From what I remember, you were a really strong applicant with high GPA, (and a lot of experience I'm guessing?) so it can't be that surprising for you! I look forward to meeting you if I do end up at the RVC, which seems to be the plan as of right now.

Haha no, I'm from Singapore. we take the Cambridge A Levels for high school. I got AAA for Bio, Chem, Maths. I won't say my experience is that plenty, just a few on and off clinical experiences at local vet clinics every schoo holiday. You?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Congratulations on your acceptance! Is the RVC your top choice? :)

Hey there! Well any vet school I get into is my top choice so atm yes RVC is it! haha but I haven't heard back from any other schools yet. How about yourself?

Hey there! Well any vet school I get into is my top choice so atm yes RVC is it! haha but I haven't heard back from any other schools yet. How about yourself?
I always saw the RVC as my top choice. But now I'm not as certain. I've talked to a couple people from Edinburgh and Glasgow and they seem to LOVE Scotland. The schools are supposed to wonderful and the people are kind. I hear people are really happy at the RVC as well so I might just have to go visit all of them before I decide! I read blogs of students attending these schools but nothing replaces a real visit. Where else are you waiting to hear from?

I always saw the RVC as my top choice. But now I'm not as certain. I've talked to a couple people from Edinburgh and Glasgow and they seem to LOVE Scotland. The schools are supposed to wonderful and the people are kind. I hear people are really happy at the RVC as well so I might just have to go visit all of them before I decide! I read blogs of students attending these schools but nothing replaces a real visit. Where else are you waiting to hear from?

I really hate to sound like a broken, nagging record - but this thread really is just to post when people have heard about acceptances from schools. If you have specific questions for a person please send them a PM. When I see this thread bumped up I assume someone has heard from a school and I check to see who and what school - only to see another private message - I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets their hopes up when the thread is bumped.

Please do your best to find a different thread for your conversations because they are definitely important and a big part of what SDN is about - just not on this thread.

Thanks!

I really hate to sound like a broken, nagging record - but this thread really is just to post when people have heard about acceptances from schools. If you have specific questions for a person please send them a PM. When I see this thread bumped up I assume someone has heard from a school and I check to see who and what school - only to see another private message - I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets their hopes up when the thread is bumped.

Please do your best to find a different thread for your conversations because they are definitely important and a big part of what SDN is about - just not on this thread.

Thanks!

I apologize for getting your hopes up. I hope you hear good news soon. Have a wonderful day and good luck!

Thanks!

:thumbup: - sorry for the bump, just need to show support on this!

International Schools

Guelph: coatofmanycolor (email 11/30, International)

Hey. I have a 3.96 GPA and GRE-770Q, 670V. I can tell you more later (but right now I'm in theory studying for a test:D)

How do you keep your GPA that high? Does it come natural or do you study all of the time? Just wondering because it comes as a struggle for me.

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year)

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year)

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year)

*****I can't believe i'm posting here. never thought this day would come. i am SO excited i am actually going to vet school!!!!***** :eek: :D :love:

I'm so, so happy for you, Sunnex! Congrats!

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year)

*****I can't believe i'm posting here. never thought this day would come. i am SO excited i am actually going to vet school!!!!***** :eek: :D :love:
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!! I knew you'd get in! Maybe we'll end up classmates! :D

Congratulations LOKE1988 and Kegra! I'm happy for your acceptances! Maybe we'll be classmates next year! :)

CONGRATS SUNNEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You rock!!!!!!! I knew you would! :soexcited::hardy::D

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year) :soexcited:

That's awesome, Sunnex! Congrats!

:soexcited: :highfive: :woot: :biglove:

aww thanks guys i feel so loved :)
good luck to everyone else :love: :luck: :xf:

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year), bksambo (email 12/2, 5 year)

International Schools

Whoo hoo Sunnex!!!! :highfive:

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year), bksambo (email 12/2, 5 year)

Yay! Congratulations! I'm so happy you got in!

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year) :soexcited:

Congratulations pumaconcolor! :D

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year), bksambo (email 12/2, 5 year), CurrySpice (e-mail 12/2, 4 year)

Ross University (May): jalyndani (snail mail 11/10)[/QUOTE]

CurrySpice-Warmest Congratulations!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! So excited for you!

Dang it - false hope once again. You're one of the folks on my 'stalk for acceptance' list this year. Regardless - sunnex, CONGRATS!!!! :clap:

International Schools

Royal Veterinary College (RVC) : karlleo (11/1), Aleho (email 11/18, 4 year), jos05 (email 11/18, 5 year), bigkittinteef (email 11/18, 4 year), AJen (email 11/18, 4 year), kegra (email 12/2, 4 year), Loke1988 (email 12/2, 4 year); sunnex3 (email 12/2, 4 year), pumaconcolor (email 12/2, 4 year), bksambo (email 12/2, 5 year), CurrySpice (e-mail 12/2, 4 year), FlyingVet2012 (email 12/2, 5 year)

Ross University (May): jalyndani (snail mail 11/10)[/QUOTE], Flying Vet2012 (call 11/29)

Congrats Curry Spice and Sunnex!!!

So excited for you guys. :)

Dang it - false hope once again. You're one of the folks on my 'stalk for acceptance' list this year. Regardless - sunnex, CONGRATS!!!! :clap:

And YOU are on MY 'stalk for acceptance list', so quit giving me a heart attack! :p