*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2012-2013*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is that time of year again! :eek:

The AMCAS Application will be opening SOON! This is a place for all things AMCAS related so that we don't flood the first page. All threads created after this one will be merged into this thread. All previously created threads that are bumped will be re-directed here, and closed if bumped again.

Reminder: Each thread has a search function!! PLEASE use it!!.

Also, one of your first resources should be the source itself. The AMCAS FAQ can be found here and the instruction manual can be found here.

This thread is brought to you by the Pre-Allopathic Volunteer Staff. Ask away, and good luck!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Helpful Links:
Official Letters of Recommendation Questions Thread

Official Personal Statement Reader Thread

Last Year's AMCAS Verification Thread (Helps you see how long it takes to get verified at various times of the year) ...and in graphical form here.

Applicant Sticky

AMCAS FAQ

General Submission/Big Picture Questions
1. When does AMCAS open? How soon can I submit?
The AMCAS application opens around May 5th. You can submit on or around June 1st.

2. When can I start uploading my transcripts to AMCAS?
As soon as the application opens, on May 5th.

3. How should I organize my information in the Work and Activities Section?
The Pre-Allo staff is working on a new thread for that compiles some of the best bits of information and contains a FAQ. That thread can be found here. Please post questions regarding this section into this thread. The old threads for that live here and here.

4. What about Letters of Rec?
Funny you should ask. There is a thread for that too.

5. What should I include in my personal statement?
Wouldn't you know....there is a thread for that too;) Check out the Official Personal Statement Reader Thread for some great advice.

6. How is AMCAS different from prior years?
See these threads for more information : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=804620 and http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=807218

7. What is all of this about being a reapplicant?
Once you have submitted an AMCAS application and are verified, you will be considered a re-applicant the following year. Even though you may not be a re-applicant at a particular school, the AMCAS application will reflect that you have "previously applied to medical school" in that you have had a verified application from a previous year. Every school you apply to will be able to see this, regardless of whether you applied to that particular school before or not.

8. What parts of the AMCAS application can I change after submitting? If I change these things, will I have to wait longer?
You can add and assign LORs (Letters of Recommendation)
You can change your name, current address, and alternate names
You can add a future MCAT test date

Several other things that can be found here on the AMCAS official site.
No, you will not have to wait longer once you re-submit.

9. How long does it take to get verified after submitting?

It varies. Generally, the later you submit, the longer it takes. You can look at last year's verification times here and in graphical form here.

10. When do secondaries come out?

This varies from school to school. If you are interested in a particular school, your best bet is to check out that school's specific thread in the "School Specific Discussions" forum.

11. What are some important dates that I should know?

May 1
2013 AMCAS application opens
June 5
Applications may be submitted
June 29
Data transferred to medical schools
August 1
EDP Deadline (app & transcripts)

Source: https://www.aamc.org/students/downlo...sentation.pptx

Transcript/Coursework Questions
12. What about transcripts in general? Tell me everything!
Once the AMCAS application opens in May, you will be given an AMCAS ID number. You are also then able to add schools (and the dates you attended those schools) into AMCAS. When you do this, you will be able to print a transcript sheet that contains your AMCAS ID number on it for each school. When you go to order your transcripts, have your school include this sheet with the transcripts to be sent.
12a. I know this was asked in question 3 above....but do I really really really have to include every transcript?
Yes, you MUST include transcripts from all colleges you have ever attended. You cannot send the transcripts yourself (as in, getting a copy into your hands, and then sending it to AMCAS); they have to come from the school directly to be considered official.
12b. Do I have to include the AMCAS sheet when sending in my transcripts? What happens if I don't?
You should really include this sheet; giving AMCAS any chance to lose your transcripts is a bad idea. However, I can tell you from personal experience that one of the 8 transcripts I had to send was done online, and I was unable to include the sheet. I gave instructions for them to write my AMCAS ID on the envelope, and it got there fine. But again....making more work for AMCAS employees or giving them an excuse to lose your stuff is never a good idea.

13. What about in-progress courses, or courses I know I am going to take over the summer? What about Pre-reqs I am taking over the summer?
There is a chance for you to list all future courses on the AMCAS application. No, you can not update these grades later in AMCAS, but you CAN update individual schools later with these grades. This is actually a perfect opportunity for you to send an Update Letter to schools telling them again how much you love them, and telling them what you've been up to.

14. I took a class at a community college while I was in high school. Do I still need to report that transcript?
Yes. If you don't, you are risking being found out and having a school revoke an acceptance.

15. My spring grades don't come out until May/June/July/Whatever. Should I wait until I get them to submit my application?

If you decide you want to apply as early as possible, your spring grades would not be on your transcript. This is a judgement call. If your spring grades matter a LOT (they contain 3 prereqs, all As, and this is the first time you've taken a full load), wait until they come in before you send your transcripts in.

If not (they result in a minimal impact to your GPA, have only 1 prereq, and don't show anything special), go ahead and submit and plan to send updates to schools. Sending them some good grades is a good reason to contact them later if you've had a lot of silence from them. You are at a greater advantage being early than having more grades that will barely impact your GPA.
I would also suggest "rushing" transcripts whenever possible. The peace of mind is worth the extra money.
Also, keep in mind; you can submit without transcripts. The problem is that you will not be verified without them.

16. Does AMCAS begin verifying my coursework once they receive my transcripts?

No. AMCAS only verifies coursework once you submit your application. AMCAS will send you an email notifying you of the date they receive your transcript and the school that sent it, but that doesn't mean that your coursework is being verified.

17. Do I need to send in my transcript again, even if I sent it in last year?
Yes. See here https://www.aamc.org/students/applyi..._faqs-6.3.html

18. Will medical schools notice that a class included a lab?
In addition to selecting the "Combined Lecture and Lab" radio button, it is recommended that you add "and Lab" to the end of the course name. The 2012 AMCAS instruction manual says this:
If the lab credit is included with the lecture course credit, append the phrase "and Lab" to the exact course title as it appears on the official transcript. For example, if "General Chemistry II" appears on the official transcript and lab credit is included with the lecture course credit, enter "General Chemistry II and Lab" and indicate "Yes" in response to the question, "Did this course include a lab section?" AMCAS is not responsible for any processing delays or missed deadlines resulting from incorrect listings of course names and numbers.
19. I really think that this class I took should be considered BCPM, but I think AMCAS will change my classification because of the department it was taught in. What should I do?
You can feel free to classify it to the best of your ability. Keep in mind that AMCAS says "Each course must be assigned a course classification based strictly on the primary content of the course." AMCAS may or may not reclassify the course. Once your application is verified by AMCAS, you can look at your coursework and easily tell which classes they altered by using this guide https://www.aamc.org/students/applyi...hared_3.2.html
If you disagree with a change that AMCAS made, then submit an "Academic Change Request" form found on the Main Menu of your AMCAS application, but be prepared to back up your claim.

20. Help! What do I do with my AP classes?
Read through the AMCAS instruction manual, particularly page 41. For additional information on specific schools that accept AP credit, see this thread.

21. How do repeat courses average into the AMCAS application?
Both classes will need to be listed when you enter your information into AMCAS, and they will both be used when calculating your final GPA. If you want, you can this of this as "averaging" the grade, with the full amount of credit being equal to both classes together. Example: 3 units of C, class is retaken for 3 units of A. The final calculation would be 6 units of B.

22. Can I have my school send in a digital copy of my transcript? What email address do I send it to?
Hard copies of all of your transcripts are required. You can't do a digital copy at this time.

This FAQ is a work in progress. Please feel free to make suggestions in this thread for its contents; both questions and answers.

Special Thanks to the following for their contributions to the FAQ:
mauberley
sector9
...and CougarMD for providing the template for this thread
:luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I was planning on taking the MCAT april 28th but I'm thinking about rescheduling... If I still get the rest of my app completed quickly and just have the MCAT score waiting, how does that work? For instance if i rescheduled to mid-may or so, how would that affect me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was planning on taking the MCAT april 28th but I'm thinking about rescheduling... If I still get the rest of my app completed quickly and just have the MCAT score waiting, how does that work? For instance if i rescheduled to mid-may or so, how would that affect me?
Merging with AMCAS Questions thread

You can submit and be verified without your MCAT score. If you do so, your score will be automatically forwarded to all schools you've applied to once it is available. On your application, you would indicate your future test date and medical schools will hold off on processing your app further until they have your score

It will not affect you at all. Just submit when you are ready and your scores will come in when they come in. AMCAS will not release the first batch of applications till June 29th anyways. Even if your score comes in after that, the school will just hold your application until it comes in. Most schools will even send you the secondary w/o your MCAT scores.

My advice though would be to only apply to one school to get verified and then add schools once your score comes in incase it is crap so you do not waist a ton of money on application fees.

11. What are some important dates that I should know?

May 1
June 1
June 17
August 1

Just thought I would let everyone know two dates have changed this year. It is as follows:

May 1
June 5
June 29
August 1

Source: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/178468/data/amcas_student_presentation.pptx

can someone clarify about the june 17th thing? does that mean the earliest you can get verified is a few days after that?

can someone clarify about the june 17th thing? does that mean the earliest you can get verified is a few days after that?
See DAPI's post above. The dates are a little different this year.

May 1- The application opens so you can start filling it out online, start sending in your transcripts and LORs, etc. You won't be able to submit yet. AMCAS will still send you an email letting you know that they received materials but you can't be verified
June 5- You can finally submit your application if you are ready. AMCAS will start verifying your coursework as well. However, your application, even if it is verified, will not be sent to any medical schools yet until...
June 29- The first day that applications will be sent to medical schools. After this day, applications will be sent to medical schools as they are verified

ok thanks. do you know the average time it takes to get verified if you get your transcripts in around June 20-25th? i remember it was only a few days if you submit as early as possible. i am trying to decide whether to include my last quarter or not before i apply.

ok thanks. do you know the average time it takes to get verified if you get your transcripts in around June 20-25th? i remember it was only a few days if you submit as early as possible. i am trying to decide whether to include my last quarter or not before i apply.
You can check out these resources that Saggy linked to in the FAQ
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=820933 Last year's verification thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=896313 Last year's thread but in fancy graphical form

I would wait for the grades personally

Relevant LizzyM quote
My opinion: Juniors should wait and submit after Spring quarter grades are posted. Seniors are ok submitting without Spring quarter grades.

Also, I'd be sure to have a grade for all pre-reqs so if you've taken any of those in Spring quarter, submit after grades are posted.

Finally, if your quarter gpa is anticipated to be higher than your current total gpa, it is in your best interest to wait and get that little bump in gpa before submitting your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can check out these resources that Saggy linked to in the FAQ
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=820933 Last year's verification thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=896313 Last year's thread but in fancy graphical form

I would wait for the grades personally

AMCAS has a nicer graphical representation of verification times in their "AMCAS Webinar: 2013 Application changes" found here and pictured below for your connivence

11szc5z.png

Reactions: 1 user
AMCAS has a nicer graphical representation of verification times in their "AMCAS Webinar: 2013 Application changes" found here and pictured below for your connivence

11szc5z.png
Thanks!

Interesting though that catzzz88's version clearly shows wait times exceeding 35 days for multiple data points but AMCAS doesn't show any past 25 days :confused:

Thanks!

Interesting though that catzzz88's version clearly shows wait times exceeding 35 days for multiple data points but AMCAS doesn't show any past 25 days :confused:

Hmm that is interesting.
Compare:
AAMC 7/8: About 12 days
Catzzz88's 7/6: About 25 days

:confused:

Edit: The self reported SDN data looks pretty consistent too....now the AAMC looks sketch.

For those that have previously applied in the past, did you guys ask your university's registrar's office to send your official transcripts around when the application opened on May 1?

For those that have previously applied in the past, did you guys ask your university's registrar's office to send your official transcripts around when the application opened on May 1?
According to the AMCAS website, some are sending in transcripts even now, and they are being marked RECEIVED.

According to the AMCAS website, some are sending in transcripts even now, and they are being marked RECEIVED.

Interesting. Isn't it "better" to wait for the application to open on May 1, so we can use the AMCAS transcript request forms (to ensure everything is matched properly?). At any rate, requesting and sending transcripts is pretty fast; I don't see any reason to rush ><

Hey Question
From the time I go to my school (i only attended one university) and request they send my transcripts, assuming i do whatever possible to have them send it the fastest, how long will it take for AAMC to receive my transcripts and verify?. For example i should all my application finished by june 5th, but i want to wait for my spring grades (which will be A's) to be included on my transcript before i submit my application. I usually receive grades around june 20. Is there enough time to have it all verified before the app is sent to medical schools june 29th?

Hey Question
From the time I go to my school (i only attended one university) and request they send my transcripts, assuming i do whatever possible to have them send it the fastest, how long will it take for AAMC to receive my transcripts and verify?. For example i should all my application finished by june 5th, but i want to wait for my spring grades (which will be A's) to be included on my transcript before i submit my application. I usually receive grades around june 20. Is there enough time to have it all verified before the app is sent to medical schools june 29th?
No you won't have enough time.

You're looking at a few days delay in mailing your transcript in, a while to wait before AMCAS marks your transcript as received, then you have to wait for AMCAS to verify your transcript after you submit. You won't have time to do all that in 9 days.

That being said, I would go ahead and wait for the grades instead of applying without them.

Interesting. Isn't it "better" to wait for the application to open on May 1, so we can use the AMCAS transcript request forms (to ensure everything is matched properly?). At any rate, requesting and sending transcripts is pretty fast; I don't see any reason to rush ><

I will probably wait until May 1 when it opens so I can put in all my classes in there that same day, matching that with my official transcript, print the request forms from AMCAS, and attach that to the official transcript my school's registrar office is going to send to AMCAS. I might make the delivery like next-day or a fast one similar to that.

Would a job as a Home Health Worker (essentially a caregiver for those with chronic illnesses in their home) be classified as employment or clinical experience? I'm thinking it's the former (because it's not a hospital setting) but I just wanted to make sure. Thank you in advance!

i'm pretty sure there is a designation for "employment: clinical" so i would put that.

Would a job as a Home Health Worker (essentially a caregiver for those with chronic illnesses in their home) be classified as employment or clinical experience? I'm thinking it's the former (because it's not a hospital setting) but I just wanted to make sure. Thank you in advance!

It's employment. The clinical option only applies for volunteering. Just be sure to effectively use the description space to describe the activity so that reviewers know what you did.

Two Questions:

1) What are your thoughts on adding a hobbies section. I didn't do this the first time I applied, and people seem VERY torn on whether to use it other than for just getting a 15th activity.

I could add writing and sports (played tons of IM sports and just play soccer in some leagues and bike a lot), but it would be at the expense of another activity....

2) I volunteered at 3 hospitals (6, 3, 3 mo each), can I just lump them all together in one activity section.

I took an English class my senior year of high schools. It was this cooperative program with a local college, but the class was in my high school with a high school teacher. It doesn't show up on my undergrad transcript since I didn't really care to use it (did not get a great grade; it was my senior year...). Is it absolutely imperative for me to list this and get a transcript for AMCAS?

I took an English class my senior year of high schools. It was this cooperative program with a local college, but the class was in my high school with a high school teacher. It doesn't show up on my undergrad transcript since I didn't really care to use it (did not get a great grade; it was my senior year...). Is it absolutely imperative for me to list this and get a transcript for AMCAS?

If that local college has a transcript for you then yes it is imperative.

Hi,

I am getting a Bachelors/Masters simultaneously through a 4-year BA/MA program. At the end of my four years of college, I get awarded both degrees. In my time, I have to take a minimum of 8 graduate level courses, do research, write a thesis, etc.

After asking LizzyM, she said anything taken until the Bachelors is awarded is counted as undergrad and anything after was graduate, but since they are awarded simultaneously, I wonder how the GPAs are calculated.

Has anyone gone through/seen anything like this and can fill me in? Thanks! :)

The eight graduate-level courses will count toward your grad GPA, and all other courses in college will count towards your undergraduate GPA. :)

Oh, that was misinterpreted. She was saying that if you got just a Bachelors degree, but took graduate level courses, they all count toward your UG GPA. However, if you got a Bachelors and then a masters, the stuff you got when you got a Bachelors would be UG GPA and the stuff after, masters. However, if they are awarded at the same time, I am not sure what exactly happens, so that's why I'm asking .

Hope that makes a little more sense :D

I actually did the same thing! Basically, the classes that count towards your undergrad degree will be party of your undergrad gpa, and the classes that you take for your grad degree will be your grad gpa. You have to separate them even though you did it simultaneously. AMCAS has separate sections for both undergrad and grad and will give you the separate gpa's.

Hi,

I am getting a Bachelors/Masters simultaneously through a 4-year BA/MA program. At the end of my four years of college, I get awarded both degrees. In my time, I have to take a minimum of 8 graduate level courses, do research, write a thesis, etc.

After asking LizzyM, she said anything taken until the Bachelors is awarded is counted as undergrad and anything after was graduate, but since they are awarded simultaneously, I wonder how the GPAs are calculated.

The eight graduate-level courses will count toward your grad GPA, and all other courses in college will count towards your undergraduate GPA. :)

Yeah I don't think this is accurate. No offense, LizzyM! It would be nice if it were accurate, as I am also in a undergraduate/graduate combined program and will receive both at the same time (albeit in 6.5 years, not 4 like you). That means I've taken a lot of graduate coursework (48 hours, so a full grad degree), prior to getting a bachelor's, and gotten mostly As - however, like I said, I don't think this counts toward UG GPA, since it is grad work. I could be wrong, though!

Oh, that was misinterpreted. She was saying that if you got just a Bachelors degree, but took graduate level courses, they all count toward your UG GPA. However, if you got a Bachelors and then a masters, the stuff you got when you got a Bachelors would be UG GPA and the stuff after, masters. However, if they are awarded at the same time, I am not sure what exactly happens, so that's why I'm asking .

Hope that makes a little more sense :D

I actually did the same thing! Basically, the classes that count towards your undergrad degree will be party of your undergrad gpa, and the classes that you take for your grad degree will be your grad gpa. You have to separate them even though you did it simultaneously. AMCAS has separate sections for both undergrad and grad and will give you the separate gpa's.
Merging related threads

Hi,

The AMCAS instruction manual answers this question on pages 38 and 39 of this year's version

Not applying to med school, but just curious for a friend. Is there any significance in not answering the ethnicity/race question if the applicant is Caucasian??

Hey there guys,

Going to need a lot of help if I'm hitting submit in June. Gotta write my PS, but the major hassle (besides ordering transcripts from 3 different schools, one of which is from 2003 during high school) is entering pharmacy grades. Our first three years are undergraduate but we have professional courses sprinkled through them. This is weird so my GPA is going to fluxuate a lot. Hoping I can get some help entering them from you guys.

Also, how do you send "updates" to your schools? I may have a paper publishing in August or so, and I have rotations where I'll be getting nice ol' fat A's, which should look good, and I would love for schools to see that.

Hey fam,

How long (about how many hours) does it take to fill out the AMCAS app. What i mean is i would have my personal statement ready and all my letterts of evaluation ready and so forth. Im going to wait for my spring grades, and am in crunch time right now with work, schoo, multiple volunteering until i graduate. So from the time i graduate to the time i get my spring grades i have a bout 8 or 9 days. Assuming i had about half a day each day within those 8 days to sit down and fill out my application, would that be enough time? I want to have it all done so that when my spring grades come in, pow! i can send them in and submit ASAP. I know i can begin filling it out now in may, but i didnt wanna distract myself and my mind from getting straight A's, you know how all we want to do is focus on AMCAS! =) haha.

Thanks!

Hey fam,

How long (about how many hours) does it take to fill out the AMCAS app. What i mean is i would have my personal statement ready and all my letterts of evaluation ready and so forth. Im going to wait for my spring grades, and am in crunch time right now with work, schoo, multiple volunteering until i graduate. So from the time i graduate to the time i get my spring grades i have a bout 8 or 9 days. Assuming i had about half a day each day within those 8 days to sit down and fill out my application, would that be enough time? I want to have it all done so that when my spring grades come in, pow! i can send them in and submit ASAP. I know i can begin filling it out now in may, but i didnt wanna distract myself and my mind from getting straight A's, you know how all we want to do is focus on AMCAS! =) haha.

Thanks!

Filling out the actual AMCAS if you have EVERYTHING ready shouldn't take more than a day. You would just need to copy and paste everything and fill in demographics. If you are really on a crunch, then start organizing how you are presenting your activities and then pre-write the activities/experiences section. Remember, you will have up to three activities to be chosen as most meaningful so you can also pre-write those. Additionally, start hunting out contact information for each activity you plan on listing as AMCAS requires a contact now.

Filling out the actual AMCAS if you have EVERYTHING ready shouldn't take more than a day. You would just need to copy and paste everything and fill in demographics. If you are really on a crunch, then start organizing how you are presenting your activities and then pre-write the activities/experiences section. Remember, you will have up to three activities to be chosen as most meaningful so you can also pre-write those. Additionally, start hunting out contact information for each activity you plan on listing as AMCAS requires a contact now.

Thank you so much, thats exactly the advice i needed. Awesome! Yes i know about writing the 3 "trans formative" (I believe they call them) experiences. Ill be working on those as well.

Hello. I have a question for those who are familiar with/already went through the application process. I am almost finished with the first of 2 gap years out of undergrad (Teach for America) and will be applying this summer. I took the MCAT already, have all of my letters of recommendation in, and will be ready to submit my application the first day it becomes available. I am also planning a trip to Europe with some friends from June 23rd-July 15th. My question is whether I should submit my primary immediately, or postpone until a date closer to, during, or after the trip. I have heard that med schools expect very fast turnarounds on secondary applications from serious applicants, and that waiting to submit a secondary is frowned upon. But I also know that the admissions process is rolling so it is to my benefit to submit ASAP. Does anyone have a sense of how long it will take for AMCAS to process the application at different points in the summer? Should I submit June 5th or wait until June 22nd or later? It's been a long year and I have been looking forward to this vacation for some time, so I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to work on secondary applications while I'm away. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have a question for those who are familiar with/already went through the application process. I am almost finished with the first of 2 gap years out of undergrad (Teach for America) and will be applying this summer. I took the MCAT already, have all of my letters of recommendation in, and will be ready to submit my application the first day it becomes available. I am also planning a trip to Europe with some friends from June 23rd-July 15th. My question is whether I should submit my primary immediately, or postpone until a date closer to, during, or after the trip. I have heard that med schools expect very fast turnarounds on secondary applications from serious applicants, and that waiting to submit a secondary is frowned upon. But I also know that the admissions process is rolling so it is to my benefit to submit ASAP. Does anyone have a sense of how long it will take for AMCAS to process the application at different points in the summer? Should I submit June 5th or wait until June 22nd or later? It's been a long year and I have been looking forward to this vacation for some time, so I have ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE to work on secondary applications while I'm away. Thanks in advance!

Apply the first day to get verified ASAP. You will start getting secondaries after your verified app is sent out on June 29th. At this point you will most likely receive secondaries - some are going to be essays while others are just pay and click. For the ones that require nothing but money, you can submit your credit info from wherever you are in your trip. The other ones can wait 2 weeks, its not the end of the world.

I just wanted to clarify something as far as waiting on MCAT scores go and applying.

So if I am taking the MCAT on May 31st, ideally I would want to submit the AMCAS on June 5th and only select one school? Then once I get my MCAT scores add other schools to my list?

I just wanted to clarify something as far as waiting on MCAT scores go and applying.

So if I am taking the MCAT on May 31st, ideally I would want to submit the AMCAS on June 5th and only select one school? Then once I get my MCAT scores add other schools to my list?
Yup that's the usual strategy

Do you have to enter a description for each course you take when filling out the amcas?

Do you have to enter a description for each course you take when filling out the amcas?

Just for future reference, these kinds of questions can go in the AMCAS Questions thread found here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=895286

To answer your question, you only enter the course number and name as it appears/will appear on your transcripts + the units the course was worth and grade received.

Edit: I opened up my AMCAS to make sure I have all the details.

You enter - Year, Term (which semester/quarter), Course Classification (math, history, bio, etc), Course Name (as it appears on transcript), Course Number, Credit Hours, Transcript Grade

Last edited:
Just for future reference, these kinds of questions can go in the AMCAS Questions thread found here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=895286

To answer your question, you only enter the course number and name as it appears/will appear on your transcripts + the units the course was worth and grade received.

You enter - Year, Term (which semester/quarter), Course Classification (math, history, bio, etc), Course Name (as it appears on transcript), Course Number, Credit Hours, Transcript Grade

Merged.