Official August 27th 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaitianMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might as well get one started. I'm taking it in August but prepping now! Haven't seen my Sciences in YEARS so I'm starting early. Join as you will.

Members don't see this ad.

I setup a script to refresh the Twitter page every 5 seconds, and email/text me if it finds "8/27 #MCATday, scores have been released!"

How's that for neurotic?

:)
I was bored by your neuroticism until I saw that it said "every 5 seconds" instead of "every 5 minutes," like I originally thought. Impressive indeed.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I have about 3 exams next week. and a lot of HW, but the surge of adrenaline is really inhibiting all my neuronal learning pathways.

Well, off to class. I forget my AAMC username and password so it looks like I am SOL as far as checking it when I should be paying attention to lecture.

Members don't see this ad :)
AAMC folks - if you are reading this, please release our scores and end this misery :(

Reactions: 1 user
Who else feels they did worse and worse as the release time gets closer. I studied 4 months avg 10 hours a day everyday. Except for the 4th of July lol. I'll be so upset when I see I got like a 26 lol

With all honesty I studied for 11 weeks 3 hours a day. Just did 2 Full Full Length (with english and proper timing), so I am expecting the worse. But hopefully double digits in PS BS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who else feels they did worse and worse as the release time gets closer. I studied 4 months avg 10 hours a day everyday. Except for the 4th of July lol. I'll be so upset when I see I got like a 26 lol

Yeah me too on the feeling worse and worse about it. Also studied for 4 months, not 10 hours a day though, just in most of my free time.

im not going to have any fingernails or hair left by the time the scores come out :bang:

I studied for ~3 weeks. Few hours a day. Regretting that decision pretty hard right now.

Remember to post using this template:

Test Date: 8/27/14
Time:
FL AAMC Average:
AAMC 10-11 Avg.:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score (PS/V/BS):

Time: 1:00 PM
FL AAMC Average: 33.5
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 33
Post-test expected score: 29-34
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 34 (12/9/13)

So relieved with my score!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Time: 1 pm
FL AAMC Average: 30s (only did the PS and BS sections with infinite breaks between them )
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 14/07/14
Post-test expected score: 12/6/12
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/09/12

May I add that in the Med Schools in my country they only look for the Ps and Bs and take the Verbal scores of the English courses. So I couldn't care less about the Verbal, But ill take that lol.

May I comment I only did AAMC 11 and Kaplan 10 under test conditions. (with same 10min breaks and with english) so my score i beyond perfect for me. I am out of words. I hoped for better in the BS surely. If anyone needs help I will try to get back to the site these few days. So message me.

Reactions: 2 users
Time: 10:15 (in Amman Jordan right now)
FL AAMC Average: 3 - (10/10/11)

AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 10- (12/10/11)
Post-test expected score: 28-29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (12/10/11)

Reactions: 1 users
Time: 1 PM
FL AAMC Average: 36
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 35
Post-test expected score: 34-37
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 12/10/12

While I was hoping for a 36, I'm definitely happy with a 34 and worked my ass off to get it. Wondering how @mehc012 did

Reactions: 4 users
Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 37.6
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 36.5
Post-test expected score: no clue, didnt want to set myself up for disappointment
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/14 =39

I cant even begin to describe my relief/excitement.

Reactions: 5 users
AAMC avg: 36.000 median scores(13 10 13)
Actual: 35 (13:09:13)

Like itsthat1guy, was hoping for a 36, I am satisfied with a 35. I am slightly disappointed with that VR score (I've never scored below 10 before on any AAMC), but I don't think it's crippling.

Edit: I put a colon in front of a parenthesis and the site thought it was a frowny

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Toxicology exam in 3 hours, have to resist checking scores! My stomach is twisting and turning!

I would check it if I were you, wouldn't want to think of it during the exam. And have someone slap you when you check it wherethere good (Hopefully) of Acceptable.

!!!!!! Got my AAMC average! The practice tests pretty much predicted me perfectly (went up or down a point from these).

Time: noon
FL AAMC Average: 40 (3, 7, 8, 9, 10 - 38, 40, 41, 40, 41)
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: 41 (only took 10)
Post-test expected score: First 38, then 35, then 29...
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 14/11/15 = 40

Reactions: 7 users
FL AAMC Average: 30
AAMC 10-11 Avg.: Never did it
Post-test expected score: 28
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 32 (11/11/10)

Reactions: 2 users
I would check it if I were you, wouldn't want to think of it during the exam. And have someone slap you when you check it wherethere good (Hopefully) of Acceptable.
stomach hurts thinking about it, trying to resist so I'm not all caught up during the exam... Congrats to everyone though, high scores so far!

FL AAMC Average: 38
Post-test expected score: 34-36
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 38!! (14/11/13)

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! Oh my god so relieved! I definitely thought I got an 8 on verbal

Reactions: 4 users
I'll be checking when I get home in 3-4 hours. Stress is killing me, especially seeing how well everyone else did! Good job guys :)

I'm thinking I'll be one of those people who does bad. I studied my butt off and know I couldn't have done any more studying. I just feel like nerves may have effed my score. I was averaging around 35 by the end. Thinking I go in the 20s :(

I'm thinking I'll be one of those people who does bad. I studied my butt off and know I couldn't have done any more studying. I just feel like nerves may have effed my score. I was averaging around 35 by the end. Thinking I go in the 20s :(
thats how i feel right now.. like i got an 18 or something.. I'll check later this evening

Time: 1pm
FL AAMC Average: 31 (9/12/10)
Post-test expected score: 29
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): (9/8/10) -- 27 :cryi:

I've been lurking on this thread a long time now and am so happy that everybody here seemed to score close to their averages! I have no idea what happened here and am so disappointed to be an outlier. I never scored below a 10 on verbal in my practice AAMC's and was usually scoring 12-13's. I honestly felt that I hit wayyy below my average for physics on the actual exam and that I got around an 11 for BS. Verbal felt pretty normal. Goes to show you never can tell. Luckily I already have a retake booked in January, I'm just pretty bummed that I can't cancel it.

Time: 1 PM
FL AAMC Average: 30
Post-test expected score: 29-31
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 31 (11/09/11)

Pretty much my average, finally done!

Average: 31.6
Post test expected: 30
Actual Score (PS/V/BS): 11/10/11 for a 32.

Not happy with the verbal considering it was below my average, I definitely panicked in the section. I'll be getting a second score back on Oct 7th. But overall this score is just slightly below the average score accepted at the medical school I'm applying, so I'm satisfied with how it went and I think I've got a pretty good shot at getting into medical school.