*~*~*~*Official AMCAS Questions Thread 2014-2015*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, if you received fap and only apply to one school, can you still add the additional "15 free schools" later?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for double posting, but when i made my thread I didn't see this one. I'll ask here and a moderator can delete my thread.

I took classes at a community college while I was in high school (dual-enrollment), and i have to report those credits to AMCAS. Some of those credits transferred to the 4-year University I am in now. Are those courses that i took in community college (while i was in high school) considered "junior college" or "undergraduate" ?

Are graduate level science courses accounted for in the calculation of the sGPA? I know that AMCAS separates this but how to ADCOMS view it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently waiting for my application be verified. I have a MCAT score for June 2014 on the application. My score was not good. So I plan to take the test again Jan 2015.

My question is... will med schools consider my application incomplete until the second MCAT score is loaded on the application? Instead of mentioning a retake of the MCAT, should I just mention in the secondaries that I am studying and planning to take the test again (if I am lucky enough to get a secondary)?

Please help if you know anything. Thank you!

If you have everything in so your entire application is ready for review at each school, you will not be "late" if it's before 9/1. If you submit July 10, you won't be "early" (considering how long verification is likely to take), but there's nothing wrong with being "average."

Is submitting Aug27 for review, incredibly late and not worth the money?

Is submitting Aug27 for review, incredibly late and not worth the money?
The answer depends on your stats, the strength of your ECs, any "special snowflake" qualities, the selectivity of your school list, and your home state. It isn't a simple yes or no answer. If you haven't already, why not make a detailed WAMC thread to get a personalized response to your question.

Considering your preceeding post above, keep in mind that only one AMCAS school (last I checked the MSAR) will consider a January MCAT retake score for the current cycle.

Hi guys, I have an issue. When I copy and paste my PS from Word to AMCAS, the character count changes, telling me there are more characters for the version I've pasted in AMCAS than in the version in Word, but when I read through both they look exactly the same. Any idea what's going on? Everything looks like it should on the summary page too

Hey guys, I would appreciate it if someone can answer these two questions:

1) One of my professors in my Masters program recently wrote me a letter of recommendation. I've already submitted my primary/secondaries a long time ago and already did a few interviews. Is there any point in sending this LOR anymore? If so, do I send it to each school individually or can I just upload it through my AMCAS application?

2) Since submitting my apps, I also started teaching an afterschool program to middle schoolers. I only do it once or twice a week (5 hrs a week). Is it really worth updating schools on this? If so, do I have to go to each individual supplemental application portal and submit it one by one?

Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I was just wondering, for those medical schools that flat out say "please refrain from contacting the admissions office during the application process" do you email them asking questions/sending updates anyways?

I have quite a significant update to give them and also a letter of recommendation I want to send...I wanted to ask them what would be the perfect avenue to do so.

Also when you're uploading updates to the secondary application website, what is the format? Is it essay style or email style or paragraphs?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi guys, I was just wondering, for those medical schools that flat out say "please refrain from contacting the admissions office during the application process" do you email them asking questions/sending updates anyways?

I have quite a significant update to give them and also a letter of recommendation I want to send...I wanted to ask them what would be the perfect avenue to do so.

Also when you're uploading updates to the secondary application website, what is the format? Is it essay style or email style or paragraphs?

Thanks in advance!!!
That's a great way to send a signal that you either 1) can't read or 2) don't care what their policies are. Don't do it if they say not to. If there's a place to upload updates as you say, just do that. Doesn't matter how you write the update.

Not sure where to post this but:

1) If you are a transfer student, how much emphasis should be placed on explaining WHY you transferred in the PS??
2) Is it correct that AMCAS provides no "additional information" section that would allow one to explain any extra things (e.g., reason for transferring in more detail)? I'm conflicted about whether to explain why I transferred (or just discuss it in passing) and if so, how much space I should allot for it in the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.