***Official Baylor College of Dentistry c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

newmexomfs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Baylor! I am in... ! couldn't wait to start this thread!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it really necessary to make a thread for each school? I think the TMDSAS thread is fine.

Really?.. Congrats on getting in. No doubt you worked hard for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Really?.. Congrats on getting in. No doubt you worked hard for it.

Sorry, I wasnt trying to come off as flaming. I just dont think we need to clutter SDN with a thread for every single school.

Sorry, I wasnt trying to come off as flaming. I just dont think we need to clutter SDN with a thread for every single school.

Hasn't been an issue here in previous years! :) It's easier this way so that classmates can have an area to ask school-specific questions, yeah?

Anyway! So excited! Baylor's my only acceptance so far and I've wanted to be a student there for a long time :) So happy to finally be posting in here! Good luck guys!

I'm in too! waited till 12:20 or so but went to sleep. Woke up just now and I don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting it, especially with my DAT scores

Baylor as well here :D Is this you guys first choice?

Alright then, count me in too! Maybe we should make a fb group too.

Last edited:
Yay!!!!! How exciting!!! Did you guys all interview in August?

I still have'nt gotten an acceptance or a rejection email yet from Baylor. Anyone else in this boat?!?! :( Does anyone know when they send out the last email today?? I am SOOOO anxious! It's killing me!!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have'nt gotten an acceptance or a rejection email yet from Baylor. Anyone else in this boat?!?! :( Does anyone know when they send out the last email today?? I am SOOOO anxious! It's killing me!!! :eek:

I haven't yet either, so you're not alone! I feel like we got skipped over, and it's already over :(

Anybody get the letter today?

Apparently there's a $200 deposit now.

Hello Baylor2011, your name is very fitting :thumbup:

thanks Texangal, i got my letter today as well :D

Did anybody else receive an email from Dr Spears today?

I am still having a tough time choosing between Baylor and San Antonio. I know all of you have decided to go to Baylor. Can you share the reason why you decided to go to Baylor instead of SA since I guess most of you got acceptance from both schools. Also, if there is anyone with kids and family let me know as well.

Are you talking about the official letter?

I am still having a tough time choosing between Baylor and San Antonio. I know all of you have decided to go to Baylor. Can you share the reason why you decided to go to Baylor instead of SA since I guess most of you got acceptance from both schools. Also, if there is anyone with kids and family let me know as well.

I choose Baylor because it is pretty much the best school in the south. From all of the Dentits that I have worked with, I have found that the Baylor Dr's seem to run the most succseeful practices. They seem to have the practice side of Dentistry undercontrol, but also the business side taken care of as well. I feel that Baylor gives their students an amazing opportunity to network through the system and provide experience and knowledge that the students need so they can stand on their own 2 feet post-graduation. If you talk to many of the practicing dentists, many will tell you that they all wanted to go to Baylor but they got in to school X.

To me, Baylor is the clear choice without a doubt in my mind. Another point that I would like to make, is that the lab work they teach you to do will be an invaluabe tool that you will take with you throughout your career! Even though you may not be making every crown that you seat, it is nice to know that you have been trained to manuipulate poor lab work and the 'know how' to fix it in such a way that you can make it work.

Plus they gave me a scholarship :) GO BAYLOR!

I think it'd be easier if we made an actual fb page instead of just a group! are you guys okay with that instead?? =)

I think it'd be easier if we made an actual fb page instead of just a group! are you guys okay with that instead?? =)

I'm OK with it! Let me know if/when you get something going and invite me in! Ill PM you my e-mail address. Thanks!

Plus they gave me a scholarship :) GO BAYLOR!

How do you know they offered you a scholarship already?! Did you have to apply for it or what?

yep, let me know :D

They sent it to me with my official acceptance letter
I didn't apply for it...

Ah ok...hopefully I'll get my letter today :xf:

Even though we went through the financials during the interview process and the website has some information, is the overall tuition + supplies amount at about $72,000 for the 4 years? Just wanting to get someone else's confirmation in case they have any new information.

anyone know great places for near-campus housing?

The Marquis on Gaston, The Marquis at Texas Street, and Ambrose are all within walking distance. Marquis on Gaston seems to be the most popular.

The Village off of 75 and Northwest Hwy is a great place and a little cheaper but not within walking distance.

thanks! i will be looking at those places and i wouldn't mind driving to school as long as the place is within 5 miles. and there's also a transport system in dallas too isnt it? like a metro rail of some sort. anyways i am also interested in rooming so if anyone here wants a roommate (2-3 bedrooms), PM me!

thanks! i will be looking at those places and i wouldn't mind driving to school as long as the place is within 5 miles. and there's also a transport system in dallas too isnt it? like a metro rail of some sort. anyways i am also interested in rooming so if anyone here wants a roommate (2-3 bedrooms), PM me!

Yeah its called the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit).
Fares: http://www.dart.org/fares/fares.asp
Map: http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

My wife and i are looking at buying a modest home on the north end of the metroplex around carrollton or plano close to a DART rail line. Paying $40k in rent over the next 4.5 yrs didnt appeal to us.

Yeah its called the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit).
Fares: http://www.dart.org/fares/fares.asp
Map: http://www.dart.org/maps/printrailmap.asp

My wife and i are looking at buying a modest home on the north end of the metroplex around carrollton or plano close to a DART rail line. Paying $40k in rent over the next 4.5 yrs didnt appeal to us.

Instead you'll pay OVER 40k in interest, property taxes, and closing costs if you buy a home. Plus it's a hassle in terms of upkeep that you don't have a ton of time for and it poses a problem upon graduation. (Do I sell it or rent it? Do I take a hit on it? Do I really want to be a landlord? Do I force myself to find a job in the metroplex so that we can continue to live in it?)

I'm not saying its a bad idea but you have to look at it for what it is. And over the short term (4-5 years) its probably not a great financial investment unless the housing market booms.

Hello!
Both of my fiance and I are OOS and were were accepted to Baylor w/ in state tuition. We would really love to tour both the school and the area again. We are wondering if anyone would be interested in showing us the city. We'll take you to lunch(or dinner) & can drive :D. A dental student or just someone familiar with the area would be great.

Thanks! and Congratulations everyone :)

**After Finals!

Last edited:
For those who already sent their deposits in...did you just send in a 200$ check with your TMDSAS ID, acceptance letter, name, info and etc? or did you just send the check in by itself? Reason i'm asking is because on the acceptance letter it said to "formally accept the offer by sending in a letter of acceptance and a 200$ deposit check". Would that be the acceptance letter they mailed to us or do we actually have to write a letter saying that we accept the offer? just confuse about the situation and i'm studying for finals so my brain isn't really comprehending what things are needed to be done at the moment lol.

For those who already sent their deposits in...did you just send in a 200$ check with your TMDSAS ID, acceptance letter, name, info and etc? or did you just send the check in by itself? Reason i'm asking is because on the acceptance letter it said to "formally accept the offer by sending in a letter of acceptance and a 200$ deposit check". Would that be the acceptance letter they mailed to us or do we actually have to write a letter saying that we accept the offer? just confuse about the situation and i'm studying for finals so my brain isn't really comprehending what things are needed to be done at the moment lol.

Its all good, Pretty sure you need to just write a letter stating that you accept their offer. Also I would put your TMDSAS ID on it as well. You can also call Janet to make sure this is exactly what you need to do.

I've been accepted also to Baylor! The heat is off! I had my interview September 1st.

Send in a letter stating you accept the offer. Also send in you $200 deposit. I spoke to Janet yesterday and she told me they will be sending a packet in March asking you for your shot records, physical and all official transcripts.

when did you receive your acceptance?

Bump!

Anyone accepted into Baylor this week?

Received a letter from the Dean a few weeks ago! After you send in your deposit and acceptance letter, he will reply back stating thank you for accepting Baylor! I'm really excited and can't wait to meet all of you who are choosing Baylor.

Can you tell me your stats, I'm applying this fall, and did you complete upper level science...