***Official Baylor College of Dentistry c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

I'm in too! waited till 12:20 or so but went to sleep. Woke up just now and I don't know what to say, I wasn't expecting it, especially with my DAT scores

Could you tell me your stats b/c I'm applying this fall and I'm soooo nervous

Members don't see this ad.

Could you tell me your stats b/c I'm applying this fall and I'm soooo nervous

They were average 16-17. But my GPA Was high 3.8 overall and 3.9 science.
Plus I was in dental school back in my country and I did very good in the interview; got a scholarship from Baylor too.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm glad that all of you have finally received acceptance to Baylor. Baylor is my number one choice and I am applying this year for Class of 2016'. Hope I get in! On a side note...

I have also applied to the SPEP-Collegiate program that Baylor offers every summer. Has anyone on this thread ever attended the SPEP program.. if so, could you please share your experiences (positive or negative)..
Did the program prepare you for the DAT?

How was the phone interview, what questions were asked?

What courses did you take in the SPEP?

How many of your mates in the program were accepted into Dental school after the program.

Any experiences are welcome, a quick overview of the program would also be appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

been looking at apartments for the past few weeks. right now i'm kind of interested in rooming with someone to live at the marquis on gaston. trying to save some money on rent so i was looking at the 1 bedroom/ 1 den (second bedroom pretty much). let me know if anyone is interested. just send me a message!!

Did any one go to the SPEP 2010 at Baylor if so can anyone tell me what it is like.
Thanks

Did any one go to the SPEP 2010 at Baylor if so can anyone tell me what it is like.
Thanks

I applied to the program for 2011 summer.. but havent heard back from Dr. Lacey yet. Did you apply for the program this summer also?

I have also applied to the program. I called last week and they told me that they will start making calls today...

I have also applied to the program. I called last week and they told me that they will start making calls today...

Yeah, Jamie called me today and told me that I've been selected for a phone interview on monday.. Hopefully all goes well.

I applied to the program for 2011 summer.. but havent heard back from Dr. Lacey yet. Did you apply for the program this summer also?
Yea applied for 2011 SPEP but didnt hear anything yet...really hoping I get in

Are you a Texas resident? Underrepresented minority?

I'm an underrepresented minority but I'm not from tx....I wonder if they r done with invitations for phone interviews........what do u think.....

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an underrepresented minority but I'm not from tx....I wonder if they r done with invitations for phone interviews........what do u think.....

Considering that your an out of state resident.. Im not sure if your chances of getting into the program decreases...but I spoke with Jamie and she informed me that they accept students all over the nation for the SPEP program.. but when applying to the dental school.. they are more selective in which out of staters they select.

You should call Mrs. Jamie V. and find out whether or not she is done scheduling interviews. Best of Luck.

I have an interview at 11 am..Monday. Need to get this out the way.. looking forward to this summer if accepted! :)

Yea that would be great if we are both acceptd.. Are you applying to dental school this year. Also have you been preparing for the DAT.. Ms. V told me to start so I can be ahead. And where are you from, I live 5 min away from baylor dental school

Yea that would be great if we are both acceptd.. Are you applying to dental school this year. Also have you been preparing for the DAT.. Ms. V told me to start so I can be ahead. And where are you from, I live 5 min away from baylor dental school

ill PM ya..

I received a call from Janet extending an offer for the Fall!!

Whoop!:thumbup:

I received a call from Janet extending an offer for the Fall!!

Whoop!:thumbup:

congrats man.. Looks like the list is moving for baylor. Were you waitlisted before you were given the acceptance offer?

:thumbup:

what apartments are you all moving into?

Last edited:
Were you waitlisted before you were given the acceptance offer?

Yes. I was put on the alternate list Feb 22. They told me in the interview not to be disappointed because I wouldnt be in the first round of acceptances. At the time of the interview I had only been back in school for one year and half the Fall semester. And being a non-traditional student, I didnt even have all the pre-reqs by Dec 1st (I was in Biochem I that Fall). The were very honest with me and told me they wanted to see more of my grades. I had actually given up and thought it wouldnt happen this round.

This was posted on the facebook page but just in case if any of yall haven't joined yet....

one of our members posted about an in town housing program they have at certain apartment locations and I called marquis at texas street and it's a pretty sweet deal. They have a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom for 1055 a month on a 12 month lease if anyone is actually looking for a roommate. to me that's a good deal considering most of the price ranges for downtown apartments are anywhere from 1200+. It's also a nice location not too far away from Baylor as well (like a one minute drive)

hi, i got my interview for baylor the 19th. This is my first interview ever. Any advise? type of questions? help Thank!:scared:

Haha, might be time to deduce the who is who on this thread :p

Haha can you guess who I am Ji? ;)